The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

1st Page ranking, how expensive?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

1st Page ranking, how expensive? Empty 1st Page ranking, how expensive?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 2:19 pm

Cees12-03-2010 06:38 AM

1st Page ranking, how expensive?

Does anyone know how much it costs to get on to Googles 1st page with a TLD other than a .tel.
    I understand this may vary a bit, but a low and high end estimate would suffice.
    Any help greatly appreciated, I'm trying to come up with a bit of a benchmark for a static ad for one of my sites.

dottel12-03-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 11731)
    Does anyone know how much it costs to get on to Googles 1st page with a TLD other than a .tel.
    I understand this may vary a bit, but a low and high end estimate would suffice.
    Any help greatly appreciated, I'm trying to come up with a bit of a benchmark for a static ad for one of my sites.

[size]
    1. It depends on your website and it's factors. No SEO professional would ever give you a quote without analysing you website. 

2. Once they do the analysis they should be in a position to suggest you relevant keywords from which you can select. If you have chosen your keywords then they will suggest you if they are realistic targets and or provide you information on what keywords you should consider.

3. Based on all of the above, they will give you a quote.

Other influencing factors is Geographic (due to currency conversion) & Expertise (how successful they are, their total experice & other similar stuff)

If anyone is giving you such min and max prices without analysing your website then they don't know what they are talking about.[/size]

dottel.net12-03-2010 11:32 AM

sound advice already given. 

I'd also add it does depend on what keywords you're attempting to rank for, some would be very very difficult without alot of work, time and effort. And even then no guarantees.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-03-2010 03:31 PM

Powerful .TEL Long Tail SEO

One of the biggest advantages .tel has in SEO over .COM is your ability to create "long tail" search phrases as subdomains. So specific searches for a product or service in your locality will likely find your site first quite often. For example ...

oak-ridges-oil-change.oktireoakridges.tel
    australia.how-to-mail-santa-claus-from-your-country.santas.tel
    store-295.toronto-central.toronto.store-locations-by-city-and-town-a-to-z.lcbo.tel
    call-santa-claus-for-free.santas.tel
    newspaper-puzzle-game-syndication.syndicated.tel
    naturopathic-doctors.medical.business-listings.yorkregion.tel

Don't be afraid of long domain names. They might not necessarily be for browsing, but they are definitely search-engine friendly.

If you have the time, it's well worth your while to figure out the myriad ways people search and make their phrases your subdomains. Your tel domain is a powerful asset for a small business.

Mark

tony mayo12-03-2010 03:38 PM

Now I fully understand the significance of long tail sub-domains. Another useful piece of information that I will put to work. Thanks Mark.

dottel.net12-03-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 11735)
    One of the biggest advantages .tel has in SEO over .COM is your ability to create "long tail" search phrases as subdomains. So specific searches for a product or service in your locality will likely find your site first quite often. For example ...

oak-ridges-oil-change.oktireoakridges.tel
    australia.how-to-mail-santa-claus-from-your-country.santas.tel
    store-295.toronto-central.toronto.store-locations-by-city-and-town-a-to-z.lcbo.tel
    call-santa-claus-for-free.santas.tel
    newspaper-puzzle-game-syndication.syndicated.tel
    naturopathic-doctors.medical.business-listings.yorkregion.tel

Don't be afraid of long domain names. They might not necessarily be for browsing, but they are definitely search-engine friendly.

If you have the time, it's well worth your while to figure out the myriad ways people search and make their phrases your subdomains. Your tel domain is a powerful asset for a small business.

Mark

[size]
    Agreed. Although we've found google is more long tail seo .tel friendly in this sense vs Bing or Yahoo. Have others found the same? Or are you all seeing similar success across the search engines?[/size]

rgolds12-03-2010 06:08 PM

That's not specific to .tel. Any domain owner can create long subdomains.

dottel.net12-03-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolds (Post 11743)

[size]
    from my limited testing, long tail domains on other extensions (for whatever reason) don't index as well as tel domains by google. Again take that with a pinch of salt, I don't have hard tests for this but have done some limited testing with .tel, .info and .co.uk extensions and found the .tel long tails are treated more favourably by google (not bing or yahoo)[/size]

rgolds12-03-2010 06:21 PM

This is just a guess, but if that really is the case, it might have something to do with the fact that Google doesn't consider something.tel as a root level domain. You can see this behavior at Google Webmaster Tools. After verifying ownership of a .tel, then going to Site Configuration > Settings, where you'd normally be able to specify a preferred domain (i.e. www prefix or not), it says, "Restricted to root level domains only".

Because Google considers .tel domains different from the others, that may impact the weight its algorithms give to .tel subdomains in the search results.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-03-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolds (Post 11743)

[size]
    Nothing as easily as .tel through CTH or a Quick Update tool. Most domains owners have a lot of work ahead of them to create subdomains with content. First create the subdomain at the hosting server, then edit the html, then upload. Piece of cake with .tel.
    Mark[/size]

rgolds12-03-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 11749)
    Nothing as easily as .tel through CTH or a Quick Update tool. Most domains owners have a lot of work ahead of them to create subdomains with content. First create the subdomain at the hosting server, then edit the html, then upload. Piece of cake with .tel.
    Mark

[size]
    That really depends on the registrar/host. For example, on DreamHost (the host I use), you can very easily set a subdomain to mirror content from another location, redirect, etc, all on a single setup screen.[/size]

maximka12-03-2010 11:10 PM

Somewhere I heard that Google do not like sub-domains consisting of more that 3 words. I do not know is it true or not.

dottel.net12-03-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 11749)
    Mark

[size]
    Not true, it takes one line in a htaccess file or through cpanel to allow you to have any number of subdomains. And if you have a script to generate the content then absolutely no extra work at all. For non developers or tech savvy folks, tel does indeed make it easier but for developers its easier to do this on other extensions.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-04-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 11756)
    Not true, it takes one line in a htaccess file or through cpanel to allow you to have any number of subdomains. And if you have a script to generate the content then absolutely no extra work at all. For non developers or tech savvy folks, tel does indeed make it easier but for developers its easier to do this on other extensions.

[size]
    Was referring to the average Joe small business owner.
    Mark[/size]

Cees12-04-2010 09:23 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the superb advice, I did have other things planned today (Sunday) but you've given me other things to think about now.
    RE my original question. 
    I didn't get advice from an SEO professional, (I decided to get it here):) I understand the reasoning behind most of what is written in the replies here and realise figures given would be rubbery in the extreme, however I was attempting to establish some Dollar figure I could charge for advertising space on one of my sites, (static?is that the correct term) I don't want to give it away to cheaply but at the same time I don't want to scare them off either.The Company concerned appears on page one but is sponsored, they are in a niche market but a very profitable one. 
    Once again I thank everyone for their excellent contribution.

dottel12-06-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 11764)
    Wow! Thanks for all the superb advice, I did have other things planned today (Sunday) but you've given me other things to think about now.
    RE my original question. 
    I didn't get advice from an SEO professional, (I decided to get it here):) I understand the reasoning behind most of what is written in the replies here and realise figures given would be rubbery in the extreme, however I was attempting to establish some Dollar figure I could charge for advertising space on one of my sites, (static?is that the correct term) I don't want to give it away to cheaply but at the same time I don't want to scare them off either.The Company concerned appears on page one but is sponsored, they are in a niche market but a very profitable one. 
    Once again I thank everyone for their excellent contribution.

[size]
    If you are looking to sell ad space on your website/page and you are uncertain of the pricing, then the best bet would be to signup in networks like this http://buysellads.com/sell (follow the instructions on setup).

Such networks will give you an idea on "how much to charge"..
    When you are enough experienced, you can decide a price that you think competitive.

If you do not want to use such networks but want to gain some idea on how much others charging, then you can utilise this search tool http://buysellads.com/buy[/size]

Cees12-06-2010 11:26 AM

Thanks dottel,
    I'll check those sites, I actually settled on a price this afternoon, I should know in the next 24hrs if they find the price acceptable.

dottel12-06-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 11784)
    Thanks dottel,
    I'll check those sites, I actually settled on a price this afternoon, I should know in the next 24hrs if they find the price acceptable.

[size]
    You're welcome and good luck[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:44 am