The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey Empty A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 7:21 pm

dialaroom05-03-2013 04:06 PM

A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey

http://domainnamewire.com/2013/05/02...llion-journey/

Comments anyone.

Blunderer05-03-2013 08:48 PM

ice cream! - written by someone with a lot of relatives. Even the directory link used leads to a Telname - which everyone knows is a separate entity to Telnic.

dialaroom05-07-2013 10:01 AM

I tend to agree with you Blunderer - but always trying to think of what future for this tld will be like. 

I have 2 or 3 directories, starting to show promise and gaining momentum, don't want to waste time and more importantly money on promoting if in the future the old sub directory style .tels are removed. Is there any assurance this can not happen. Not asking for improvements, just a continuation.

Simon G05-07-2013 12:39 PM

Would be happy to hear confirmation that sub directory styles will not be removed also. Aled can you confirm please?

Aled05-07-2013 01:40 PM

We obviously can’t predict the future, but we currently have no plans to change the service provided through the Community TelHosting Platform provided for free via Registrars. As has always been the case, we will of course inform the community if any changes to the service are made, via Registrar communications, through the forum and through other social media channels. Registrars can provide all or a sub-set of features depending on their service as specified in the RRA and as has been the case since launch.

Blunderer05-07-2013 03:41 PM

And that's that!

When I saw that seven people were looking at the Forum today I thought there'd been a car crash.

supercyberheroes05-07-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26995)
    And that's that!

When I saw that seven people were looking at the Forum today I thought there'd been a car crash.

[size]
    Very funny mate[/size]

dialaroom05-07-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 26995)
    And that's that!

[size]
    Thought there were only 5 of us left, oh and that nice Welsh bloke, who works for the company.[/size]

Aled05-07-2013 04:18 PM

Bright sunshine and now this, it must be my birthday.

Thanks dialaroom!

supercyberheroes05-07-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26993)
    We obviously can’t predict the future, but we currently have no plans to change the service provided through the Community TelHosting Platform

[size]
    That's right, but does telinic have any plan to improve or add feature on the telnic platform?

TO ALED AND TELNIC do not misunderstand what I am going to write, but its a feedback with my all respect.
    I perfect understand that you get annoy with some people because of the way they ask questions with "threats" etc.

But some of us can not pay that price, some of us believe in .tels and have plan with our domains and we always approach you with respect.
    I have been asking previously some questions and not answer back at all.

If telnic want to ignore people because of the way they approach you, fine, if you ban them because you believe they have been rude is fine too.

But in the other side we are another group of people, and if you decide to ignore us and not to respond our questions on this forum, then you have been rude with us and showing us little democratic mentality (what I mean if we have democratic mentality we should be open to discussion, listen to us and vice-verse) at the end we could have a more positive forum for the good of the community.

Some of us want all the best for telnic.

Kind regards

Hector[/size]

supercyberheroes05-07-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 26998)
    Bright sunshine and now this, it must be my birthday.

[size]
    Right, happy birthday Aled

Regards

http://movie.tel
    http://ideal.tel[/size]

Aled05-07-2013 05:45 PM

Hector - As mentioned above, and as I did with the new templates earlier this year, when there is news to share, we shall do so on here and through the other channels that we have available.

Simon G05-07-2013 10:50 PM

Aled
    Thanks for the confirmation and reaffirmation. I had forgot about that option but it is reassuring to remember as long as telnic accept a registrars plan or keep cth hosting sub domains will be available for the long term.

boracay.tel05-08-2013 03:55 AM

Happy birthday Aled

dialaroom05-08-2013 09:13 AM

Easy to say with hindsight I know, but looking back, and this is just my opinion (I did say it then as well if you check my threads), part of the reason Telnic are not as successful as we all thought they would be has to be down to us, by us I mean forum members.

From day 1 if we were domainers we were complaining, if we were developers we were complaining, always wanting more, more profit for domainers, more and more features for developers. When what we had was something clear simple fast and the most mobile, seo friendly place to be on the web. 

The amount and depth of subfolders available made it perfect for directories, the cost made it perfect for a busines card online. Web hosted sights were available for everything else. A unique template gave it it's own corporate image. 

The ironic thing is my most successful .tel so far Taxinumbers.tel is making money, but more than that is page 1 google for dozens and dozens of uk taxi searches, has thousands of hits a week (mainly Saturday night) and is used, yes used by hundreds of people to call taxis, (can even tell you who and when with google anylytics) it is on what is nearest to the original template and uses and requires no more features than were available when the first .tel was sold.

supercyberheroes05-08-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 27001)
    Hector - As mentioned above, and as I did with the new templates earlier this year, when there is news to share, we shall do so on here and through the other channels that we have available.

[size]
    Thank very much[/size]

supercyberheroes05-08-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 27004)
    Easy to say with hindsight I know, but looking back, and this is just my opinion (I did say it then as well if you check my threads), part of the reason Telnic are not as successful as we all thought they would be has to be down to us, by us I mean forum members. 

From day 1 if we were domainers we were complaining, if we were developers we were complaining, always wanting more, more profit for domainers, more and more features for developers. When what we had was something clear simple fast and the most mobile, seo friendly place to be on the web. 

The amount and depth of subfolders available made it perfect for directories, the cost made it perfect for a busines card online. Web hosted sights were available for everything else. A unique template gave it it's own corporate image. 

The ironic thing is my most successful .tel so far Taxinumbers.tel is making money, but more than that is page 1 google for dozens and dozens of uk taxi searches, has thousands of hits a week (mainly Saturday night) and is used, yes used by hundreds of people to call taxis, (can even tell you who and when with google anylytics) it is on what is nearest to the original template and uses and requires no more features than were available when the first .tel was sold.

[size]
    I agree with you, for directory, the feature that we got could be enough, and as I said before telnic give priority to .tel of the month to directories, like your taxinumbers or personal like a doctor etc.

Unfortunately not all domains are for directories, just see my http://movie.tel without images and video tools this site will be total rubbish, the more features and tools we have the better, we can build nice a beautiful sites, there are some very important features that telnic should never stop to add like click to call facilities, think for 1 minute what you can do on taxinumbers with this feature or any extra feature

Regards

http://ideal.tel
    http://movie.tel[/size]

dialaroom05-08-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27006)
    I agree with you, for directory, the feature that we got could be enough, and as I said before telnic give priority to .tel of the month to directories, like your taxinumbers or personal like a doctor etc.

Unfortunately not all domains are for directories, just see my http://movie.tel without images and video tools this site will be total rubbish, the more features and tools we have the better, we can build nice a beautiful sites, there are some very important features that telnic should never stop to add like click to call facilities, think for 1 minute what you can do on taxinumbers with this feature or any extra feature

Regards

http://movie.tel

[size]
    I understand what you are saying, but adding things, also slows load times, slower load times is bad for SEO. All the things you want and more can and have always been achieved on any web hosted .tld.

Images, video tools, click to call can all be done with a bit of html and a couple of java scripts on normal tlds, even mobile phone display changes. The main difference of a .tel was its speed of data storage and mobile friendliness and ease of sub directory use. It made it a killer for Seo.and great SERPS resulted after a very short time. The perfect directory tool.[/size]

supercyberheroes05-08-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 27009)
    I understand what you are saying, but adding things, also slows load times, slower load times is bad for SEO. All the things you want and more can and have always been achieved on any web hosted .tld.

Images, video tools, click to call can all be done with a bit of html and a couple of java scripts on normal tlds, even mobile phone display changes. The main difference of a .tel was its speed of data storage and mobile friendliness and ease of sub directory use. It made it a killer for Seo.and great SERPS resulted after a very short time. The perfect directory tool.

[size]
    Dialroom for fast loading no worries, from summer of after or soon you will have 4g system in place all around in UK and in many countries, will be ready: vodafono, O2, T-mobile, and Orange. I have a site that I will finish this week, but please check and see my site about 4g, and let me know your opinion, check: Samsung, blackberry, apple, and Nokia, Sony and HTC no LG, this is my site check out: http://4g.tel samsung is the only one full ready check here: http://samsung.4g.tel

Regards

dialaroom05-09-2013 08:05 AM

@supercyberheroes

Your 4g and movie.tel sites are brilliant, and long may they continue and prosper. I was thinking more of google's perception of load speed and sub-folders in comparison to web built sites, not our own wait times. 

I suppose my main point was if the forum had not been so demanding for all things that were already available with web built sites and recognised what made .tel different and used that in a positive way, we may have still had an open and pro-active forum, and tld.

Anyway we are where we are. Not a good position for Telnic, but we still have lots of lovely .tels available to develop.

How is movie.tel doing for visitors, serps etc. I have Amazon links on one of my .tels, no earnings yet though.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey Empty Re: A look at .Tel’s 14 year, £25 million journey

Post by Telnic 2014-12-30, 7:22 pm

dutchstreetdog05-09-2013 10:55 AM

Those this mean telnic can take away the 3500 pages we curentley have !
    And that we stay with 1 page ?!?! Noooo orelse it would be notthing ?!?!

Today i saw first time a Google ad on my directory ?!
    Those anybody no why it popped up after so long time without ?!?!?

Btw the rankings for my directory are Verry Verry good !
    I cant believe telnic take away all my pages except 1
    Or didt i misunderstute

https://2img.net/h/i773.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps6540239c.jpg

Blunderer05-09-2013 02:24 PM

You misunderstood - and if that's a Google Ad you're better off without them.

dialaroom05-09-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 27014)
    You misunderstood - and if that's a Google Ad you're better off without them.

[size]
    Hear! Hear![/size]

dutchstreetdog05-09-2013 03:04 PM

Okay thank you blunderer !
    Well i am happy with my ad because i have it activated i think but it never displayed mobile. Ads !
    Strange

Simon G05-09-2013 10:47 PM

Is that a dead dog Dutch? I think the others were questioning whether they would be happy with dead dogs on there .tels.
    None when I visited your site I'm glad to say

supercyberheroes05-09-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchstreetdog (Post 27016)
    Okay thank you blunderer !
    Well i am happy with my ad because i have it activated i think but it never displayed mobile. Ads !
    Strange

[size]
    In my movie.tel google display mobile ads too

supercyberheroes05-09-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 27011)
    @supercyberheroes

Your 4g and movie.tel sites are brilliant, and long may they continue and prosper. I was thinking more of google's perception of load speed and sub-folders in comparison to web built sites, not our own wait times. 

I suppose my main point was if the forum had not been so demanding for all things that were already available with web built sites and recognised what made .tel different and used that in a positive way, we may have still had an open and pro-active forum, and tld.

Anyway we are where we are. Not a good position for Telnic, but we still have lots of lovely .tels available to develop.

How is movie.tel doing for visitors, serps etc. I have Amazon links on one of my .tels, no earnings yet though.

[size]
    Have not checked my google analytic for around a month but the last time it had 2345 pages view for a month, but I am sure its improving due that is getting down at alexa.com,
    My brother have a business in Bogota- colombia photocopiers and internet cafe, so he told me that about 2 weeks ago he set up all his computers (10) with movie.tel (8) and ideal.tel (2)

Regards

dutchstreetdog05-10-2013 08:32 AM

@Simon
    Yes its like a quiz "Is it real or not"
    But it shure is a strange picture
    Google is happy with my domain because The use it to experiment 
    But today its more relevant about kitesurving in schevenigen
    Mabey The were confiused with my other animal related domains
    I use Same adsense code for multiple domains
    So The have to figure out whats relevant or not !
    :-) men i dont now what i am talking. Time for coffee
    Power boys it Will happen one day for all of us
    And then we Join upp in boracay for a party lasting 1 year :-)

But i still wounder why the Ads are popping up now
    The code is already in for years :rolleyes:

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 2:00 am