The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tablets: Ultimate Buying Machines

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tablets: Ultimate Buying Machines Empty Tablets: Ultimate Buying Machines

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:09 pm

Cees09-28-2011 11:56 PM

Tablets: Ultimate Buying Machines

Here's some interesting numbers concerning tablets,
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...983657300.html
    Hope your listening Mike

boracay.tel09-29-2011 04:21 AM

The astonishing numbers are the direct sales of the iPad itself. 
    100million, that's 100, 000, 000 iPads alone to be sold in the next year. That's per year. 100 million.

Oh, and then there's the iPhone and iPods. 100-200million more sales of those too NEXT YEAR ALONE!!! And every year after

Yep. Shut up boracay.
    Well I'm just sayn.
    Mobile telpages.

TELcp09-29-2011 05:57 AM

In our opinion the iPad or any other Tablet is the best device to promote and market the .tel if you wish to use TELcp Version3.0.

The tablet is the ideal way to demonstrate the power of .tel to anyone on person to person basis. It's easy to carry and easy to demonstrate the functionality.

One must always remember that the .tel is meant for the mobile devices NOT for the desktop.

Hoping the .tel will also catch up as fast as the tablet itself.

Cheers!

boracay.tel09-29-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17785)
    I would like to know:

What are the advantages of .tel domains on tablets compared to .tel domains on desktops (if there are any at all)?

As example: What I can do with a .tel on a tablet what I cannot do with a .tel on a desktop?

[size]
    :
    I use the iPad very effectively, but its not really typical. However to answer your question...

1. I use the iPad to show off the desktop rendered proxy (i say to friends and clients, this is what it looks like on PC's and desktops) ...they touch it, play with it, do search within the .tel etc. ha!...hang on jens there's more...

2. I use the iPad to show off my iphone4 .tel app (magnified x2) and is just brilliant! it really is a magical device in the hands. touching vs clicking a mouse

3. I have already started my iPadapp.tel native app. well, thats a use of .tel on a tablet isn't it?[/size]

TELcp09-29-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17785)
    I would like to know:

What are the advantages of .tel domains on tablets compared to .tel domains on desktops (if there are any at all)?

As example: What I can do with a .tel on a tablet what I cannot do with a .tel on a desktop?

[size]
    boracay.tel's has answered already.
    Those are the common advantages.

Personally, I feel that the tel would have been better off without the desktop proxy.
    The tel is meant for communication not for graphics.

Cheers![/size]

TELcp09-29-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17796)
    That is very controversial!

Soon .tel domain owners will be able to refer pictures within the control panel (as it is possible with TELcp already today).
    It would be a big loss if these pictures would be unseen on tablets (by following your suggestion).

[size]
    No. No. Don't get me wrong.
    What I said was the general approach for mobile communication.
    I am not suggesting anything to anyone.
    As far as the mobile communication is concerned, a simple unique lightweight icon to identify the type of the destination is more than enough.

We develop TELcp not only for our own use, but for others as well. Therefore, we go by the demand of the majority.

Cheers![/size]

boracay.tel09-29-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17796)
    Soon .tel domain owners will be able to refer pictures within the control panel (as it is possible with TELcp already today).

[size]
    and very soon... iphone5 will have a fantastic high-resolution larger screen.

i have a huge suggestion and possible re-thinking for you telcp, 
    DEFINATELY need to show the graphics of the image ads inline.
    this is whats coming (the masses)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=TU7iCNIumpc[/size]

TELcp09-29-2011 02:30 PM

WHat the .tel is supposed to be

Respect all your suggestions.
    Will develop TELcp according to feedback and the requests made by the masses.
    TELcp has options. The "user access level" provided in the .tel Owner section is one such option. If you do not want images in your .tel domain, then the tel owner can select the "access level" accordingly. Then the .tel Users can not upload any images. So, his/her tel domain can load faster (a true tel domain for faster mobile communication).

We need mobile phones with very high res. Yes.

But any product meant for communication has to be delivered as fast as you can to the end user. Cached information in communication is unacceptable. Communication information has to be fresh, always with updated content if any.The traditional web technology can not provide this service compared to .tel technology.That is why .tel is unique. And that is the very reason I believe in the .tel for mobile communication. The mobility of the device through which this information is accessed is very important. That is the reason handheld devices such as smart phones and tablets can play a major role in promoting and marketing the .tel

The success of the .tel depends on how fast it can deliver the product to the end user (wherever he/she is) for communication. And how fast the information at the source of origin can be changed by it's provider (owner of the contact details).

Fortunately, the original designers of the .tel technology has taken everything into consideration and provided options (to avoid images for fast loading - and with images for those who don't bother about the speed for communication). If it wasn't, then I would have never got myself involved in the .tel.

What I see and read in this forum is that many have not yet got the idea of "what is .tel is for'. Some of the people expected (or some still expect) something what .tel can not (or should not) deliver by it's technology, and started comparing it to other TLDs. And most of them have already left. If you read old posts in this forum you would see people comparing .tel with .mobi etc.This is one of the reasons for registry's stagnant position having less than 300,000 regs (only 298,216 regs as of 29-Sep-2011). That is why I said earlier that the .tel would have been better off without the desktop proxy.

.tel Domain owners (present and future) should have a clear idea of what is .tel for. Then the people who want it will take it as it is and stay with it. If they don't then they ask for more and start comparing with other TLDs. When they don't get what they ask, then they leave. This is the reason why people drop their names everyday.

So it is important, while promoting or marketing, the .tel to the end user, to show the clear picture of "what the.tel" is supposed to be.

Cheers!

TELcp10-01-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17810)
    I’m very curious to see where .tel stands in 10 years.

[size]
    I'm very curios to see how tel (with it's present limitations) will compete with other technologies in three years![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 9:24 am