The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Retail Cards out now

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Retail Cards out now Empty .tel Retail Cards out now

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:45 pm

Howard01-15-2010 03:21 PM

.tel Retail Cards out now

1 Attachment(s)
    I know many of you were interested to read about .tel Retail cards in the last newsletter. A prototype version is currently being placed in stores by Webnames. We're also talking to other registrars about rolling this out wider. 

We'll provide more updates on these as they become available over the coming months.

dottel.net01-15-2010 05:08 PM

nice - although shame they are using the old logo. again think we need to get behind the one logo and push hard so its instantly recognisable.

are there any UK registrars rolling this out?

thanks

Howard01-15-2010 05:12 PM

We're talking to a number of registrars as well as new and existing resellers on a worldwide basis. Once we can let you know of other organizations involved in the scheme, we will.

dottel.net01-15-2010 05:17 PM

great - thanks. considering the nature of the card, i'm guessing any one can resell (i.e. pc world for those in the UK) but actual card would need to be tied to a particular registrar? just imagining what having this in mainstream places like pc world or even tesco (?) would do for brand awareness...

Gav01-15-2010 05:52 PM

I think this will be a massive step in the right direction.

If this idea is sold in all nmajor stores worldwide then I think as early investors may have hit the bigtime and reap all the rewards for out effort and belief in this etension

Regards

Gav

boracay.tel01-15-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 4577)
    A prototype version is currently being placed in stores by Webnames. We're also talking to other registrars about rolling this out wider.

[size]
    do the cards come with easy email ? Sorry if this has been asked or discussed already[/size]

Howard01-15-2010 06:21 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with "easy email" boracay. The majority of registrars include support for a .tel email address in the "Settings" section of the control panel. But with all of these you do need your own mailbox to send the email to. 

If the registrar providing the gift cards supports this functionality, then it will be included, otherwise the registrar often has other email solutions they can provide.

boracay.tel01-15-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 4592)
    If the registrar providing the gift cards supports this functionality, then it will be included

[size]
    ok let's say you buy a .tel retail card for "your business", redeem it online and you get a
    yourbusiness.tel website. But when people then ask "and what's your business email?" ...it would seem logical to give them "somethingeasy@yourbusiness.tel"

the settings in cth are mx? A mum and dad won't know what that's about.[/size]

Howard01-15-2010 06:58 PM

You may be right. Some registrars/resellers could feasibly package up a higher value offering which includes their email solution which is auto provisioned for the .tel when the domain is registered.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-15-2010 07:13 PM

I'd love to see an easy-to-use, totally-understandable way to create an email address. The CTH MX nomenclature needs to be changed. Boracay is 100% correct re mum and dad and just about everyone else. Setting up email needs to be real simple.
    Mark

Redirects.tel01-16-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 4599)
    Setting up email needs to be real simple.
    Mark

[size]
    if mum and dad (even this is a stretch), have somehow familiarized themselves already with a yahoo, hotmail, gmail, then a simple "redirect email option" is all that is needed. Surely that wont raise costs of a .tel retail card.

email. : info@mybusiness.tel

makes sense.[/size]

mactel01-16-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 4577)
    I know many of you were interested to read about .tel Retail cards in the last newsletter. A prototype version is currently being placed in stores by Webnames. We're also talking to other registrars about rolling this out wider. 

We'll provide more updates on these as they become available over the coming months.

[size]
    That is a very nice package design, and I like it very much, but it might not be very suitable, nor very successful (only the design, not the idea):
    The package design reminds me of Christmas in the 1940's or 1950's.
    Anyway: Not all people are the same, or the same generation. I believe that the design from webnames.ca might appeal to elder people, with some sort of positive nostalgic memories. 

I am not sure, but for mainstream yougsters, and young people, or people young and up to date in their minds, it probably should be a other design. 
    But I might be wrong, if there is another Fifties revival movement, ready to take off...., but I am not aware of it...

Sure this design is more tasteful and charming, than anything else you get to see nowadays on packages of merchandise.
    But is has to sell, as well.... , and if you will, there is the dilemma...
    It is definitly worth a shot, though. - Or put the package in a museum, as a curiosity, and start over, again, to design a other package. However, from a artistic point of view, totallytel.com / webnames.ca did a very nice job.
    .[/size]

Shahid01-16-2010 09:40 AM

Glad to hear Retail Cards have hit the market..hope it gives a big move to .tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:37 am