The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Could this be a Breakthrough? Valuation needed.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Could this be a Breakthrough? Valuation needed. Empty Could this be a Breakthrough? Valuation needed.

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 12:51 pm

teltheworld08-03-2010 01:03 PM

Could this be a Breakthrough? Valuation needed.

Could this be a breakthrough?

Out of the blue I have just had an offer of $600 for one of my .Tels that I was about to drop!
    and let go for nothing! and I hadn't even advertised it anywhere!

Both exciting and chilling at the same time! but on taking a fresh look at it, I can see why the person wants it as much as they do.

So now I am facing the Classic .Tel dilemma Should I take the money and run or is it worth a lot more?

I don't want to say what the name is as I have another one very similar so does anybody know a site that can give me a realistic valuation.

All advice welcome Should I take the money?

Just a quick edit to say this .Tel has amazing directory building potential, which I'm ready to admit I did not really notice first time round.

dotteler08-03-2010 01:49 PM

I wonder if there is a site that could really valuate .tel opposed to other TLD. When I looked before, the quotes were rediculously low for great keyword names.

teltheworld08-03-2010 02:30 PM

Hi dotteler

One moment you're thinking you're mining fools Gold and then something like this just takes you by surprise.

At first I thought it was worthless and was going to let it go but then on closer inspection, I can now see what amazing potential it has for a directory.

Even at $1 per week per entry this guy is going to make some serious money, the problem is I don't have the time or the inclination to develop it.

If only we could rent them out instead.

It's quite an unusual sort of name bought in a moment of madness

So should I take the money or roll the dice!

telrific08-03-2010 05:09 PM

AJV USA posted something that is absolutely undeniable for explaining the greater value of .TEL over all other TLDs including .com

The only decision to make is "How many clicks is it worth" ?

Traffic will determine the ultimate value, however, even a little traffic goes a long way thanks to the Search Results benefit of .TEL Domain Names in the TelPages.com Official Search Engine.

Here it is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJV USA (Post 10233)
    Have you tried to value the .tel domains using the www.telshoppe.com valuation method ?

It uses 2 fundamental rules for valuation and then uses .tel domains unique advantage:

Fundamental Rule #1: ALL Domain Names And TLDs Have Value Based Upon Branding.
    Fundamental Rule #2: ONLY .tel Domain Names Have Value Based Upon Search Results. (TelPages.com)

telshoppe.com uses the above fundamental rules to determine values, and brilliantly so, along with these facts about search results and lead value:

1. A company is willing to "pay-per-click" based upon lead value.
    2. A company is willing to "pay-per-click" based upon lead value, regardless of source.
    3. A company is willing to "pay-per-click" based upon lead value, regardless of volume.

A .tel domain name can have great value when all the above is realized !

It might help if you look at each domain, determine the market/keyword/ppc value, then decide how many "clicks" you're willing to sell for !

A valid basis for valuation for .tel is easy with fundamental rule #2 involved - Only .TEL has it !

[size]
    :)[/size]

Bunjie08-03-2010 06:27 PM

Interesting, I find .tel is able to funnel traffic efficently, but at the same time it just lacks that share feature, based on the .tel sub domain the end user is viewing.

I don't want to hijack your thread but http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.p...newpost&t=1379 with a share feature you would increase the traffic substantially.

Many websites used to fear being added to such narrow band and refined services that produced the correct results due to compression of trafifc.

Basicly if it's too great at driving traffic that on some occassions if a website was submitted to such a publicly submitted service it would catch the web administrator off guard and he would not be prepared for the traffic explosion.

.tel is like funneling a crowd through the "eye of the needle" and if you believe you see what who ever asked to buy it sees and can pull it off then Good luck, we all are here if you need help, if not then $600 is a nice figure.

teltheworld08-03-2010 06:48 PM

Hi Bunjie

What a dilemma, though quite a nice one to have, I don't want to be greedy, second thoughts maybe I do lol but since I was going to dump it, I may as well let it go and use the money to renew some of the others

Any ideas ( and this includes everyone ) how this person can pay me?

Could he send the money to my registrar?

Has anyone else sold one? whats the best way to get paid?

smart08-03-2010 06:51 PM

teltheworld,

if like you say you were about to drop the name and you received an offer of $600 for it, then there's only 1 smart thing to do here,, CASH IN (maybe you can counter offer at 20 - 30 % higher, but don't get carried away, many people come back to their rational thinking soon after committing to an offer, and they might find an alternative to your domain name for $12 after all.

I think valuation of domains is pointless, as it all depends on your end buyer and how eager they are to get hold of it,,, it is useful if you're talking above $50,000 or so as you're then evaluating revenue streams etc.. but untill then, its any fools' guess,,

good luck

teltheworld08-03-2010 07:55 PM

Hi Smart

That makes sense, as I was going to dump it I think ill take the money and think myself lucky but there is no other variation on this name, its a one off and its a good one.

I will try not to cry if they sell it on for a fortune!

mikeseaton08-03-2010 08:21 PM

Getting Paid For Domains

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 10350)
    Hi Bunjie

What a dilemma, though quite a nice one to have, I don't want to be greedy, second thoughts maybe I do lol but since I was going to dump it, I may as well let it go and use the money to renew some of the others

Any ideas ( and this includes everyone ) how this person can pay me?

Could he send the money to my registrar?

Has anyone else sold one? whats the best way to get paid?

[size]
    Hi Teltheworld,

Glad to hear of your offer. Having bought and sold many domains (mostly DotComs) there is a fundamental issue between buyer and seller re payment.

The buyer, quite reasonably, does not want to send money to a total stranger in the hope they do what they say and transfer the domain. The seller, again quite reasonably, does not want to hand over control of their domain to a total stranger and trust them to send the money afterwards.

The only solution that works to the satisfaction of both parties is what's called "Escrow" - the buyer pays a trusted 3rd party, the seller transfers the domain to the trusted 3rd party, who then transfers the domain to the buyer and pays the seller (less the escrow fees).

I have often used Sedo http://www.sedo.com/ for selling domains - their selling fee of 10% (minimum charge of 50 USD for .tels) includes the escrow service. Sedo also offer the escrow service on its own - details at http://www.sedo.com/us/services/domain-escrow - commisssion is 3% but again there is a minimum charge of 50 USD for .tels.

The other alternative is to use a dedicated escrow service but make sure you use one of the really professional sites - the one I used without any problem when I bought the search engine domain http://www.net-link.com was Escrow.com (https://escrow.com/index.asp).

Again congratulations on your offer.

Mike Seaton

PS. Buyers and Sellers often agree to split the escrow charge 50/50 since it benefits both parties.[/size]

Cees08-03-2010 08:23 PM

One option may be to try a form of partnership with them, I have no idea how to implement this, but it may give you an ongoing reward.

teltheworld08-03-2010 09:52 PM

mikeseaton @ cees

Many thanks for your advice guys but please hold off the congratulations until I am holding the cash.

I was thinking of doing a buy it now on ebay, that way there is protection on both sides.

I will let you know how it goes.

Simon G08-04-2010 09:52 PM

Congrats teltheworld. Its good to get a sale and your right (the deals not done till its in the bank) I've used sedo for sales before. They are probally your best bet.
    If like me you are in the UK I think escrow and the like are quite long processes if its possible (for receiving money any way)

If you get the sale and they develop it its a win win win for you, the buyer and .tel in general.

teltheworld08-05-2010 10:30 AM

Hi Guys

This potential buyer has indicated that they may be willing to increase their offer!

Maybe I am holding something hotter than I thought? I would love to tell you what it is but that might spook the buyer and cost me the sale. So I hope you understand about that.

I'm tempted to put it on Sedo and I'm already having sleepless nights because I was going to drop it!

I honestly thought it was worthless! one of those stupid names you buy on the spur of the moment, hit the button and then start thinking why did I do that.

If I actually sell it then all will be revealed.

P.S. Thank you all for your good wishes.

spline08-05-2010 01:20 PM

Dont understand why cant you reveal the name? 
    Cant give you any real advice if you dont. I dont think it would spook the buyer.
    If the buyer want it or has use for it, it wont change the fact.

Perhaps you could PM me the name.

teltheworld08-05-2010 03:36 PM

Hi Spline

Its just not worth the risk of spooking the buyer, however small that potential risk may be.

Holmfirth Tiger08-05-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 10356)
    mikeseaton @ cees

Many thanks for your advice guys but please hold off the congratulations until I am holding the cash.

I was thinking of doing a buy it now on ebay, that way there is protection on both sides.

I will let you know how it goes.

[size]

I think the eBay idea is excellent. That's got to work and is real easy to do![/size]

teltheworld08-05-2010 10:49 PM

Hi Holmfirth Tiger

Many thanks for your support which has given me food for thought, perhaps we could get our heads round some sort of system of getting paid for .Tel Sales.

Maybe if we ask nicely Telnic might consider doing Escrow for those that require it, as they may even get some extra sales off the back of that, so anyone else in favor of that idea?

Cees12-02-2010 07:29 AM

teltheworld,
    Can you give us an update on the sale, did it sell or not?

Shahid12-03-2010 01:00 AM

Congrats on the offer, i have sold a plenty of .tel in past and most of them went through Paypal for payment. so far all is good.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 4:57 pm