The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.telegraph - what would you like to read about?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.telegraph - what would you like to read about? Empty .telegraph - what would you like to read about?

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 5:46 pm

nadya10-29-2009 05:46 PM

.telegraph - what would you like to read about?

Hi all,

We've released a new version of the newsletter, this time it comes in an online version, as well as a printer-friendly PDF

We're always looking for new features and materials, so what would you like to see in the upcoming issues of our information newsletter?

mactel10-30-2009 11:13 AM

I would like to read about:

small green businesses, who are using a .tel domain to boost their business.
    small eco businesses, who are using a .tel domain to boost their business.

- small businesses, who have integrated a .tel "Contact Us" page in their website.

Thank you.
    P.S.:
    Green and eco keywords:
    - wind power (supplies / parts for DIY/ residential systems)
    - wave power
    - tidal power
    - electric cars (manufacturers, networks for charging and supplies)
    - electric car supplies (batteries, parts, chargers, etc.)
    - all sorts of products with green labels

nadya10-30-2009 11:33 AM

Thanks, mactel. Great ideas.

telrific11-10-2009 03:19 PM

I think in general supporters of Telnic and .tel are worried about progress on a grand scale.

Twitter for example is something personally viable first, but professionally unnecessary (though businesses are finding great value with it on a secondary scale).

So, Twitter's success is based upon viral acceptance personally.

Telpages however is something more professionally critical and personally unnecessary (though value personally is also a fantastic technological advance, not done unless necessary by most people).

So, Telpages success is based upon viral acceptance professionally (primarily).

(Personal information required in public needs a place before private data needs a public place)

Businesses professionally (and Individuals professionally) is the key.

I personally would like to see more Professionally driven success stories and applications by Individual and Businesses co-laterally:

For example:

A very simple professional application might draw data from a .tel to create a professional resume.

Perhaps uploadable to Monster or whatever, things like that.

Keep your resume up to date with .tel !

(Resumes are probably the SINGLE most mass volume contact information exchange application)

Simply put, more Business and Individual (Professional) Applications would be great to see !

Acceptance by Businesses as a Legitimate Business Tool or Necessity to Individuals !

Stories that focus on things like that would be great !

mactel11-10-2009 03:40 PM

I think it is too abstract, to talk about Telpages, the way you do:

Because Telpages is not there yet.

It is only a myth, till now. A fantasy.

Why not wait, till Telpages is real, and then prase or critizise it?

One thing is for very sure:

1.) Small businesses will pick up the dot tel domain first.

2.) It will take some time, till mainstream will pick up the dot tel domain, but young Internet userers are already seeing the potential and benefit of the dot tel domain (gaming, and getting found, finding other mates).

It looks to me, that there are way too high expectations on Telpages. Why not just give it a chance to grow and develope: It will only be a child, at first.

Why is Twitter that succssful?: Because you can only drop a line ("tweet"), and communicate that way, and that does not take much of your precious time.

You can take any tool: And if its usage is very simple, and efficient, and if it works fast, it will be a success.
    Same with "communication tools, programms and domains".

That is the whole secret, why tools and concepts, etc., get acceptance and get used by the mainstream and by businesses. 

If mainstream and businesses have difficulty to "grasp" a technology, or a system, or a concept, or whatever, they won't play with it, and they won't pick it up.
    It is that simple and easy.

And if Telnic does not make more efforts, to simlyfie proceedings, handlings, configuring, instructions, manuals, tutorials, for the mainstream, mainstream will be putt off, and only use .tel like a phone number, or to click on a website link, but no more.

telrific11-10-2009 05:45 PM

The question was concerning what we would like to see in the Telegraph.

Applications using .tel data is not a myth nor abstract.

Superbook, Hornet, and others already exist.

Professional applications using the data is also not an abstract concept.

Telpages is not needed for these, it is an application in itself.

I would STILL like to see professional applications using Individual/Business interface.

The non-abstract, non-myth kind of course :rolleyes:

dottel11-10-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 2157)
    I would like to read about:

small green businesses, who are using a .tel domain to boost their business.
    small eco businesses, who are using a .tel domain to boost their business.

- small businesses, who have integrated a .tel "Contact Us" page in their website.

[size]
    Great input mate
    Yes, it would be encouraging to see who are using..[/size]

Shahid11-10-2009 08:07 PM

i agree here , we would love to see who are the end user and big or small organizations ( NpO or Corporate

spline11-19-2009 09:20 PM

I would like to know how many .tels are registered.

Gav11-19-2009 11:58 PM

Me to.

I would really love to read about larger organisations that are actually using .tel for its purpose rather than just purchasing it and leaving it blank.

At lease we could then show all the doubters who ask the same old question -

Ok tell me what large organisations are using .tel - We could give a link to view them.

It would be great.

Gav

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-20-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 2660)
    I would like to know how many .tels are registered.

[size]
    Just visit www.telsites.info for all that have been registered and actually created.
    Those that have been registered but not yet created, ie "pending create" cannot be counted, so it is possible that we would be around 240,000. 
    I update this list daily so check regularly.
    Mark[/size]

Shahid11-20-2009 12:30 PM

i think showing how many are registered in Telegraph will not be a good thing as sometimes it discourages a person, as there are 2 reasons why .tels are not registered so much

1) many don't know about it
    2) people who do so much negitivity is out there people are not yet sure

more over i think telegraph should invite all .tel users to signup for the registration to be aware of what's happening

why would one not want to join ?

1) create competition for .tel onwers ( who are also registered members )
    2) promotions for .tel members ( which are not seen by general public only registered members )

again just a thought 

Shahid

paulza11-20-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 2665)
    Those that have been registered but not yet created, ie "pending create" cannot be counted, so it is possible that we would be around 240,000. 
    I update this list daily so check regularly.
    Mark

[size]
    Khashayar Mahdavi in his interview "The Strategy Web - Tel. domains, the future of digital business cards?" told that they’ve passed a quarter of a million registrations.[/size]

Bill11-24-2009 12:41 PM

--------------------------

dottel11-25-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 2746)
    Anything that helps make money from a dottel I would like to read about.

[size]
    That's ultimate goal :)[/size]

Howard12-04-2009 05:35 PM

November .telegraph

Hopefully you've all recieved your copy of the November issue of the .telegraph. If not, the online version is here, and the pdf version can be found here.

You'll notice some of the suggestions made on this thread have been included, such as tips for directories and the green impact of .tel.

Our thoughts are already turning towards the content for the next .telegraph. Any more ideas as to what you'd like to see covered?

Thanks,

Howard

teltheworld12-04-2009 06:40 PM

Hi Howard

If nothing else please could we have some Color Templates ie Yellow-Blue-Red-Pink-Green which we could use to match the theme of our .Tel names and the rest of the description in purple as per the labeling feature.

As things are the Template just looks rather drab and dated.

RonMunson12-04-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 2442)

Businesses professionally (and Individuals professionally) is the key.

I personally would like to see more Professionally driven success stories and applications by Individual and Businesses co-laterally:

For example:

A very simple professional application might draw data from a .tel to create a professional resume.

Perhaps uploadable to Monster or whatever, things like that.

Keep your resume up to date with .tel !

(Resumes are probably the SINGLE most mass volume contact information exchange application)

Simply put, more Business and Individual (Professional) Applications would be great to see !

Acceptance by Businesses as a Legitimate Business Tool or Necessity to Individuals !

Stories that focus on things like that would be great !

[size]
    Excellent example. I agree 100%. Applications, hardware devices will expose to people some of the power dot tel can offer. :eek:[/size]

nadya01-20-2010 08:15 PM

January issue of .telegraph

Hi all,

We have released a fresh version of the telegraph, which, among other things includes a message from our CEO and a list of priority tasks for us for the next few months. We hope you will find this information useful.

[size]

As usual, for suggestions and ideas for future issues, post right here or email us at community@telnic.org[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 6:09 pm