The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

FindAnAttorney.tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

FindAnAttorney.tel Empty FindAnAttorney.tel

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:28 pm

findanattorney07-24-2009 03:43 PM

FindAnAttorney.tel

Hello,
    Please tell your attorney friends about our new .tel directory. Would also like your feedback.
    Thank You. The Staff at FindAnAttorney.tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-24-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by findanattorney (Post 678)
    Hello,
    Please tell your attorney friends about our new .tel directory. Would also like your feedback.
    Thank You. The Staff at FindAnAttorney.tel

[size]
    Good idea. 
    All your links should not terminate on dead pages, eg http://bankruptcy.colorado.findanattorney.tel/ has no data 
    even if it is an "add my listing" link.
    Wyoming is spelled wrong.
    USA only?[/size]

Shahid07-24-2009 10:34 PM

That is nice one, but as mark pointed out since you have not completed it and your looking for people to advertise or be listed on there why not take it Global or Selected countries which are more commonly known or where you think an Attorney can be more beneficial and the plus point is before it was 1000 sub folders now its 3000 so that's good news for Directories.

more over love the idea and i hope it turns out great, talking about Attorney i grabbed Attorney.me.uk the other day :) 

good luck

sandman07-25-2009 05:57 PM

I don't think this is a good idea.
    If I live in Sydney and want to find an attorney I would type in SydneyAttorneys.tel not findanattorney.tel
    All these directories to be successful have to be local.
    Once people get used to the idea that typing in for example TorontoElectricians.tel will get them the list of Toronto electricians they will use it otherwise they will not spend their time looking for something in a general directory

sandman07-25-2009 05:58 PM

Sorry the first sentence should read: I DON'T think this is a good idea

sandman07-25-2009 05:59 PM

I must be dreaming , can't read my own writing

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-25-2009 06:17 PM

re local tels

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman (Post 682)
    I don't think this is a good idea.
    If I live in Sydney and want to find an attorney I would type in SydneyAttorneys.tel not findanattorney.tel
    All these directories to be successful have to be local.
    Once people get used to the idea that typing in for example TorontoElectricians.tel will get them the list of Toronto electricians they will use it otherwise they will not spend their time looking for something in a general directory

[size]
    See my thread about local pages ...
    http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96
    IMO, if telpages.com becomes prevalent and incorporates geo locality detection, then it wouldn't matter. The most relevant pages will come up first. Henri?[/size]

Gav07-25-2009 06:30 PM

This is not strictly the case sandman in regards of large directories, as they can work especially if peope get to know about them and then bookmark them.

I have said this before - lots of .tel names have been bought to resell and the owners have know intention of developing them into anything.

My example -

I am building ukcabs.tel which is now due to be launched in December 2009. Once I have done all my marketing for this ect and have loads of taxi/cabs companies on board all anyone in the uk will have to remember or bookmark is ukcabs.tel. Once this has been stored into there phone they will be able to access there location within a few seconds and have taxi firms in there location at a touch of a button.

If people were to have to put in norwichcabs.tel, machestercabs.tel , bradfordcabs.tel and so on the chances are half will not be developed and imagine the amount of domains you would have to bookmark if you were travelling all around the uk, it would be a nightmare,its always easier to remember just a few which you know are populated and all working properley rather than browsing through loads that are no use to anyone.

For excact local ones to work you would need someone who is going to buy every city, town .tel, and then populate them all for it to work, and the chances for this I would say is very slim due to the amount of money, time and effort it would take.

Only my opinion

Regards

Gav

Mat07-25-2009 09:05 PM

Ukcabs is fine I think, but it's also true, that people must know about it and keep it in mind.
    There are many .tel sites, which could be very useful. People just should discover, how easy and fast is 'dot tel'.

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 12:21 pm