The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel Empty TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:33 pm

dottel.net04-13-2011 09:41 AM

tel bill pay...

interesting news regarding the telchina and telchinamobile bill pay collaboration...

looks like focus will be towards the china market first... interesting times ahead....

http://www.itnews.it/news/2011/04131...-with-tel.html
    wibblenut04-13-2011 05:43 PM

China Mobile had 584 million subscribers at the end of last year. It's the world's biggest telco, as well as one of the biggest companies.
    aliencafe04-13-2011 07:23 PM

This looks like one of the biggest stories I've seen yet for dottel. Excellent job Telnic and Telchina.

This looks like one of those stories that will keep growing and moving into other realms as well.
    telrific04-13-2011 07:28 PM

Great to see .TEL being used with other great tools and partners.

Tired of the "Fads" that only have "Kindergarten" merit out there "Winning".

Great job !

:cool:
    wibblenut04-13-2011 07:48 PM

Yup, building a payments service on top of .tel is a great application, and creates even more value. Half a billion people in a captive market like that blows my mind. This is why I bought Pay.tel
    aliencafe04-13-2011 08:23 PM

Pay.tel just increased in value tremendously. I don't remember who bought the Chinese IDN's "gold.tel" and "Creditcard.tel" for $25.00 but that was a screaming deal!!!

cheers!
    dutchstreetdog04-13-2011 09:09 PM

Nice Telnic !
    Good direction!
    You dont make jokes! Big Big marketing!
    Lets Load our Chinees brothers And sisters aboard!
    USA wil follow quik!
    And then my ticket to freedom whit those beauties of domains i have, Cashing 20 K a weak
    dottel.net04-13-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 14118)
    Nice Telnic !
    Good direction!
    You dont make jokes! Big Big marketing!
    Lets Load our Chinees brothers And sisters aboard!
    USA wil follow quik!
    And then my ticket to freedom whit those beauties of domains i have, Cashing 20 K a weak

[size]

living the dream :)[/size]
    dotteler04-14-2011 04:05 AM

Shouldn't matter which individual name you have. Whole point of tel is for individuals, or companies, to get their name.
    All .tel owners will benefit from this move into 'real use' of .tel.
    tony mayo04-14-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotteler (Post 14131)
    All .tel owners will benefit from this move into 'real use' of .tel.

[size]

dottler you have hit the nail on the head.

The' real use' of .tel is the exciting part alright. 

In the coming age of 'my data' - and controlling and accessing it - .tel will be the king.[/size]
    nadya04-14-2011 09:36 AM

Thanks for your support. I've merged two related threads for convenience.
    mikeseaton04-14-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 14116)
    Pay.tel just increased in value tremendously.

[size]

Great news about mobile payments using .tel - MobilePay would be a good name to own but checking out availability I see it was snapped it up yesterday - well done Mark, that was a smart move!

Mike Seaton[/size]
    Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-14-2011 02:37 PM

Couldn't resist. 
    Mark
    stel04-15-2011 04:22 AM

Pay.tel is clearly one of the most valuable .tel domains.... Mobilepay.tel sounds great too!
    Live11-25-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 14114)
    This is why I bought Pay.tel

[size]

What a pitty you sold it last year for only 5.000 USD: Sedo
    You should have sold it for 500.000 USD when TelChina was planning a payment system with .tel! But now it is too late, because all development has stopped!
    BTW after your sale why are you still mentioned as the registrant in the WhoIs?[/size]
    wibblenut11-25-2011 06:29 PM

@Live That sale fell through. FWIW I don't believe development has stopped.
    aliencafe11-25-2011 08:38 PM

I noticed over 900 Chinese IDN dottels registered in the last 2 days.
    Live11-25-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19192)
    FWIW I don't believe development has stopped.

[size]

I truly doubt that! Why they should announce something in April - and then we never hear about it again?[/size]
    wibblenut11-26-2011 12:09 AM

@Live I imagine because dealing with such a large (state owned) company there is a bureaucracy to get through.
    Live11-26-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 19197)
    I noticed over 900 Chinese IDN dottels registered in the last 2 days.

[size]

It's always nice to see a few people registering .tel domains; but honestly if registration numbers don't reach a serious level (let's say at least 1 million .tel domains) it really doesn't matter how many registrations we see on daily base! If 10, 100 or 1.000 domains are registered on one single day, it makes absolutely no difference as long we stick to the current level overall (with far less than half a million registrations)! BTW what is the benefit of 900 new domains when several thousands will be dropped in upcoming spring on daily base?[/size]

Last edited by Telnic on 2014-12-30, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel Empty Re: TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:33 pm

Live11-26-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19202)
    @Live I imagine because dealing with such a large (state owned) company there is a bureaucracy to get through.

[size]
    Hm ..., do you remember the announcement about the cooperation with MySpace? Have we ever have heard about it again? Are they still working on this, too? Of course not! The intended partners just lost their interest! When there is a press release and we don't hear anything about the realization within 6 months, then priorities have just changed![/size]

dutchstreetdog11-26-2011 12:37 AM

Well i think one of use tel owners have the key to sucses
    There must onley break one tel domain true the barrier and its of !
    So i would say do like mi and work on your domains 24/7 like a wild men !
    Make "Joe with the banjo" awere of the possebilleties and efficency of the incredeble DotTel
    And i hope that i am the one that Will bey rememberd as the one forcing this breaktrue !
    And my wallet and ego are hopping with my !

mikeseaton11-26-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 14108)

China Mobile had 584 million subscribers at the end of last year. It's the world's biggest telco, as well as one of the biggest companies.

[size]
    So just 1% penetration of this would give .tel a further 5.84 million .tel registrations !

I assume the TelChina .tel registrations, given that they run their own nameservers, are not included in the approx 300K figure recorded at http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2011.php.

Does anyone know what the current TelChina total .tel registration figure is ?

Mike Seaton[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 19205)
    Well i think one of use tel owners have the key to sucses
    There must onley break one tel domain true the barrier and its of !
    So i would say do like mi and work on your domains 24/7 like a wild men !
    Make "Joe with the banjo" awere of the possebilleties and efficency of the incredeble DotTel
    And i hope that i am the one that Will bey rememberd as the one forcing this breaktrue !
    And my wallet and ego are hopping with my !

[size]
    I thought I'd just take a moment to correct your broken English - I hope you won't be offended, as I mean to try and help you improve your spelling and grammar. I'm sure your spoken English sounds much better, as your vocabulary isn't too bad

"Well, I think one of us .tel owners has the key to success, and once they break down the barrier then it's off. So I would say to do like me and work on your domains 24/7 like a wild man! Make "Joe Bloggs" aware of the possibilities and efficiency of the incredible DotTel. I hope that I will be the one remembered for forcing this breakthrough, as do my wallet and ego."

But think about the first sentence - it contains a mixed metaphor, i.e. with "the keys to success" one needn't "break down the barrier".

Also, we'd say "Joe Bloggs" (or Fred Bloggs), but I don't know whether either of them play the banjo :-D[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 01:15 AM

@MikeSeaton - I love their website because it contains extremely detailed information, including their subscriber count which is updated daily (638.9m as of today).

dutchstreetdog11-26-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19207)
    I thought I'd just take a moment to correct your broken English - I hope you won't be offended, as I mean to try and help you improve your spelling and grammar. I'm sure your spoken English sounds much better, as your vocabulary isn't too bad

"Well, I think one of us .tel owners has the key to success, and once they break down the barrier then it's off. So I would say to do like me and work on your domains 24/7 like a wild man! Make "Joe Bloggs" aware of the possibilities and efficiency of the incredible DotTel. I hope that I will be the one remembered for forcing this breakthrough, as do my wallet and ego."

But think about the first sentence - it contains a mixed metaphor, i.e. with "the keys to success" one needn't "break down the barrier".

Also, we'd say "Joe Bloggs" (or Fred Bloggs), but I don't know whether either of them play the banjo :-D

[size]
    Hahaha thank you wibblenut
    As soon as i saw your picture i new you are a sweet boy !
    I barly cant write my one languech so i am happy i can put a few words here on the forum
    And my spoken inglisch sounds a bit as mikey from the movie with Brad Pitt hahahahah
    Thx ![/size]

can11-26-2011 01:58 AM

特别提醒:中文.tel国际顶级域名在国内由环球互易集团独家代理,1000/年,10年一注,由于目前抢注激烈,请务必小心其他公司冒牌服务,谨防上当受骗!官方注册服务

can11-26-2011 02:05 AM

China Crazy. Recently they increase the price to $165/year,must register at least 10 years/per domain.
    So what happen do you know? A lot of companies rush to compete the Chinese IDN .tel. The tel agencies are very busy now.

Simon G11-26-2011 04:10 PM

Can, 
    Is this for .tel or .cn? 
    If .tel does it provide additional services ontop of regular registrars? Are you saying .tel is getting very popular in china?

dottel.net11-26-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19206)
    Does anyone know what the current TelChina total .tel registration figure is ?

[size]
    as of yesterday its... 91,243 
    note the total IDN reg count is 98,963

daily stats as always here: DotTel.net[/size]

can11-26-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 19215)
    Can, 
    Is this for .tel or .cn? 
    If .tel does it provide additional services ontop of regular registrars? Are you saying .tel is getting very popular in china?

[size]
    Telchina provide different CP and template.
    Recently a little bit popular in China companies.
    I know some companies would like to pay ten thousands US dollars to buy a favorite word.
    I will observe and survey more. It is possible just temporary for several weeks.They just promote rencently and one to one sales events.[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 05:07 PM

@can - Are you from China? I checked Trename and noticed the annual registration fee was 2000 yuan ($314) but I don't think there's a minimum term of 10 years. When did the price change?

can11-26-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19218)
    @can - Are you from China? I checked Trename and noticed the annual registration fee was 2000 yuan ($314) but I don't think there's a minimum term of 10 years. When did the price change?

[size]
    Depends on different register company.Yes,Some companies would like to pay $314/year to get a "better word and service".China now the most normally price is $165/year plus 10 years term within telchina"s agencies.[/size]

maximka11-26-2011 05:18 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

can11-26-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19221)
    can, by your opinion, these companies would like to prefer IDN words or Chinese words written in Pinyin?

[size]
    I am confuse about this.
    For .com,surely pinyin much more hot than IDN.
    But now to .tel, some companies would like IDN. So I know some agencies provide a free pinyin .tel to company that register IDN for $160/year.[/size]

maximka11-26-2011 05:27 PM

maximka11-26-2011 05:36 PM

wibblenut11-26-2011 05:36 PM

@can - How much do Chinese registrars typically charge for .cn registrations now? And how much would you pay for a basic web hosting service? I'd just like to see how that compares to the new .tel pricing.

can11-26-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19226)
    @can - How much do Chinese registrars typically charge for .cn registrations now? And how much would you pay for a basic web hosting service? I'd just like to see how that compares to the new .tel pricing.

[size]
    .cn has very stricly rules controlled by government. the price now is $7-$20/year.
    The web hosting is totally managed by government. such as vps,512M ram,30G,free OS,15$/month. Virtual, 200M web,50M mySQL,$12/year.[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 05:58 PM

@can - Web hosting providers don't operate their own facilities and equipment? Really?
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel Empty Re: TelChina and China Mobile to Build Mobile Payment Solution With .tel

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:34 pm

can11-26-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19228)
    @can - Web hosting providers don't operate their own facilities and equipment? Really?

[size]
    Government will censor the contents of web. if any harmful information ,shut down the hosting immediately. Taking back your domain may be happen.

And before you can host your website, a lof of things must do include provide your ID and real photo.[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 06:04 PM

@can - I was just curious about how the web hosting industry worked though. Does the government physically operate the equipment on behalf of web hosting providers?

can11-26-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19230)
    @can - I was just curious about how the web hosting industry worked though. Does the government physically operate the equipment on behalf of web hosting providers?

[size]
    No. Just censor then punish.

That is why tel can have a chance of popular in China. The company must do a lot of things before host their website, too much obstacles and responsibilty. That is also why telchina must have their own DNS system.[/size]

wibblenut11-26-2011 06:13 PM

@can - Okay, I understand. Thanks for clarifying. So if you wish to register a .tel domain do you have to provide a photo ID? What does the registrar do with it? Just keep a copy on file, or do they send it to a government agency before registering your name?

can11-26-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wibblenut (Post 19232)
    @can - Okay, I understand. Thanks for clarifying. So if you wish to register a .tel domain do you have to provide a photo ID? What does the registrar do with it? Just keep a copy on file, or do they send it to a government agency before registering your name?

[size]
    Telchina has to do this. They must help to process this in the future if tel can survive by law.
    I am not sure what telchina do this now. They must keep every registrar's ID information.
    You can register without this like com and others not register in China. But once government find something they do not like ,they will block all your sites.[/size]

maximka11-26-2011 06:39 PM

can11-26-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19235)
    can, in the case when China-based company want to not to register new TEL-domain, but to buy the existing TEL-domain from somebody (from foreigner), do they need to provide their ID to Chinese authorities at once after this purchase was made or before it was made?

[size]
    only all .cn that only can be registered by company must provide ID, other domains you don't need to provide ID. Host website is different case from domain and need everything I write.
    But tel is complex including domain and website. I am not sure how telchina treat with this.

You can transfer your domain at current register company no matther if he is Chinese. But he can not use China tel DNS system include CP and templates.[/size]

maximka11-26-2011 06:51 PM

maximka11-26-2011 08:33 PM

mikeseaton11-26-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 19243)
    It just came to my mind - what will be if Telnic will rise the reg fee in the same way as Telchina did it now? Could it be so?

[size]
    Highly unlikely to happen, when many .tel investors are already letting the majority of their holdings drop when renewal time comes up !

When a product faces problems, as .tel currently does, putting the price up could kill it off completely !

Mike Seaton[/size]

maximka11-26-2011 09:23 PM

tindaya11-26-2011 09:34 PM

So my domain http://旅游.tel is block in China? becasuse I´m from Spain.
    The people of china cann´t see this domain,or http://游戏.tel ????

maximka11-27-2011 11:43 AM

maximka11-27-2011 11:59 AM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 10:20 am