The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Ligury.tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Ligury.tel     Empty Ligury.tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:27 pm

mikeseaton08-10-2011 03:06 PM

Ligury.tel

Ligury.tel - nicely developed Tel of the Week, someone has put an awful lot of work into this directory!

One thing missing though IMO - phone numbers when you get to the target information page. There are plenty of links to web sites, but since most web sites are not written to display properly on mobile phones, it does mean this directory is mainly of use to non-mobile users rather than those who want to make a phone call immediately.

Still a great improvement on the many directory .tel domain names that are currently empty of content.

It's a shame no-one has yet come up with a professional-looking Parking Page useable by .tel owners until they have the time to develop each individual site's content - any software developers have any ideas how this could be done - given that you have to specify Telnic's nameservers for all (non-China registered) .tel domains?

Mike Seaton

dottel.net08-10-2011 04:51 PM

@Jens - as great an idea as that is (I for one would really like that), it's not possible as the only folks that could do this are the individual registrars. Some already populate a tel post registration with links to their own domain services. Would be great if Telnic could get them all to agree a standard post registration parked page that would help promote tel.

dottel.net08-10-2011 05:07 PM

would hope telnic chime in here with the official position on this

Blunderer08-10-2011 09:43 PM

We don't need a parking page (or new templates) as much as we need the ability to load mobile viewable image ad codes through the CTH. This would enable everyone to monitise, or just personalise their own .tels with content that was specific to the domain name, or the owners preference. This would surely be a major incentive to personal/business ownership; the generation of greater numbers of registrations? Who really wants Google Ads?

Blunderer08-10-2011 10:37 PM

@Jens,

"... but that is already realized" 

Not for mobiles.

"...and will be also available in the control panel soon!"

Not through the control panel, I'm told.

Blunderer08-11-2011 01:23 PM

@Jens,

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know you can display a mobile viewable image ad on a .tel if you are clever, or use a third party tool but, how many unskilled individual/business owners do/would want to get involved in this way? 

I think .tel would be more attractive to individuals if they could insert a mobile viewable image ad code/other image link through the control panel - preferably a different ad code for each sub-folder (and logo also). In this way they could easily and quickly add value to their .tel themselves. I can insert an Adsense code. Why not the other? Aled has told me there are no plans to enable this, only text ads.

If Telnic want the man in the street to take an interest in the product then it has got to be easily usable by the lowest common denominator (currently me, It would seem).

I have watched the debate about making .tel more attractive but cosmetic improvement mainly applies to the desktop view, and I always understood that mobile, quick and cheap to download and self maintainable, was the name of the game.

From what I've seen, applying a coloured banner to the existing subdued mobile view can be like turning on a light in a dark room. They leap off the page - precisely what they are supposed to do.

I fully appreciate the effort that has been made, by many members of this forum, in developing helpful tools, and freely giving of their expertise and knowledge, and I can see that a lot of people have benefitted however, I can also see that these are people who already posessed more than a rudimentary understanding of the process.

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 8:39 pm