The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New ideas for a .tel competition

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

New ideas for a .tel competition Empty New ideas for a .tel competition

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:31 pm

maximka02-02-2011 04:02 PM

New ideas for a .tel competition

---------- deleted for privacy because of forum migration ---------

nadya02-02-2011 05:23 PM

Hi Maximka, thanks for your idea. We are always open to community initiatives and creative ideas. 

Perhaps, you could tell us more about this Project competition. Who would qualify to enter, and who would be a strong candidate? How do we distinguish between the weekly winner, which can be any domain that's well built and used for its purposes, and the project winner? Would we ask people to share some sort of business plan or overview of their project? Who wins the competition - the main .tel domain, the owner, or the project name? An example of a great .tel project you'd recommend would be helpful in understanding the details. Thanks again.

maximka02-02-2011 07:29 PM

nadya02-03-2011 11:07 AM

Maximka, 
    I've moved this discussion to a separate thread for more people to notice and share their ideas about this.

dottel02-03-2011 12:30 PM

@Maximka
    nice idea but I believe there should be an award for a program/initiative/site for being creative/new/successful in promoting/helping .tel TLD owners or .tel as in whole..

this encourages ppl to help or take more intiative for their work..

The present .tel of the week is enough for the .tel website award.
    Tel Project Award may be for those individuals/websites (person, website, script, program and other initiative)?

Bunjie02-03-2011 01:28 PM

I suppose that makes it more specific and gives 2 people a chance per week, but are there really enough people doing enough projects to justify twice as many .tels being highlighted per week? won't we run out at some point?

Sure there are plenty of .tels but the developer pool is tiny, apart from that I suppose its worth a go to be a bit more specific in how they're categorized as not just a .tel but a project or similar of the week.

Maybe if we had the ability to flag ourselves as a developer "without duplicate accounts" like some use on the forum then we could see how many are really developing, my bet only 40+ vs how many .tels? 2000? you guys sure did buy allot lol

Perhaps if we had a developer round table of some sorts, we could share skills and churn through each others .tels in order to get the bulk of them updated/working faster.

That could be done with a website that allows us to enter data, like a wiki then the person who owns it can choose if they want to download that data as an uploadable file via (backup and restore) obviously that conforms to .tel tos for data being public e.t.c.

nadya02-03-2011 01:58 PM

Re the wiki and more interaction for developers, there's already a platform you can use http://dev.telnic.org/trac. That has a wiki, so once you register, you can start discussions in the forum and/or create and edit wiki pages.

maximka02-03-2011 02:30 PM

dottel02-03-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 12519)
    but are there really enough people doing enough projects to justify twice as many .tels being highlighted per week? won't we run out at some point?

[size]
    that's why I mentioned "Tel Project Award" and not "Tel Project Award for the week".
    I think award one each month or every 3 or 6 or a yearly award ..[/size]

maximka02-04-2011 08:41 PM

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 9:21 am