The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel on TV

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel on TV           Empty .tel on TV

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 7:16 pm

Blunderer02-06-2013 09:19 PM

.tel on TV

I'm curious to know what .tel looks like, and how it performs, on internet connected TV . Has anyone tried it?

tony mayo02-07-2013 12:44 PM

@Blunderer

You get the mobile version of pro-tel. It loads very fast compared to other websites, as you'd expect.

However, web browsing on a smart tv is a form of torture - and not an issue for tel in the short term.

Blunderer02-07-2013 01:33 PM

@tony mayo,

Thank you for that insight. 

I live in a very hilly area, with poor terrestrial TV reception. The situation has worsened since the UK switched to digital transmission - every time there is heavy rain the picture breaks down ( I haven't watched a lot of telly in the past year! ). For this reason alone, I hear of many people changing to satellite or broadband TV, and they all seem to get it piped round their houses - for convenience.

Do you know if you can save a .tel site to a TV desktop/home screen, or suchlike - as you can on your mobile?

tony mayo02-07-2013 01:56 PM

@Blunderer
    Re: TV issue. I have a Foxsat HDR to receive free-to-air UK channels via satellite. I can highly recommend it.

However, you would be better checking out the latest version of this box which has catch-up TV (BBC iPlayer etc). 

No sure about saving tel site to a TV desktop - probably unlikely as it's not an App.
    Will check it out and report back.

Blunderer02-07-2013 02:29 PM

@tony mayo,

Thanks for that info. I'm just visualising TVs in every room with an icon for the local directory

boracay.tel02-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26615)
    visualising TVs in every room with an icon for the local directory

[size]
    Yep, see that a lot in the USA particularly (and in the holiday inn chain here in the Philippines)

Note to self: Need to do a deal with the local boracay cable company(s)
    ...I guess will require interactive equipped cable box that links into our .tels?
    I've played around with appleTV for years and installed a web browser (but ugly ugly solution currently)[/size]

tony mayo02-07-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 26616)
    Yep, see that a lot in the USA particularly (and in the holiday inn chain here in the Philippines)

Note to self: Need to do a deal with the local boracay cable company(s)
    ...I guess will require interactive equipped cable box that links into our .tels?
    I've played around with appleTV for years and installed a web browser (but ugly ugly solution currently)

[size]
    Great idea. It crossed my mind, too. 

It's only a matter of time before YP directories will do deals with Apple, Samsung, UPC etc to have their directory Apps added to smart TVs and cable services. 

There's got to be an opportunity in there for our local directories.[/size]

Blunderer02-07-2013 07:03 PM

@boracay, @tony mayo,

Now you've given the game away. How am I ever going to become a multi millionaire? 

I'm certainly not going to give you the details of my programmable bonded hygroprinting plan - a master-stroke of lateral thinking on my part, I believe.

Simon G02-09-2013 12:26 PM

Blunderer I have a similar problem with the tv. I get some channels all the time and the majority of channels part of the time..
    Smart tv does to have all of the channels with every live programme. My solution was to get Apple TV (a receiver for your tv which connects using a hdmi cable to the tv and the catchup tv app for my iPhone/iPad.

Allowed me to watch the Scotland England game! Pity About the score

Blunderer02-09-2013 03:24 PM

@Simon G,

"Allowed me to watch the Scotland " ...... I'm praying for rain this afternoon - I no longer have any illusions - someone ought to tell the backs that the game is different from football because you are allowed to keep the ball in your hands.

Anyway, I'm reconciled to our fate ..... it's Aled I feel sorry for ..... still has aspiration. (Justified, it seems)

Blunderer02-09-2013 05:49 PM

"someone ought to tell the backs that the game is different from football because you are allowed to keep the ball in your hands."

Well, 34-10 ! I'll take that as a clear indication of the value of this .tel forum as a medium for communication

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 1:25 am