The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Promoting Dottels in melbourne, australia

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Promoting Dottels in melbourne, australia Empty Promoting Dottels in melbourne, australia

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:43 pm

daytonac01-01-2010 11:43 AM

Promoting Dottels in melbourne, australia

1 Attachment(s)
    hi guys, thought i'd show you my promoting of dottels on my personal work vehicle. i think i'm probably the 1st person in australia to advertise on a car/van/truck, mainly because most people still have no idea about dottels. So now driving down the westgate fwy everyday, 100's of people see it, and probably wonder "whats that???" 
    Just thought i'd show you guys, hope to see more vehicles dottelled soon, 
    andre'
    dottels.tel4glass.tel

dottel01-01-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonac (Post 4037)
    hi guys, thought i'd show you my promoting of dottels on my personal work vehicle. i think i'm probably the 1st person in australia to advertise on a car/van/truck, mainly because most people still have no idea about dottels. So now driving down the westgate fwy everyday, 100's of people see it, and probably wonder "whats that???" 
    Just thought i'd show you guys, hope to see more vehicles dottelled soon, 
    andre'
    dottels.tel4glass.tel

[size]
    Looks good
    may be you should have included www, very useful for non-techy

pls keep update us on how it works out for u:)[/size]

tony mayo01-01-2010 12:50 PM

Well done, daytonac. It looks great. 
    For me, the .tel sign displayed on a business person's vehicle sums up what dottel is all about: the memorable single point of contact and its ease of access.
    The more vehicles we see with this type of promotion the better for dottel.
    The www suggestion is worth considering because it immediately lets people know the information has to be accessed on the net.
    I think the sum of all our promoting .tel efforts - from the bottom up, allied to Telnic's more high-powered marketing, will pay dividends over time. Nothing is ever achieved without hard work and having faith in your project.
    On a personal note, I have had a number of unsolicited requests in the past two weeks to be listed in my local directories. All very encouraging. I have also started a Facebook drive to promote the directories. 
    From tiny acorns....

maximka01-01-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonac (Post 4037)
    Just thought i'd show you guys, hope to see more vehicles dottelled soon...

[size]
    Nice, that idea is realized! I also think that you need to add "www." - for people who do not know about zone TEL, this will help to understand that it is a web-site. And, perhaps, if you will use not "bold" letters for the sign, then, by my opinion, it would become more readable. 

It is pity, that I cannot to put such sign on my bicycle - there is no place on it for such a thing. :)[/size]

dottel.net01-01-2010 06:37 PM

agree with folks comments - need to either add http:// or www. to the start so folks understand what it is until the day arrives when everyone knows what tel is.... 2010 anyone?

telme01-01-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 4058)
    agree with folks comments - need to either add http:// or www. to the start so folks understand what it is until the day arrives when everyone knows what tel is.... 2010 anyone?

[size]
    I also agree. Most people are still ignorant about the web. Using www let's them know its a website. 

Its still a great promotion of your company and .tel. More savey web users will ask themselves what is tel and will probably visit your site.[/size]

mactel01-01-2010 07:56 PM

Ok: I figured out, that your company name is "Diamond Glass", and your .tel domain name for your company, is "4glass.tel". So let's go from there, with that in mind:
    Interestingly, the car .tel advert (showing not the company name separatly, but only the .tel number) contains a reference to the company name itself: Within it's telephone number. So, no need to mention the name of the company, besides of, or next to the existing .tel domain name.

Otherwhise one would have to write:

FOR BROKEN WINDOWS
    Call DIAMOND GLASS at:
    0424 799 752
    [size]

Or:

[/size]
    DIAMOND GLASS is at your service 
    FOR BROKEN WINDOWS
    Call us at:
    0424 799 752
    [size]

But with a .tel domain name / business address, you can make it shorter, simpler, and more effective, as everyone can see, on the backside of your delivery van (where you give the option to use your classic telephone number 0424 799 752, which is actually only a joke, to show, how simple it will be to use "4Glass.tel"):
    [/size]

FOR BROKEN WINDOWS
    4Glass.tel
    [size]

Or
    [/size]

FOR BROKEN WINDOWS
    www.4Glass.tel
    [size]

It might make sense, to change the company name from "Diamond Glass" to "4Glass"..., so that the ads become even more effective. - Or what about "diamond-glass.tel", if that is the name of the company?...
    Well, I guess, the idea was to simplify, so why not simplify the whole...concept? Because no matter, which way you look at it: Two names create confusion. "Diamond Glass"/"4Glass". So, then some people might ask: "What's the company name?: I only read "4Glass", on the car advert. 4Glass sounds very cool, why the "Diamond"?".
    Well, you could "twist" it this way:
    [/size][size]
    Or, if you want to keep it classic:
    [/size]

FOR BROKEN WINDOWS
    www.diamond-glass.tel
    [size]
    Or how about:
    [/size]
    BROKEN WINDOWS?:
    Call DIAMOND GLASS at:
    www.diamond-glass.tel
    [size]
    Or:
    [/size]
    4 BROKEN GLASS:
    Call DIAMOND GLASS at:
    www.diamond-glass.tel
    [size]

Or:
    [/size]
    4 BROKEN WINDOWS:
    Call DIAMOND GLASS at:
    www.diamond-glass.tel
    [size]

Or just:
    [/size]
    4 BROKEN WINDOWS:
    www.diamond-glass.tel
    [size]

Or:
    [/size][size]

Or the "bingo solution":
    [/size]
    WINDOW REPAIR
    www.4Glass.tel
    [size]

And so on...
    .[/size]

Shahid01-01-2010 08:20 PM

Nice Ad Daytonac hope it helps both for your business and .tel i agree with everyone over the http or www
    but i will www.4glass.tel will look more better as many people who use internet never type http unless there is a ssl on it https

Shahid

daytonac01-02-2010 08:34 AM

thanx for all your feedback on this. i did buy diamondglass.tel, to start with, but decided it was to long for my business dot.tel, diamond glass is already listed on several trade type websites in melbourne, and is our registered business name. So wanted to create a different way to find us, whilst at the same time showcasing a simple but memorable dot.tel, hence 4glass.tel, glass.tel being taken, it was the next option i thought, i also bought 4glass.net.au, which should be operational in the next couple of months, in which i will then change my signwriting by adding website address, and www's to both .tel, .net.au, many thanx andre'

Cees01-02-2010 10:52 AM

Van signage

Good onya Daytonac,

Looks really good, I'm with the rest on the WWW. thing, I'm in Sydney and will also be doing something similar having just purchased a new van (the extra 50% rebate did the trick).
    I'm still tossing a few idea's around as I have a number of Building trade related .tels, I'm a tiler and waterproofer by trade, I own itile.tel, waterproof.tel plus another dozen or so and would like to advertise them but I usually find it best to keep it looking clean & simple so maybe just a couple of names.
    Thanks for sharing.

marimax01-05-2010 07:26 PM

What's gonna happen when somebody breaks your window ?

Cees01-06-2010 07:52 AM

I'm about a 1000 km from Melbourne but I'll have to call 4Glass.tel 
    I guess

daytonac01-06-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 4182)
    What's gonna happen when somebody breaks your window ?

[size]
    if it were to be broken tomorrow, i guess i'd google a windscreen repairer to replace it, or if it were in 6 to 12 months, i'd probably go to dottel411 or similar, type in broken windscreen + melbourne, see safetyglass.tel listed and call myself to fix it, being one of my many dot.tels, then i'd also get the www. added to the new sign writing, DC.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 2:40 am