The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Blog Writers For My Directory

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Blog Writers For My Directory Empty .tel Blog Writers For My Directory

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 12:37 pm

Gav01-10-2010 07:45 PM

.tel Blog Writers For My Directory

Hi

I am currently updating my .tel directory.

I am adding a section where users will be able to write a blog or anything .tel related onto my website. It will be very simple to use and each user will have there own category within the blog so that people can follow your posts at any time.

Each user will receive there own unique password so that they can upload there comments whenever they wish. We will then check the posts ( just to cover ourselves ) and then they will be posted live onto our website for the world to see.

It is 100% free for anyone interested.

Look forward to hearing from you

Gav

mactel01-12-2010 02:55 PM

How is the section/blog going to look like?
    Where will I be able to find it?
    Could you create a nicer header?: I looks out of focus/fuzzy.
    Font size in the category column is too big, and some text is "cut off".
    Otherwhise, your website is interesting.
    Good window with the new added .tel's.

Gav01-12-2010 04:02 PM

Hi mactel

Many thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.

The logo is one that I took from telnic, after asking nadya if this was ok, your right it is a bit fussy but this is the best I could get it, even using png. My site is listed on the telnic site as a recognised directory.

Font size is more bold in category section so that stands out, looks lovely in ie8, not so good in firefox, it is a job to get everything to display nice and look good in all browsers.

The text is not cut off as such, each listing shows just a little text of what the person has uploaded for his .tel information. You can then click on more for the full description and links directly into there website ect. I thought this worked quite well. In the main page that is no text limit on each .tel listing which I think was really important with this directory as users can write as much as they want about there service ect without having to worry about text limits. I always find directories annoying when you can only use a small amount of space.

The blog will be added as a link in the top menu and I would probably add a nice image on the home page so that people would definatley click into after visiting the site.

I will add a link in the top menu now so you can see an example of how it would work and what it would look like.

As mentioned in the first post each user would recieve there own unique username and password to the area to write any posts.

The blog will have a main rss feed, as well as a comments section so that people can post any comments realted to your topic.

The site is becoming more busy each week in regards of visitors and this is why im making every push now to ensure they reviisit the site again to keep up with all the latest info ect.

Have a look and see what you think, I will leave the test blog page on there until I have heard back from you.

Check it out here at http://www.teltheworld.co.uk/telthew....html#comments

Regards

Gav

mactel01-12-2010 07:05 PM

Hi Gav,
    Thanks, for your detailed, thorough and informative, prompt reply.

The blog page looks fresh and clean, but I miss a option to upload and display pictures/photographs.

Example for resizing a header:
    Menue:

1.) Graphics
    2.) GIMP Image Editor
    3.) open folder with your banner
    4.) tools
    5.) resizing
    6.) %, ca. 70%
    7.) cut out
    8.) "New"
    9.) paste
    10.) save as 

Really no problem to get crisp and sharp lines and pixels.

When you resize, you must change "pixels" to "%", and then give a appoximate size in %, and see if it fits into your space: For example your current logo/header/drawing is always 100%, at first. Then you resize it to a smaller format: For example 50%, or 60%. 
    (For a forum avatar, it might be 80% of the original icon, you chose.)
    You got to play around with your image editor, and figure out, which method gives you the best picture quality results. 

If it doesnt work, you could let me know, what sort of banner you would like, and I could resize it for you, so that it fits perfect on your website (same size as existing banner) and email it to you, and you would only have to download it, and upload it again, and it would look realy gorgeous on your website.

Gav01-12-2010 09:20 PM

Hi mactel

Thanks very much for your thoughts. 

In regards of the banner ideally I would like a really snazzy one with something to do with .tel and to tel the world. Had a few ideas but nothing really materialised.

Have you any ideas for a brand teltheworld logo ?. If so how much do you charge for designing one. Im ok at designing websites but not that great at banners.

Your comments regarding the pictures ect on blog posts could easy be done however it would mean me giving complete access to my website control panel as this is where they are all uploaded from, which is why I was going to give and area where people writing any posts could just upload there comments ect and they would be reviewed and added accordingly.

Maybe the blog writers is not such a good idea as you mention people would probably want to add lots of pictures and logos ect rather then just a standard blog.

Im just trying to think of ideas to get people even more interested in .tel and this way i figured people could comment on posts without having to join a forum or giving out any of there details, which I know many peole for some reason still do not like to to.

Do you think he blog is a good idea or not ?

Any other ideas are most welcome

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Gav

mactel01-13-2010 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
    Hi Gav,
    I am not a webdesigner, but I do design sometimes. Just spontanously. Lets see what we can do. I don't like to think about money, because it spoils and hinders creativety.

I suggest that you do a co-production design/website with Peppy the tortoise, and that you take this logo:
    http://peppylovestel.blogspot.com/

See also attachment, for a better imagination of the idea.
    Or a similar one, or a modified one.

- Make it a bit smaller, some modifications, and: Bingo!...

But it could be something else. ...maybe a bit later...

I understand about the uploading of pictures. Maybe you could integrate a google blog? Or people could send you their pictures, and you could upload them your self.
    Sure the blog is a good idea. And it would even be fine, without pictures, at first. 

Gav01-13-2010 10:46 AM

Hi mactel

Many thanks for your idea.

Just a quick question after looking at your attachment I now see what you mean about the categories displaying to big.

What browser is that you are viewing my site on ?

It seems fine in all these -

internet explorer
    firefox
    google chrome

Regards

Gav

mactel01-14-2010 04:50 AM

Hi Gav
    It is --------- Iceape -----------

I am not using Firefox (version 2.0.0.11), since a while, because, when my laptop gets too hot, my system crashes. 

Konqueror, is also a good browser that is very solid and stable, and never causes problems, but Iceape is a bit nicer to work with.

Maybe I'll go back to Firefox, on my new laptop.

More details about my crappy Firefox:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071128 Firefox/2.0.0.11 (MEPIS-2.0.0.11-1mepis1)

More details about my good Iceape:
    # Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.14eol) Gecko/20070505 Iceape/1.0.9 (Debian-1.0.13~pre080323b-0etch3)

P.S.: 
    I just did a test with Firefox, and reduced text size, and your fonts looked ok.
    But in Iceape, I cant reduce the text size.

Gav01-14-2010 11:51 AM

Thanks mactel

You had me worried there for a while.

To get a site to look good in all browsers is so difficult as there are tons of them.

I always make sure they view ok in what I would call the main ones

internet explorer
    firefox
    opera
    safari
    google chrome

Thanks for letting me know,

I also hate firefox, im internet exporer through and through. I know many don't like ie but me personally love it and will never change.

I could sort a form out in the blog area where you could upload photos, would you be interested in writing any posts or articles.

Thank Agains

Gav

mactel01-14-2010 12:58 PM

Hi Gav
    I can't recommend Internet Explorer:
    It has a lot of security holes / security vulnerability. 

About posting and writing articles: I have a lot of .tel blogs, where I must post new articles within reasonable time. 
    But I might feel like writing on a other website (yours), some time.

Gav01-14-2010 02:03 PM

Hi mactel

I can set you a user account up for my site so that you can post blogs as often or as little as you like, its entirley up to you, no strings attached.

Please let me know if you would like one set up

Regards

Gav

mactel01-14-2010 06:46 PM

Hi Gave,
    one set up, would be fine.
    PM me for username and password,or access data, or whatever ( ).

Current date/time is 2024-05-16, 9:51 pm