The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

iZettle

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

iZettle              Empty iZettle

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:47 pm

dialaroom11-22-2012 07:07 PM

iZettle

Always on the lookout for good mobile payment methods, anyone used or signed up for this one?
    http://www.huddlebuy.co.uk/c/izettle/3D1W0G008

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-22-2012 09:18 PM

iZettle is a good solution for SMB, competing with Square and PayPal Mobile card reader devices for Android and iPhone and tablets.
    Mark

dialaroom11-22-2012 10:05 PM

izettle seems to be best for European payments as it uses a chip reader,whereas Square uses a strip reader,more common in the USA. Anyway, might give it a try, will let you know how it is. Getting quite a few organic subscriptions for taxinumbers.tel.Trying the same format with localtrades.tel, so need a mobile payment solution other than paypal.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-22-2012 10:39 PM

@dialaroom, does that mean you are going door-to-door selling subscriptions?
    Mark

dutchstreetdog11-22-2012 11:02 PM

Hahahaha that would bey somthing

dutchstreetdog11-22-2012 11:34 PM

Look my first hotel booking true Scheveningen !
    Its not much but it shows, its not imposseble
    [url=https://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/sexshopdenhaag/slide blog/2129066F-EB1C-4CE0-A250-8E18F4BD0FF4-5578-00000548B9704FC0.jpg]https://2img.net/h/i773.photobucket.com/albums/y...48B9704FC0.jpg[/url]

dialaroom11-23-2012 09:11 AM

@Mark - No but I do come into regular contact daily with Taxi drivers and Local Tradesmen and Business in my local villages and Towns and elsewhere as I travel around the UK. iZettle might just prove to be more of a gimmick than a real solution though as at the moment you have to have customer presence. Other full on professional Card solutions are still a little too pricey for the level of income from my .tels. PayPal just seems a little shall we say amateur, especially as it's not possible to host script on.tel.

@dutch - nice feeling when that first cheque arrives, must be lucky as I get cheques most months from dialaroom.tel Hotel affiliate scheme. Got a couple of click to call ads running, but no revenue yet from them.

dutchstreetdog11-23-2012 05:48 PM

Oké ! Well i still hope that one day our trust in DotTel Will bey rewarded !

aliencafe11-26-2012 06:43 PM

@Mark/@Dutch/@Dial

I've got Waikiki.tel at the very top of search for "Waikiki Taxi "and "Waikiki Directory" on google.. The taxi phone numbers are receiving over 100 calls per month...

My issue is how to monetize this? I'm making zero dollars..

Blunderer11-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 26079)
    @Mark/@Dutch/@Dial

I've got Waikiki.tel at the very top of search for "Waikiki Taxi "and "Waikiki Directory" on google.. The taxi phone numbers are receiving over 100 calls per month...

[size]
    If the figures are verifiable then, quoting the 100 calls a month (and rising?), offer an exclusive deal for a fixed period to a different company, and if they accept, delete the freebees. Check they have the capacity to respond to demand, and consider how much they might make, and what they pay for existing advertising, when setting your charge......and don't order a new car just yet.[/size]

dottel.net11-26-2012 08:12 PM

sound advice from blunderer... another avenue is to contact other taxi services not listed and show them the stats and offer to place their number top or exclusively again for a fixed fee for a set period.

p.s. would also be worth sending the existing taxi providers those stats and let them know the value of the additional calls your site has brought to them

dutchstreetdog11-26-2012 08:37 PM

Niccccee aliencafe !
    You just have to bey patience i think
    One day The Will come automaticly to buy your domains!
    You see

dutchstreetdog11-26-2012 08:39 PM

And then i mean for Good money

aliencafe11-26-2012 11:42 PM

Thanks Dottel/Dutch/Blunderer:

Yes they are verifiable with google analytics, everything can be documented. 

Blunderer/Guys I don't have the time, if anyone wants to get the sign up I'll split the proceeds 50/50.

I'll post the call volume in a few minutes wt/Jpeg.

aliencafe11-27-2012 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
    waikiki.tel call reportAttachment 134

dutchstreetdog11-27-2012 01:04 AM

Wauw Great to bey first in Google with the phrase taxi waikiki !
    Your the new waikiki taxi Boss men !

supercyberheroes11-27-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

@Mark/@Dutch/@Dial

[size]
    I have an idea and a plan to make money on phone call, not one have done it before, I am sure I will be the first, I already started to build it up my site, but its not ready yet, once is ready and making money I let know everybody and then you and everyone can copy my idea, not problem, we are all here to help each other.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

aliencafe11-27-2012 03:25 AM

Thanks, look forward to it.

@Dutch yes but I am not the King of Hotels and Holland like you are!

aliencafe11-27-2012 03:27 AM

Getting off the subject a bit, I put a telnames.tel link on Cairo.tel- one for the gipper eh-

tony mayo11-27-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

@Mark/@Dutch/@Dial

[size]
    Great work aliencafe. 

You prove there is a great future for this domain. 

And just to add my little piece of positive news - one of my local directories (for Oct 27-Nov 26) shows 910 voice calls and impressive stats for other Events, too.
    Another directory with great potential is over 300 phone calls for same period and all domains are steadily increasisng in overalll traffic month on month.

How do we monetize? Not easy in this economic climate. Yes, it's little reward for much effort - but do the basics right now, like populating domains, and the rewards will follow. 

Mark and TelCp are supplying the tools and we can build the foundations for future success.[/size]
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

iZettle              Empty Re: iZettle

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:47 pm

dialaroom11-27-2012 06:08 PM

@alien -think Dutch and you have the answer, patience and the fact that you top Google SERPS for "taxi Waikiki"

Keeping it at the top, should be your priority,the rest should follow. 

Taxinumbers.tel just topped 300 calls a month to the UK Taxi companies listed (most for free), but organic subscriptions are coming in, albeit slowly (about 3 or 4 a month), I'm simply replacing the freebies with the paid listings. 

Have run a few .com and .co.uk directories in the past and from experience the best subscribers are the ones that find and choose to subscribe themselves - they are the ones that will more than likely renew each year. without renewals a directory can hardly ever give a serious R.O.I.

So my advice would be, keep the SEO going, make it as easy as possible to subscribe and automatically renew, (hence why I started this thread on payment methods) and be patient. Those first renewal payments feel great.

Good luck and great results.

supercyberheroes11-27-2012 07:48 PM

@ alicanfe, and to everyone: Mark is building a tool, it will be a form, with paypal, etc you can do subscriptions, so it will be easy to list companies and also we can sell space for ads, like dottel do, for example: it depend of the site traffic we can charge $15 per month in the front page, $10 in second page or $5 any other pages, with that form will be easier to sell those ads and build directories.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel

dialaroom11-27-2012 08:37 PM

Paypal integrated form hosted on a dottel, wow! if anyone can do it Mark can but from what I know it will be incredibly difficult, especially without changes by Telnic. Any update Mark?

dutchstreetdog11-27-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 26098)
    Thanks, look forward to it.

@Dutch yes but I am not the King of Hotels and Holland like you are!

[size]
    Haha Well i am more ore less waiting for things to happen !
    Building those few DotTel site's almost killed mi 
    and i still have a few hundred to do pffff

When the time comes i need to spend some money to let mi build a good mothersite fromwere listings and info are being shared to people and customers
    Ore i just sell them for "cheap" between $2500 And $10.000 each x 300 Mmmmmm

i am on the Same road as Tony Mayo with my Dutch Geo's domains
    (and Irland is not much diffrent then Holland i think :-) ) onley i 
    am way behind or not even started, but hopefull like always

@Tony, may i ask you How many irish Geo domains you have 
    And do you think the little villages are wourth keeping ?!

@dailaroom
    Good advice, you see it like it is !

@supercyberheroes
    Cant wait to see your idear !

@dottel
    Do you still have my domain :-)))

@Cees
    Are you still arround Dutch Brother of Mine

@mark
    A new paypal subsribsion tool, intresting ![/size]

tony mayo11-27-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 26111)
    @Tony, may i ask you How many irish Geo domains you have 
    And do you think the little villages are wourth keeping ?!

[size]
    @ dutchstreetdog 
    I have most of the big Irish cities and also counties. I plan to include smaller town directories as sub-domains of county/regional directories. 

Delighted to hear that Mark is working on PayPal integration.[/size]

dutchstreetdog11-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 26112)
    @ dutchstreetdog 
    I have most of the big Irish cities and also counties. I plan to include smaller town directories as sub-domains of county/regional directories. 

Delighted to hear that Mark is working on PayPal integration.

[size]

Okay so you dont need them, if i understand you right !
    You cover the whole of Irland with the ones you own, Nice
    And i also like your mothersite And system !
    I have some small ones, good ones but small, and dont no if i should keep them or let them go[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-27-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 26109)
    Paypal integrated form hosted on a dottel, wow! if anyone can do it Mark can but from what I know it will be incredibly difficult, especially without changes by Telnic. Any update Mark?

[size]
    Still working on the paypal interface for TELidentity.com, but it is working in their sandbox. Testing automatic subscriptions and different currencies. That code will port over to a form on Telmasters to get the secure https link. Sometime in December for TELidentity then January for a dynamic form at TELiForms.com.

Mark[/size]

tony mayo11-27-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 26113)
    Okay so you dont need them, if i understand you right !
    You cover the whole of Irland with the ones you own, Nice
    And i also like your mothersite And system !
    I have some small ones, good ones but small, and dont no if i should keep them or let them go

[size]
    That's correct - I don't need every town domain. I can get round it by having city.countyname.tel

Don't know what regional structures you have in Holland - but I'm sure something similar would work.

Keep your Geo domains as they will be very valuable in time.

In the meantime make some small directories so you can try and cover your costs with Adsense.[/size]

tony mayo11-27-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 26115)
    Still working on the paypal interface for TELidentity.com, but it is working in their sandbox. Testing automatic subscriptions and different currencies. That code will port over to a form on Telmasters to get the secure https link. Sometime in December for TELidentity then January for a dynamic form at TELiForms.com.

Mark

[size]
    Another great positive development to look forward to in 2013 thanks to Mark's work. 
    Much apprecicated as always.[/size]

dutchstreetdog11-28-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 26116)
    That's correct - I don't need every town domain. I can get round it by having city.countyname.tel

Don't know what regional structures you have in Holland - but I'm sure something similar would work.

Keep your Geo domains as they will be very valuable in time.

In the meantime make some small directories so you can try and cover your costs with Adsense.

[size]
    Yes yes thank you !
    I should do somthing with them but i am messing arround to much with 
    Facebook !
    Its taking all my time !
    I even have a podcast show there and all build arround a DotTel domain
    I have about 1300 woman following mi there ![/size]

dutchstreetdog11-28-2012 12:36 AM

Cashing time is on The way boys !
    Hang in there

supercyberheroes11-28-2012 12:58 AM

I would like to say to everyone that I have been asking to Mark few time to make a tool a form with paypal or another company similar so, will be easier for all of us to make subscriptions, sell ads, classifieds and much, much easier directories ( i do not know if it was in his map road the http://teliforms.com) but he is doing it, thank very much Mark, I am sure a lot dottel people will be happier .

Regards

dutchstreetdog11-28-2012 01:50 AM

I think the one that develop a subscription form with paying option will bey The main men !
    I dont understand why the boys dint developed such a critical thing yet
    That would bey the first to think about, i think :-)

dottel.net11-28-2012 10:45 AM

folks - not sure what you all mean by a form to collect subscriptions. if you want to charge a fixed subscription you can create a paypal button and use the url as a direct link to your paypal page via either an image ad or a record on your .tel page.

if you want a more general form, then you can't have this directly on your dottel and need to user another tld to host a form like many here already do. Here's mine that sets up a subscription via paypal http://adsonce.com

supercyberheroes11-28-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 26131)
    folks - not sure what you all mean by a form to collect subscriptions. if you want to charge a fixed subscription you can create a paypal button and use the url as a direct link to your paypal page via either an image ad or a record on your .tel page.

if you want a more general form, then you can't have this directly on your dottel and need to user another tld to host a form like many here already do. Here's mine that sets up a subscription via paypal http://adsonce.com

[size]
    Yes, dottel, I wrote before please see #22: like dottel do(does) it means you, but you have to build another site to do so, like adsonce.com, but with the form that Mark is doing we do not have to make another website that we do not know how to build, and cost us more money and time to do so, with a tool (form)that we can use on .tel site will be easier, faster and cheaper for us.

Regards

dutchstreetdog11-28-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 26131)

[size]
    Thats what i mean i need such a form for subsription 
    directley on a dottel domain, and not on a mothersite ! and with pay option !
    paying and subscribe are the most importanrt things on a dottel
    Or i ectualy need a mothersite lik tony, mark, dottel and others have ![/size]

dottel.net11-28-2012 11:52 AM

@dutch - you can't have a form on a .tel site unless telnic invest in building and providing this.

you can however have links on your .tel that when clicked will go directly to paypal to take your payments and setup the subscription.

dutchstreetdog11-28-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 26137)
    @dutch - you can't have a form on a .tel site unless telnic invest in building and providing this.

you can however have links on your .tel that when clicked will go directly to paypal to take your payments and setup the subscription.

[size]
    Yes i no but that this will bey a must is clear for mi, i think
    And look telnames provide a "complete" minisite, but when people have to buy a regular name to deal with the subsription and payment it will never bey complete !
    Thats what i mean
    i understand that it will never become a regular website but those two options are vital[/size]

dottel.net11-28-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 26135)
    Yes, dottel, I wrote before please see #22: like dottel do(does) it means you, but you have to build another site to do so, like adsonce.com, but with the form that Mark is doing we do not have to make another website that we do not know how to build, and cost us more money and time to do so, with a tool (form)that we can use on .tel site will be easier, faster and cheaper for us.

Regards

[size]
    sorry - i missed that!

if that's all you want, I can get one of my developers to easily setup anyone who wants to use my hosted http://adsonce.com.. All I need is your domain name, annual price, currency and your own paypal form id (you need to set this up at paypal in your own name/details so you can get the payment directly and has nothing to do with me). Note: when you create your own form id at paypal, be sure to use the same amount + currency you tell me otherwise you'll just confuse a potential customer.

then you just need to use the following link (obviously with your own tel domain) to show something like this:
    http://adsonce.com/to-advertise-your...dianrestaurant

http://adsonce.com/to-advertise-your-business-on-advertise.
    The payment page is customised for your TEL site and name but uses the rest of my generic sales blurb.

If someone subscribes, you will get an email directly from paypal with the values they entered on the form so you can go ahead and publish the details onto your site.[/size]

supercyberheroes11-28-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 26139)
    sorry - i missed that!

if that's all you want, I can get one of my developers to easily setup anyone who wants to use my hostedhttp://adsonce.com.. All I need is your domain name, annual price, currency and your own paypal form id (you need to set this up at paypal in your own name/details so you can get the payment directly and has nothing to do with me). Note: when you create your own form id at paypal, be sure to use the same amount + currency you tell me otherwise you'll just confuse a potential customer.

[size]
    Thank very much dottel for your offer please see this site http://teliforms.com/ let see how its going, we must use a form that works to sell ads, classifieds, directories etc we use some site for one go payment, monthly or subscriptions per year, we have to have a form to use keywords per example: for a classified site called: carforsale.tel a customer pay £2 per month for a classifed that say: I sell my ford car xxx per £2000 urgent due that I am leaving the country for good, please contact me at my phone: xxxx, or email me at: xxxx or skype me at: xxxx, the price is negociable, etc, etc

thanks agian

Regards
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 6:48 pm

dottel.net11-28-2012 12:44 PM

ah - if you already have a project engaged to meet your needs then it makes sense to continue. the project sounds very interesting and useful - look forward to see it progress. 

we were just offering a ready made form that meets a certain need for a quick and simple subscription payment collection system based on basic data required to setup a business listing in a directory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 7:30 am