The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dot Tel Radio

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Dot Tel Radio Empty Dot Tel Radio

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:41 pm

mattlane11-15-2009 03:31 AM

Dot Tel Radio

Further to my update about the November Meetup in the "One Vancouver Update" thread, I wanted to let everyone know about a new initiative from Marilyn Anderson called Dot Tel Radio. 

Marilyn has been running an internet radio show for some time but will be starting a new program focussing on the .tel. The details are still being worked out but is likely to take the form of 30-45 minute interviews and panel discussions. A number of .tel related experts and enthusiasts have been approached but we are looking for a wide range of views, opinion and topics centred around the .tel.

We would love to hear from anyone that would like to be on the show or has any special topics or guests they'd like to see featured. Distance is not a problem as the interviews can take place by telephone.

The show format and site should be coming together in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, the two initial interviews that sparked the idea are available from the links below.

We look forward to your feedback and ideas.

Interview with George Moen of Blenz Coffee
    Interview with Cybele Negris of Webnames.ca

--
    Matthew Lane
    Lane.tel

mactel11-20-2009 05:28 AM

Or get the dot tel radio icon/link, by simply integrating this code for your side bar of your blog or website:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Marilyn...ayerButton.gif) no-repeat 0 0 !important; display: block !important; padding: 17px 8px 8px 8px !important; width: 144px !important; height: 80px !important; font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, sans-serif !important; color: #333; font-weight:bold !important; text-decoration: none !important;" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Marilyn_Anderson" target="_blank" title="Listen to Dottel Radio on Blog Talk Radio">Listen to Dottel Radiohttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/Marilyn...ayerButton.gif) no-repeat -8px -40px !important; width: 150px !important; overflow: hidden !important; height: 0px !important; font-size: 8px !important; filter:alpha(opacity=0) !important; opacity: 0.0 !important; padding: 0 0 0 0 !important; margin: 0 0 0 0 !important;"> on Blog Talk Radio

Shahid11-20-2009 12:25 PM

Hello Mattlane,

sorry i did listen to the shows but i compeletly forgot to reply back, those are nice and surely do make sense i think we should go more to the users too lets say like people like Mark, and others on what they think about it and also what kind of new things they are trying to create more over it would be nice if these kind of shows are even recorded on a go when trying to explain it to a general public and know their views on it just a thought

mattlane11-23-2009 11:46 PM

@mactel - thanks for the embed code

@ Shahid Thanks for the feed back - your comments are always welcomed and appreciated. We've got about 25 provisional guests and panel speakers in our list and Mark is definately near the top - he'll be getting a call from me as soon as we've put a one pager together so he knows what he's getting into! 

(but don't tell him - its a surprise)

Shahid11-24-2009 08:33 AM

@Mattlane Sounds like fun, i know he will love it

Coming to idea on the general public i am not sure this is going to work or not but i am in for it incase it cost some promotion, let's say someone needs general public to know or get the feel of it how would one react and why would he want to react to .tel

Things you need as advertisement 
    Carry a nice portable Laptop with .tel video downloaded from youtube incase one does not have wireless internet on the go
    blackberry or iphone to open a .tel on the phone too
    and also a nice voice recorder so those clips can be played on radio
    also a small board something like take part in a .tel survey and walk away with your very own .tel for free

i am willing to contribute 10 .tel domains to this as a start

starting of survey once a person 

Take down details incase he/she wins the .tel so it could be delivered ( As it will be winner out of 5 people that way it will give more coverage and less loss lets say 5 people took part out of them one wins via a draw )
    person comes to you after seeing the board, you show him some highlights on .tel like the video of the train or emma.tel video or how easy it is without hosting and hassle free no webmaster needed. more over one can even hight light them incase they have business how easy its to get business known by anyone once you feel the person is trying to grasp the whole idea you can ask them a few questions now is the time when on the recorder.
    Radio
    Hello, 
    how are you doing
    Survey participant
    hello, i am good thanks 
    Radio
    so whats your name and how do you like .tel 
    Survey participant
    my name is Amanda, .tel is really smart and great concept and i think anyone on the go should have one we all move from one place to another due to all kinds of problems but i think you 
    can't move a .tel as its placed firm where it is
    Radio
    That is great news so how can it help you in your future 
    Survey participant
    i think it can help anyone looking at the way it is presented once out it can go very far
    i would not be surprised incase i see someone in the next few years and they ask me 
    how do i .tel you i need to know your .tel
    Radio
    wow, that surely will be cool.would you recommend this to anyone you know ?
    Survey participant
    off course to anyone i know, right now after i leave this place i am surely going to talk
    to friends about it
    Radio
    Thank you for taking part keep your fingers crossed we have entered you into the draw
    to let you have your own .tel 
    Survey participant
    pleasure is mine, thank you

After 5 participants 

Radio 
    our winner for .tel survey/promotion is the one and only AMmandaaaaaaa ( Amanda )

:) 

Thank you comments always helps

mattlane11-25-2009 08:26 PM

Thanks Shahid. I think you've put your finger on it. We need to tell the story of .TEL from real user's perspective. It's great to have informed opinion from experts, but its the voice of the end user that has the potential to resonate most purely with potential .TEL owners.

There may be some mechanical issues with 'call ins' to the show but I'm not 100% clear on the system they're using. Nevertheless, this is exactly along the right lines and I will make sure your suggestion reaches the right people.

ps You also just got yourself added to guest list! Its true that no good deed goes unpunished

Shahid11-25-2009 09:46 PM

Thank you, i just tried to help because .tel is a normal persons tool in daily life not just professionals so the voice of people is the voice of success.

also about the .tel giveaways i was serious so when ever you launch it let me know to play my part

tony mayo11-25-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

ps You also just got yourself added to guest list! Its true that no good deed goes unpunished

[size]
    And Matt, having just spoken to Shahid this afternoon ((via .tel, of course), I can assure you you couldn't have a better advocate for .tel on your panel!
    I'd also like to say when I have the chance that the work you guys are doing in Vancouver is truly inspirational and your creative ideas are a big help to people like myself.[/size]

Gav11-26-2009 12:00 AM

I second that - You guys in Vancouver sure have a edge on the rest of the world when it comes to .tel - and I would expect more besides.

Shahid - Love the post :cool:

Gav

Shahid11-26-2009 09:31 PM

Thank you Tony & Gav, i Feel honored :) 

it was nice talking to you as well Tony, and i hope Mayo.tel rocks for you as you have planned it, i hope i can come up with more ideas that could help people and i also request anyone who feel they have any kind of problem with .tel i am always ready to help for free
    on shahid.tel as much as i know

telfriend11-27-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlane (Post 2533)
    Further to my update about the November Meetup in the "One Vancouver Update" thread, I wanted to let everyone know about a new initiative from Marilyn Anderson called Dot Tel Radio. 

Marilyn has been running an internet radio show for some time but will be starting a new program focussing on the .tel. The details are still being worked out but is likely to take the form of 30-45 minute interviews and panel discussions. A number of .tel related experts and enthusiasts have been approached but we are looking for a wide range of views, opinion and topics centred around the .tel.

We would love to hear from anyone that would like to be on the show or has any special topics or guests they'd like to see featured. Distance is not a problem as the interviews can take place by telephone.

The show format and site should be coming together in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, the two initial interviews that sparked the idea are available from the links below.

We look forward to your feedback and ideas.

Interview with George Moen of Blenz Coffee
    Interview with Cybele Negris of Webnames.ca

--
    Matthew Lane
    Lane.tel

[size]
    How many listeners would really be tuning into dot tel radio you think? Is this radio station only on the internet, any idea of numbers that listen to Marilyns regular shows?[/size]

mattlane11-27-2009 06:51 PM

Hi all - my apologies for the delay in responding. I've had my head into a couple of very interesting new projects and I hope to have some news to report in the next week or so as we get a bit closer to them going live.

@Shahid - thanks again for the support and for the offfer. Its very much appreciated and I will contact you directly to talk about working together to and creating a compelling piece that will engage the public.

@tony @gav - Thanks for the feedback and support. With everyone working from their own parts of the world, its easy to feel a bit isolated and its great to hear that there is more and more connecting and collaboration going on.

@telfriend - I don't know the exact number but I suspect that whatever it is, its not as big as we would like! With this, as with all initiatives, we recognise that there is an awareness and engagement issue. Increasingly we are looking at ways of positioning our activities to align with current hot topics, so that .TEL can be integrated into people's lives and current interests as opposed to being this mysterious new technology all on its own. 

We've spoken about many of the shows tackling topics with broad based appeal. For example "Personal Privacy", "Trends in Online Marketing" or "The Psychology of Me - Personal Brand & Identity". Instead of being just about the new .TEL names, we would aim to attract a broad audience with hot topics and introduce .TEL as part of the broader discussion. Those of us on the forum understand the relevance of .TEL to people's everyday lives - we need to illustrate this relevance to the public.

I suspect that for the most part, there won't be too much new material for forum members on the shows (forum members are more likely to be guests!). The shows will be aimed at people who haven't heard of .TEL but who empathise with the broader topics and discover .TEL and its value in the context of the subject being discussed.

Through this approach we hope to be able to drive traffic from a wide and diverse set of sources and drive the listenership numbers in this way. 

Its still very early days and I suspect there will be some trial and error along the way, but I believe this is a good starting point for the strategy.

Shahid11-27-2009 07:57 PM

Sounds like a plan, as a reply to Telfriend, we all know very much about .tel we are one of the people who mess around with quries all the time put this and put that, but that is bonus what we are getting from .tel since we all invested in the sample ofwww.Emma.tel 

what i think matt is trying to do is make a global awareness of .tel for people who are simple yet want to be hifi but again don't understand or want to know much about programing or webmastering so we need to deliver the mesg of .tel in such a way that they grasp it.

to us .tel still seems small but if it goes to the main stream ( General Public ) you can't stop it and i guess the adopting of it will tick similarly like the way birth rate is counted haha per sec

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 4:52 am