The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Treasure Hunt

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Treasure Hunt Empty Treasure Hunt

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:56 pm

dialaroom05-28-2010 12:16 PM

Treasure Hunt

Week Three.
    Stories good, clues are a bit easy, don't you think.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-28-2010 12:37 PM

Just figured out what to type to get to chapter three after figuring out the initial location a week ago! Only 70 followers to the competition. Good for the few that are eligible to win, but this needs to go viral to promote .tel.
    Mark

Justin Hayward05-28-2010 02:00 PM

As I mentioned Mark, the 70 followers are on Twitter. There are multiple channels being used to promote the competition, including Facebook, newswires, listings on free competition websites. If anyone feels like putting a banner ad on their site as well, these are available in the resources section of the website.

Social media takes time for messages to filter through, hence the reason why the competition is running over 10 weeks. Anyone can pick the story up from the beginning at any time up until the last chapter goes live, so friends, colleagues and family can play along - it's not too late!

Justin Hayward05-28-2010 02:00 PM

Dialaroom - still seven weeks to go

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-28-2010 02:17 PM

Justin, I stand corrected, yes 70 at twitter, and now know that the competition is being advertised.
    BTW, I've had a banner at www.outwit.me and TelMasters.com since day one.
    Mark

Justin Hayward05-28-2010 02:58 PM

Thanks Mark

dialaroom05-30-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 9133)

[size]
    The harder it gets, the more people will discuss it. The more people discuss it, well you know what I mean..[/size]

dialaroom06-05-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 9133)

[size]
    Week 4 - Come on Justin, you can make it a bit harder.

I find it interesting, that the more searches I do on telpages, the more I realise just how many people are using it for their business and personal contact info. There are thousands of .tels populted and sitting quietly, doing the job for which they were intended. Quite inspiring really, almost brought a tear to my eye :)[/size]

Justin Hayward06-05-2010 11:09 AM

@dialaroom not many have found it so far this week - you're just in the top percentile is all

I'm glad that you're getting the purpose of the competition - it's about drawing attention to the use of .tel domains and how many are actually populated.

dialaroom06-05-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 9236)
    @dialaroom not many have found it so far this week - you're just in the top percentile is all

I'm glad that you're getting the purpose of the competition - it's about drawing attention to the use of .tel domains and how many are actually populated.

[size]
    @Justin - Only teasing, this week was hard enough. You're right it does focus your attention more on populated tels and their uses.[/size]

dialaroom06-12-2010 12:25 PM

Week 5 storyline getting interesting. Still say clues should be a little more difficult, then people would search telpages more. Anyway, hope it's raising awareness, don't know how you can measure it though.

dialaroom06-15-2010 07:32 PM

New link for next week

If you haven't read the tweet, emmasjourney has had to change the link for next weeks story and clue.

dialaroom06-22-2010 02:12 PM

Keep going Emma. Last clue took me two days Justin. Saw some great .tels though.

dialaroom06-22-2010 02:41 PM

As it appears I'm the only one following the Treasure Hunt, may I suggest we bring the poor girl home straight away, before she gets into any more trouble. I would of course be happy for her to join me on the Prize holiday, to help her get over her trials and tribulations so far. It was just a thought, feel free to move it to tel dreams.

Triton NW06-23-2010 06:16 PM

I am embarassed to say that I still have not figured out the current clue. Way too much time invested in it.

dialaroom06-23-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 9582)
    I am embarassed to say that I still have not figured out the current clue. Way too much time invested in it.

[size]
    The trick for me is to just do it for five minutes at a time, if I don't get it, I just go back and have another look when I get a spare 5 mins. Otherwise I start thinking it's more cryptic than it actually ever is.[/size]

dialaroom06-25-2010 05:53 PM

Things are really hotting up in this weeks story. Good Clue, sort of easy and hard. (Not that hard though) 
    Some really good .tels here. Interesting to see how different .tellers approach similar subjects.

Triton NW06-25-2010 10:41 PM

Finally got last weeks this morning. Man did I struggle with that one. This weeks went pretty quickly although I didn't get part of the clue. I found the link with only 4 of the 6 lines making sense. Oh well, I found it.

Simon G06-25-2010 11:31 PM

Still on last weeks one stuck
    on the second last line. Hmm 
    it is great to see so many varied .tel tho.

dialaroom07-02-2010 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Justin Hayward;9133]Dialaroom - still seven weeks to go :)[/QUOTE
    Week 8 Justin - Dead easy.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Treasure Hunt Empty Re: Treasure Hunt

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 1:57 pm

dialaroom07-10-2010 12:55 PM

OK, thought you had me this week, saw more populated .tels than I thought existed. Storyline is intersting to say the least.

Aled07-16-2010 04:27 PM

The final chapter is up, so it's a race to the finish now.

We had to move one of the chapters due to issues with the blog provider, but the link has been updated.

Good luck to all of you trying for the £5,000 ($7,500) prize!

dottel.net07-16-2010 05:34 PM

what kind of response have we seen with this competition? when is the winner announced?

dialaroom07-16-2010 08:23 PM

Just looked at the last chapter, whoever solves this first deserves a holiday, good luck all.

wibblenut07-16-2010 09:07 PM

Edit: removed answer until competition is over. Don't want to spoil it for you!

Aled07-19-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 10019)
    what kind of response have we seen with this competition? when is the winner announced?

[size]
    We've had a good response from players and thousands of views of http://thejourneystarts.tel as it has been promoted across a number of competition amalgamation sites, advertised in facebook and promoted on Twitter.

The winner will be announced once the entries have been verified.[/size]

dottel.net07-19-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 10064)
    We've had a good response from players and thousands of views of http://thejourneystarts.tel as it has been promoted across a number of competition amalgamation sites, advertised in facebook and promoted on Twitter.

The winner will be announced once the entries have been verified.

[size]
    thanks Aled. By wibblenuts weekend posting and then subsequent edit I think we have a winner :)[/size]

dottel.net08-09-2010 07:45 PM

any update on this comp? and the winner is.....

Justin Hayward08-10-2010 07:27 AM

The winner will be announced when the competition period ends on 20th August.

dottel.net08-10-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 10455)
    The winner will be announced when the competition period ends on 20th August.

[size]
    thank you![/size]

Justin Hayward08-20-2010 03:25 PM

All,

The treasure hunt has now closed and the winner was Andy Chantrill. More information will be in the next newsletter which will be out shortly.

Congratulations Andy - looks like it's been a successful week for you!

Justin

Cees08-20-2010 03:44 PM

That's PlaggyPig isn't it?.... if it is he's having a good week, congratulations.

dialaroom08-20-2010 04:47 PM

Well done Andy, have a great holiday!

wibblenut08-20-2010 05:34 PM

Cheers guys, I'm really chuffed :-)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-20-2010 08:17 PM

Justin, can you post the answers? I got stuck in chapter 4 or 5.

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 4:33 pm