The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google changes its search algorithm rules.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google changes its search algorithm rules. Empty Google changes its search algorithm rules.

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:27 pm

Cees11-06-2011 11:24 AM

Google changes its search algorithm rules.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...nt-search.html

dutchstreetdog11-06-2011 12:41 PM

At this moment i onley see one line from my domain indexed, for some of my domains!
    This is new also

I always woundered why Google Somtimes index my domain as http://mydomain.blablabla
    That looks realy ugley!
    Google even those this whyle there is text in the header and free text
    Mabey thats now soleved with this new indexation

maximka11-06-2011 03:36 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

mikeseaton11-06-2011 04:29 PM

RSS Feeds needed to automatically refresh .tel content

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 18920)
    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...nt-search.html

[size]
    This is good news for .com (etc.) sites that automatically incorporate the latest data using RSS Feeds - I use these extensively on my .com sites which keeps both users and search engines returning regularly to read the constantly updated content.

This is bad news for .tel sites that don't have a mechanism for automatically refreshing content with the latest data using RSS Feeds.

I, along with several others, have requested the ability to incorporate RSS Feeds (using the CTH Control Panel to input details) within the body of a .tel site. The important thing to remember is that with a RSS Feed the physical content is read and indexed by the search engines, whereas with something like a Google AdSense advert this doesn't happen, all the search engine sees is a javascript call reference which of course is always the same.

So how about it Telnic, could we have the faciltiy to specify a RSS Feed within the body of our .tels please - or should we just accept that a .tel is a single point of contact card and nothing else - my fear is if that is all .tel is going to be there are an awful lot of competitiors offering free solutions, including Google !

So what is .tel - is it the only web site presence a small business will ever need (with facilities to display constantly changing content through RSS Feeds) - or is it just the original concept of a single point of contact ?

We need to get our pitch right to sell to the millions of "Joe Public" out there !

Mike Seaton[/size]

dutchstreetdog11-06-2011 04:42 PM

Well i always use Telmaster his feeds machine with a sociale firehorse Yahoo pipe
    The latest news the first on my DotTel from about 10 difrent sociale media sources
    Even queiker then Google news 
    It renews 4 times a day!
    So i dont see bad news for Tel

mikeseaton11-06-2011 04:48 PM

Dutch, unfortunately many .tel users don't look beyond the CTH Control Panel that Telnic provides.

They expect a "one-stop" solution to updating their .tel domains and they expect all the facilities they require to be provided in the CTH Control Panel !

Mike Seaton

dutchstreetdog11-06-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 18927)
    Dutch, unfortunately many .tel users don't look beyond the CTH Control Panel that Telnic provides.

They expect a "one-stop" solution to updating their .tel domains and they expect all the facilities they require to be provided in the CTH Control Panel !

Mike Seaton

[size]
    For this matter i agree 100% with you !
    Telnic should provide this tools !
    Especialy when 3th party tools dont work properly and you get now respons to your complains![/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-06-2011 08:17 PM

Mike, does a live RSS feed require CPU resources from the Telnic server or is it all dependent on the client browser?
    Mark

mikeseaton11-06-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 18929)
    Mike, does a live RSS feed require CPU resources from the Telnic server or is it all dependent on the client browser?
    Mark

[size]
    The way I do it on my own sites uses server-side coding. But the actual generating of the RSS content is done by the third-party software server (I use http://www.rss-info.com) which I then incorporate into my server-side page before transmitting it to the client.

So yes there would be some overhead at Telnic's server to incorporate it into the .tel page, but the main donkey work of getting the RSS Feed data assembled can be done on the server of the third-party software such as http://www.rss-info.com

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 1:05 pm