The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

2 posters

Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)?

Alex
    Admin

Warning level : 100 %
    Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
    owner "tel.community" instead!

Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)? Empty Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)?

Post by Alex 2012-04-30, 9:57 am

No problem!

The application fee alone is US$ 185,000 (payable to ICANN) plus the cost of the application process and the administrative fees.
    In addition you have to pay an annual fee payable to the registry and running costs associated with these particular domain endings payable to ICANN with a six figure sum.

Peanuts for you?

Then find out all information here:

New Generic Top-Level Domains
    Bunjie
    Bunjie
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)? Empty Re: Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)?

Post by Bunjie 2012-05-07, 3:10 pm

If I had money and no sense and it was just ego related I would get .fur, not related to the fur industry I'm against that as well as abuse fyi just a fandom one.

If I had money and no sense and it was just ego related I might get .jie, so I could have my own url shortener bun.jie but as I'm considering moving to Ireland or Scotland if Ireland I would qualify to own a .ie so I can get bunj.ie without investing US$ 185,000 in adding an extra letter J.

If I had money and and sense I would invest in .3d, I all ready tried to propose this to daz3d but it's a long story and I won't get into it.

I all ready think it's complex enough without adding more structure and duplicates of the same sub keywords on different tlds, I think it would be better if what we have now are tightened up and cleaned up with regards to all the camping that goes on, wasted domains that sit idle for years stopping true innovation help no one neither does adding more tlds to a powder keg of spam that Google and other search engines have to catalog and we have to trawl through to get what we need.

I believe the .tel concept is less is more, and that's more or less enough to drive traffic to where it needs to go, I would say that in the future telsearch will be a dmoz of active and engaging websites and this gives me an idea for another thread.

Alex
    Admin

Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)? Empty Re: Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)?

Post by Alex 2012-05-08, 10:51 am

I haven't read about the TLD .talk yet!
    Probably a matching TLD for this forum.
    Alex
    Admin

Post by Alex 2012-05-08, 10:55 am

Please find a complete overview about new TLDs on this website.

Interesting regarding .tel would be the nTLD .phone with the following details:

The phone has been revolutionizing our lives ever since it was invented. From the most simple of telephones right up to modern smartphones, they have completely changed the way we communicate. This has recently led to a growth in phone-related websites available on the internet, with sites selling phones to others offering calls hosted over the internet.

With so many phone websites springing up right across the world, it can often be hard for website owners to carve out a niche for themselves, which subsequently makes it harder for web users to find the information they’re looking for. This is one reason a new system of Top Level Domains is being introduced. One of these new TLDs is dot PHONE and it will supplement the current range of domains (such as .com and .net), while being exclusively available to phone websites.

The purpose of this is to inject more choice into web domain names as creating new industry-specific TLDs will open up new options for domain names that have previously been unavailable due to a shortage of ‘good’ web domain names on existing domains. It also allows websites to identify more closely with the phone industry through the dot PHONE TLD. Not only this, but it also gives sites the opportunity to develop individual brands and identities within the dot PHONE TLD.

For example, a cell phone retailer and a site selling antique phones are both equally about phones but are also clearly different. The dot PHONE TLD allows them to acknowledge both their differences and similarities, making it easier for them to market themselves and also for web users to find specific information. Website owners can also incorporate dot PHONE into their wider marketing strategies and web optimization processes – the inclusion of the keyword ‘phone’ in the web domain name is important and can also be used as a base around which an online identity can be constructed.

Another benefit of dot PHONE is to avoid confusion: currently if two companies in different industries have similar names, then there can be issues over who gets the web domain name. With the new industry-specific TLDs, the chances of these disputes are reduced and there’s less chance of web users being directed onto irrelevant websites that simply have similar names.

It will also help to link up phone-related sites from right across the world, helping to make information more accessible. Also, if web users are able to find these sites more easily, it in turn increases the chances of sites benefiting from more relevant web traffic, making the dot PHONE TLD a great idea for all phone-related websites to adopt.

More information about the nTLD .phone are available on this website:

The new .PHONE Top Level Domain will provide a dedicated home for all things telephony-related. We will be working with handset manufacturers, telcos and software providers to develop a range of innovations to enhance navigation and usability.

• mobile.phone
    • home.phone
    • satellite.phone
    Alex
    Admin

Do you want to register your own top-level domain (TLD)? Empty ICANN announces new TLD reveal date, digital archery schedule, 500 unfinished applications

Post by Alex 2012-05-30, 3:23 am

Dates are finalized and a lot of applicants have work to do before tomorrow.

By Andrew Allemann on 29th May 2012

ICANN just provided a timeline for the new top level domain application process going forward.

The “big reveal” date, when ICANN releases the full list of applicants and the strings they applied for, will be June 13.

Digital Archery, which will be used for slotting which batch an application falls into, will run June 8 to June 28.

Additionally, ICANN says there are over 500 incomplete applications currently in its system. This means the applicants haven’t yet completed the applications or haven’t paid for them yet. The application system is scheduled to close tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how many applications are abandoned.

A full schedule is here.

Source: DomainNameWire.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 3:37 am