The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

How to take payments online... ?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

How to take payments online... ? Empty How to take payments online... ?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:16 pm

Geo04-21-2012 07:32 AM

How to take payments online... ?

I would like to draw upon the expertise and experience of those here who have gone before me. I would like to use some of my Tels as directories and charge clients to include their listings and/or ads. 

I don't have sufficient web programming skills or experience at this point to do anything fancy, so what I'm looking for is simply turnkey type solutions that will work for a Canadian business, but be able to take payments from US, Canada, and perhaps England, Germany, and some other English speaking nations. 

What I'm planning to do is set up a .ca or .com website to handle things, such as customer accounts, with forms to enter whatever options and information they would like to enter into a .Tel... then they pay and the form data is emailed to me for approval. If I approve the data then I submit the changes to the .Tel in question, and fire a note back to the client informing them or requesting clarification or changes.

Should I be looking at ...

- using opensource storefront package or something like Yahoo store or Amazon store?
    - using Paypal, Google checkout, or something else?
    - Wordpress with plugins such as a shopping cart?
    - Other?

I heard that with opensource solutions out there it isn't that difficult in terms of HTML and general web setup. My main concern would be cost, security, maintenance, service fees, and of course initial cost and learning curve involved in setup. 

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

TELcp04-21-2012 08:07 AM

You can use WHMCS with customization for a fully automated service to meet your requirements.
    But it is not free.

Cheers!

boracay.tel04-21-2012 09:02 AM

Payment gateway/shopping cart

I am considering using "americart.com" (not taking monies just yet on boracay.tel) mainly due to the fact that they were pioneers in 1998 as I recall, and i did use them back then with great success. Ecommerce was very new at the time. They had an easy system even back then. 
    So worth a look!!! 

Not a payment gateway but...
    Also consider a "go.mobi" add-on for both yourself (as directory owner) and another for your client listings. The feedback forms are plentiful, customiseable, there's a bunch of other goodies for you to may make use of, it can be had for as little as $2.50 per month per domain. 

Mobile is its forte
    Try this on your iPhone or mobile device...

accommodation.boracay.mobi
    (this provides a graphical front-end directly interfacing to the underlying accommodation section of the boracay.tel directory)

And this...
    contact.boracay.mobi
    (this provides for simple forms response ie various feedback of data to include into our directory)

Geo04-22-2012 08:12 AM

Thanks for the tips guys... 

Will look into them.

There seems to be a staggering array of options out there, in terms of opensource shopping carts. Any of these stand out to you?

Geo04-22-2012 08:22 AM

It would seem that with what I want to do I would need to have:

1) Very SEO favorable main site.

2) Very secure site right out of the box.

3) Relatively easy facility to integrate Tel info into customer accounts, hopefully with some self-administrative features so I don't have to manually update client contact info, but they could do it themselves.

I like the idea of employing a website builder, especially a mobile-friendly site builder such as go-mobi, but these tend to be fairly limiting I imagine when it comes to integrating client-driven database-based sites, and besides that they charge an ongoing fee.

teltheworld04-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 22491)
    Payment gateway/shopping cart

I am considering using "americart.com" (not taking monies just yet on boracay.tel) mainly due to the fact that they were pioneers in 1998 as I recall, and i did use them back then with great success. Ecommerce was very new at the time. They had an easy system even back then. 
    So worth a look!!! 

Not a payment gateway but...
    Also consider a "go.mobi" add-on for both yourself (as directory owner) and another for your client listings. The feedback forms are plentiful, customiseable, there's a bunch of other goodies for you to may make use of, it can be had for as little as $2.50 per month per domain. 

Mobile is its forte
    Try this on your iPhone or mobile device...

accommodation.boracay.mobi
    (this provides a graphical front-end directly interfacing to the underlying accommodation section of the boracay.tel directory)

And this...
    contact.boracay.mobi
    (this provides for simple forms response ie various feedback of data to include into our directory)

[size]
    Hi boracay

Very nice site, I could do with a mobi, which registrar did you sign up with as the prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 1:51 pm