The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tel On The Map Facebook App

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel On The Map Facebook App Empty Tel On The Map Facebook App

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:49 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 01:22 PM

Tel On The Map Facebook App

I am happy to announce that Tel On The Map is now officially a FaceBook APP in their directory. It uses the same code as Telview.

And the keyword search feature now works so you can find a beer or shoe store near you - except for the odd time it returns tels without a map entry (Telnic fix on the way to Telpages API). 

Thanks to all the early testers.

Mark

telrific04-22-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14299)
    I am happy to announce that Tel On The Map is now officially a FaceBook APP in their directory. It uses the same code as Telview.

And the keyword search feature now works so you can find a beer or shoe store near you - except for the odd time it returns tels without a map entry (Telnic fix on the way to Telpages API). 

Thanks to all the early testers.

Mark

[size]
    I linked and it shows geo-location failed.
    I set manually, and it holds ... briefly.
    I log out, log back in and it shows failed, starts over.

Is this the 24 hour delay ?[/size]

tony mayo04-22-2011 02:23 PM

Mark
    Tel On The Map works great. 

Will now share it with my Facebook friends.

I got some people to test Telview at different locations in my region where I have directories and all were very impressed, including iPhone users.

Demonstrating the power of .tel like this is a great way to let people see what the domain is all about.

Seems to be lots of interesting .tel developments on the way. 

Once all these exciting apps begin to get talked about, the sales people will soon see the potential of .tel

Great work by app developers, Mark and dottel.net

tindaya04-22-2011 02:42 PM

To me I also work, I write Las Palmas and I see 61 domains in 10 Km, much more than I thought. I thought it was only me with I domain .tel, but are another 61 domains .tel in 10 Km near me.
    The problem is: How can get my location in facebook? because I think this is the interesting.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 04:57 PM

Telrific, I'm wondering if it could be your browser. Telview/On The Map use HTML5 which is fast becoming a cross-device standard for apps. HTML5 supports geo-location which lets apps find where you are. The latest browser versions of IE (IE9), Firefox, Chrome, Safari all support HTML5.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 04:59 PM

Tindaya, are you saying that you that the app doesnt find your location or that your tel doesnt appear?
    Mark

mikeseaton04-22-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14304)
    Telrific, I'm wondering if it could be your browser. Telview/On The Map use HTML5 which is fast becoming a cross-device standard for apps. HTML5 supports geo-location which lets apps find where you are. The latest browser versions of IE (IE9), Firefox, Chrome, Safari all support HTML5.

[size]
    Mark,

I think that may be the problem as I also cannot get a single Dot Tel showing within any distance of Portsmouth (or even London) when I input the location manually - I have tried TelView using IE8 on a development PC and as you say IE8 does not support automatic geo-location by Apps.

But given that many users still have IE8 is there any way you can get this to work if the user inputs the location manually (as myself and Telrific did) rather than TelView only working if IE9 is being used?

If not - it would be helpful if TelView could check the version of IE being used and if less than 9 give a message out to the user advising them an upgrade to IE9 is necessary - ideally with a link to the Microsoft page that contains this.

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe04-22-2011 05:58 PM

Excellent Job Mark- 

Appreciate the app.

telrific04-22-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    May be just that, this PC is using IE8

Might want to make that known on the APPs !

I will update and let you know !

Thanks !

:)[/size]

telrific04-22-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 14307)
    Mark,

I think that may be the problem as I also cannot get a single Dot Tel showing within any distance of Portsmouth (or even London) when I input the location manually - I have tried TelView using IE8 on a development PC and as you say IE8 does not support automatic geo-location by Apps.

But given that many users still have IE8 is there any way you can get this to work if the user inputs the location manually (as myself and Telrific did) rather than TelView only working if IE9 is being used?

If not - it would be helpful if TelView could check the version of IE being used and if less than 9 give a message out to the user advising them an upgrade to IE9 is necessary - ideally with a link to the Microsoft page that contains this.

Mike Seaton

[size]
    Yeah, what you said !

;)[/size]

telrific04-22-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
    Ooops ! Looks Like IE9 Requires Windows 7 - Not Going To Happen Here.

As well, this will likely be the case with Millions of others.

:o[/size]

aliencafe04-22-2011 06:22 PM

Mark, one other thought on the "onthemap" app and the current development- the true value of Geo .tel names has now been displayed. 

With 500 million people on Facebook looking for things to do and things to purchase, in all countries and all locations- this app and others to come will surely increase the value and "attractiveness" to small businesses and professionals who want to be found.

For me searching in Waikiki brings great results from my .tel- hotels, restaurants, taxi's.. These businesses are getting calls, especially the taxi's...

This gives me further motivation to populate more of my Geo's.

regards-

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 06:23 PM

I will add browser detection and warning soon after I find out how to do that. Chrome and Firefox are optional choices to get it to work. As for entering a location when your browser doesn't detect it, you can do that now and press [Set Location] then always press [Go] to get a new map.
    Also you may be getting a message bar that says something about "Share Location" etc. Reply Yes to that.

Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 06:27 PM

Aliencafe, that is the true meaning of being on the map. Discoverability is what it is all about. When Henri publishes his mapping app and hopefully Telnic embraces the power of visualization, .tel will have so much more exposure. I believe Telnic is investigating my proposals for visualization standards, including those for coupons. Waiting for the day when other apps can start showing coupons and offers on the map. You can add coupons now - instructions in the help dialog.

Mark

telrific04-22-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 14315)
    Mark, one other thought on the "onthemap" app and the current development- the true value of Geo .tel names has now been displayed. 

With 500 million people on Facebook looking for things to do and things to purchase, in all countries and all locations- this app and others to come will surely increase the value and "attractiveness" to small businesses and professionals who want to be found.

For me searching in Waikiki brings great results from my .tel- hotels, restaurants, taxi's.. These businesses are getting calls, especially the taxi's...

regards-

[size]
    It's the PERFECT tool to get Facebook to become the MySpace, and TelPages to become the New Greatest Thing !

Needs IE8 support somehow though, will take too long to gain popularity otherwise.

:cool:[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 14318)
    It's the PERFECT tool to get Facebook to become the MySpace, and TelPages to become the New Greatest Thing !

Needs IE8 support somehow though, will take too long to gain popularity otherwise.

:cool:

[size]
    IE8 I'll work on. For social networking we have to show content. Start using the coupon feature to display offers. I've got a FB game in mind using Tel - stay tuned. 

Mark[/size]

tindaya04-22-2011 10:05 PM

I´m the last, in my PC I have IE6, and I can´t change for another thing. But:
    I send my location in the mobile, the business have the location in the domain.tel, telview joint the locations and send the near businesses to the mobile. China mobile design that I can pay with VISA in the domain.tel, and the entrance or the invoce of what I have bouhgt is send by QR code to the mobile And only you can do this with the domains .tel because are all equals, with the anothers domains is imposible. All quickly, automatic, without paper... Perfect.
    Like that I see the future, for that I bought the domains .tel

dotteler04-23-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 14315)

regards-

[size]
    If you read what Henri said about a geo directory.... I think we're getting really close to showing what we got..[/size]

maximka04-23-2011 09:29 AM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

tindaya04-23-2011 11:36 AM

La idea es promociar telview como buscador. Si entras en telview, debe detectar tu posición, aunque para ello debes de tener IE9, o en caso contrario puedes poner el lugar donde quieras buscar, pulsas set location y luego vas a go. Y entonces descubres que aparecen los dominios .tel que estén en esa distancia. 
    Tu ordenador en IE9 manda la posición tuya (¿creo?) por lo menos el móvil debería mandarla. Y luego en los dominios .tel que tengan coordenadas geográficas, pues también está, así que telview se limita a unir coordenadas tuyas, con las de los dominios .tel, y te aparece esa información a la derecha. Piensa que si buscas restaurantes cerca de tu casa, basta con entrar en telview, poner restaurantes y apareceran los restaurantes que tengan dominio .tel y tengan las coordenadas cerca de ti.
    La idea yo creo que es genial, si a esto le añadimos que todos puedan usar la VISA para cobrar y pagar (desarrollo China Mobile) y que las facturas iran por código QR al móvil.
    Y lo de meterlo en facebook es una forma de hacer que se transmita dicha aplicación en forma viral, es decir que si todos nosotros se la vamos mandando a los amigos que tenemos, pues en un tiempo la gente la conocerá y al poderse usar desde facebook pues es una ventaja.
    Personalmente a mí todo esto me encanta, pues lo considero un nuevo modelo de busqueda total y precisa, a la vez que dinámica y libre de cada uno a la hora de poner u obtener iformación.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Tel On The Map Facebook App Empty Re: Tel On The Map Facebook App

Post by Telnic 2014-12-31, 6:49 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-23-2011 01:02 PM

Google translation of Tindaya's message:

Spanish to English translation
    The idea is telview as a search engine promotions. If you enter telview, it should detect your position, but for that you have IE9, or otherwise you can put anywhere you want to search, you press set location and then going to go. And then you discover that appear. tel domains that are in the distance.
    Your computer sends the position IE9 you (do I believe?) at least the phone should be sent. And then. tel domains with geographical coordinates, it is also so limited telview to join yours coordinates with the domain. tel, and you see that information to the right. Think you're restaurants near you, simply enter telview, appear to restaurants and restaurants with. tel domain and have the coordinates near you.
    I think the idea is great, if we add that everyone can use to collect and pay VISA (development China Mobile) and that the bills will go to the mobile QR codes.
    And putting it on facebook is a way of making such application is transmitted in a viral, meaning that if all we are sending us the friends we have, because at one time the people will know and be able to use from facebook it is an advantage.
    Personally I love me all this because I consider it a new model of complete and accurate search, while dynamic and free of each when put or get information's.

maximka04-23-2011 01:03 PM

maximka04-23-2011 01:04 PM

tony mayo04-23-2011 06:05 PM

The lack of IE8 compatibility is a a bit of a problem. I have explained this to my Facebook friends so it will be interesting to see what if any feedback. 
    The keyword option is terrific and look at what tops list in search for 'Equestrian'!
    http://mayotoday.ie/tel/tel_on_the_map.jpg

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-23-2011 06:49 PM

Tony, equestrian.tel shouldn't be showing up for long as it is well outside your 10k radius - we are waiting for a fix to Telpages.
    As for IE8, haven't found a solution so perhaps someone with javascript knowledge can take a look at the script - it's open source.

Mark

tony mayo04-23-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14330)
    Tony, equestrian.tel shouldn't be showing up for long as it is well outside your 10k radius - we are waiting for a fix to Telpages.
    Mark

[size]
    Various keyword searches are indeed finding domains unrelated to search area.[/size]

tindaya04-25-2011 05:19 PM

It´s possible to see one example of coupons? How we can add? How we see in telview?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-25-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 14345)
    It´s possible to see one example of coupons? How we can add? How we see in telview?

[size]
    Coupon examples in our blog and how to add is in the Telview help ... 
    Until a standard is set, if you want to simulate coupon display, create an image of size 300x50 and link it to a web record using a label that contains "OnTheMap". See www.kprobe.tel for an example or view it on the map. 

The key here is to get Telnic to latch on to a standard. 

Mark[/size]

tindaya04-25-2011 09:29 PM

I have created in http://caleruega.tel one web record call "Onthemap" and is to a photo. After that I have gone to telview and when I have write caleruega, in the position 20, was the coupon.
    But I have try to find what have you than in kprobe.tel and I think is not the same.
    I think the idea is very very good.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-25-2011 10:28 PM

Tindaya, yes I found your coupon on the right. For it to appear on the left, see my tip in the help. You need to give your caleruega.tel an address that is more a street address instead of centre of town, as you compete with 20 others tels in the EXACT spot.
    Mark

tindaya04-26-2011 09:48 AM

Perfect and thanks a lot.
    I have created the subdomain http://carniceria.caleruega.tel and I have write: "onthemap oferta especial en ternera" and I have put a photo, with another size (I haven´t the correct size), In location I have selected city and street, and I have gone 5 minutes later to telview, I have written Caleruega and in the position 12 is "onthemap oferta en ternera" and the photo was correct, and in the left, in the icon of the street also was the same photo.
    Now the future will be: how is the SEO of telview? Who is the 1º? In Caleruega.tel: 1º hotel, 2º taller, 3º libros... why that order?

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 12:29 am