The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Exciting Project

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Exciting Project Empty Exciting Project

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:30 pm

tony mayo07-30-2009 01:05 PM

Exciting Project

Well done to everyone at oneVancouver (http://www.one-vancouver.com) for launching one of the most impressive .Tel initiatives I've seen so far.
    The Webnames.ca oneVancouver project aims to "distribute 25,000 .TEL names in Greater Vancouver before 2010 and create a community that is better connected, easy to reach and available for business in a mobile world."
    Building from the bottom up and connecting with local communities I believe is one of the best ways of informing people about .Tel.

can07-30-2009 03:02 PM

Very good idea.It is a very important job to make .tel popular.

mattlane07-31-2009 09:17 PM

Thanks for the mention and words of encouragement guys. We have high hopes for the strategy and have had some great feedback already. It's very early days yet but we're pushing hard to raise awareness in the local community. 

We're taking a very collaborative and non-partisan approach to the project and and are working with a growing number of partners. We're convinced the key is get people actively using their .tel names on a daily basis to illustrate just how powerful and useful .tel really is.

We're happy to share the results of our experience as well and the impacts of key tactics with other .tel interested parties as well as answer any questions anyone may have. I'll try to keep everyone updated through the forum here and of course, we welcome the follows athttp://twitter.com/onevancouver

--
    lane.tel 
    webnames.tel | onevancouver.tel | hornet.tel

RonMunson08-01-2009 05:06 PM

Great project with OneVancouver.TEL. I look forward to seeing how this project develops.

I also have to compliment your company on the Hornet.tel application for the Blackberry. I have been using it since day one and find it very easy to access and manage Dot Tel's.

mattlane08-02-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 767)
    Great project with OneVancouver.TEL. I look forward to seeing how this project develops.

I also have to compliment your company on the Hornet.tel application for the Blackberry. I have been using it since day one and find it very easy to access and manage Dot Tel's.

[size]
    Thanks RonMunson. Hornet seems to be going down a storm. We've had several hundred downloads and some great feedback and ideas for developing the app. The mobile device applications like Hornet, Superbook and the other Telnic apps seem to 'complete' .TEL for many people and give them a way to use it in their everyday lives.[/size]

dottel.net08-02-2009 08:19 PM

hi - is there a simple one pager on hornet vs the telnic blackberry app? am sure there are added benefits, etc would be nice to read it somewhere. thanks!

mattlane08-02-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 780)
    hi - is there a simple one pager on hornet vs the telnic blackberry app? am sure there are added benefits, etc would be nice to read it somewhere. thanks!

[size]
    We've actually tried not to place them head to head in this way. Hornet leverages a lot of the underlying code of the Telnic app but tries to create a UI based heavily on the native Blackberry address book in order to create a familiar environment for Blackberry owners. 

You should be able to install both apps side by side without any problem, so you can see the differences for yourself. I'm certain the developers of both apps would welcome your feedback and input.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 10:37 pm