The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Great to see Telnic chasing business!!!!!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Great to see Telnic chasing business!!!!! Empty Great to see Telnic chasing business!!!!!

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 5:47 pm

Cees01-11-2012 07:30 AM

Great to see Telnic chasing business!!!!!

Here's Henry selling .tel.

Hello Stephen,
Did you look at the .tel TLD. It is radically different from the other TLDs and its main purpose is to directly expose structured data at the DNS level, utilizing the DNS zone as a data store.
Our goal (I am the CTO of Telnic Ltd., the registry for .tel) wa specifically to publish at the root all possible communications channels for an entity inside its .tel DNS zone.
Today a .tel domain can store any number of key/value pairs for communication channels, textual descriptive info and geolocation.
Discoverability is the key concept, and I wrote an article about this at: http://www.telnic.org/blog/2010/11/0...ability-first/

Henri Asseily
    January 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm

See the full story here:
    http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/...ternet-domain/

mikeseaton01-11-2012 01:20 PM

Henri makes a valid point re .tel being used as a universally-accessed data repository, but my biggest fear which I have expressed before is that .tel will be overtaken by events.

Looking at the article Cees quoted (http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/...ternet-domain/) it appears this may be happening - the author Stephen Wolfram has created WolframAlpha which is already being used by Apple's Siri for shopping - see Apple’s Siri Can Now Be Used To Shop Via Wolfram Alpha

When Apple's Siri first came out I suggested that Telnic's key staff should get on a jet to Apple's HQ at Cupertino and sew up a deal to get .tel used by Siri. Didn't happen of course, and lack of "critical mass" wouldn't have made it easy to make a convincing case, but it does look like others will now be getting where .tel should have already been.

Can Telnic pull the situation back re .tel and convince the world that they already offer an established data repository (.tel Phase 2) ready to go now ?

I don't know - but mass market knowledge and acceptance by "Joe Public" for the current use (.tel Phase 1) would provide a good starting point !

Mike Seaton

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-11-2012 03:09 PM

I read the blog comments. Having a .data domain isn't the answer. More so neither is .tel alone. One could use a subdomain to provide a link to a data cloud service. However, best if Henri approached them and others like Apple directly instead of leaving a buried comment.
    Mark

mikeseaton01-11-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19944)
    ...best if Henri approached them and others like Apple directly instead of leaving a buried comment.

[size]
    As mentioned that was my suggestion when Siri first came out - nothing happened - I wonder what it would take for Telnic to convince Apple that .tel was worth a pitch at a meeting in Cupertino.

Maybe a complimentary set up by Telnic of http://Apple.tel showing the contact data for all their office and retail locations would get their interest ?

One thing is for certain - if Telnic don't get .tel's data repository facility used as a standard someone else will come up with a viable alternative - as we all know it's not always the best product technically that succeeds in dominating a marketplace !

Mike Seaton[/size]

boracay.tel01-12-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 19945)
    As mentioned that was my suggestion when Siri first came out - nothing happened -

[size]
    Henri has said he'll take a look when api's are ready. I'm thankful that he's still around, I'm watching that closely. Henri knows his stuff and .tel is surely sort after tech by a bigger fish, don't forget the shopzilla deal Henri orchestrated. Some hard cold cash as I recall. Henri stays interested in .tel, then we are probably sitting pretty...

The wolfram article comments are very enlightening though, so many angles on this being presented. .tel seems to do the trick already not? Why are they not recognizing its tech and potential? Scratch heads. Huh

Good luck telnic for 2012.
    Possibly give us a few words of encouragement.
    Ps, mark, please hang in there. Your tools are vital to a lot of us.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-12-2012 05:15 AM

@boracay Boyet of course I'm hanging in there, but no reason not to stir up some action and commentary. Would love to hear from the boys too, but they don't often say much.
    Mark

Cees01-12-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 19944)
    I read the blog comments. Having a .data domain isn't the answer. More so neither is .tel alone. One could use a subdomain to provide a link to a data cloud service. However, best if Henri approached them and others like Apple directly instead of leaving a buried comment.
    Mark

[size]
    Mark,
    The blog comments do make interesting reading, but as you point out, Henri's comments are unfortunately buried and didn't exactly turn the other commentators on either, however any exposure is good.

BTW almost 4000 registrations today[/size]

paulza01-12-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

BTW almost 4000 registrations today

[size]
    If you are talking about today`s registered numbers from dottel.net it looks like a mistake. Most of them have been registered in the previous year.[/size]

mikeseaton01-12-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 19946)
    Henri has said he'll take a look when api's are ready....

[size]
    I was rather hoping that Telnic could have been in talks with Apple about Siri integration without waiting for the official release of the API that will become available to all and sundry.

This pro-active approach to Siri development seems to have worked wonders for Stephen Wolfram with his WolframAlpha - leading to press articles such as Apple’s Siri Can Now Be Used To Shop Via Wolfram Alpha

Apple are now very much aware of WolframAlpha - if only the same could be said of .tel !

This data repository push by Stephen Wolfram - details at http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/...ternet-domain/ - does seem like a unique opportunity to push .tel's already existing infrastructure - I wonder if Kash is picking up the phone and giving Stephen Wolfram & Apple's new CEO a call to introduce .tel to both of them ?

Could be the most important phone calls made from Telnic for some time !

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 12:18 am