The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Weather forecast for Spanish cities (tiempo.tel)

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Weather forecast for Spanish cities (tiempo.tel) Empty Weather forecast for Spanish cities (tiempo.tel)

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 1:39 pm

Mals09-29-2011 01:58 PM

Weather forecast for Spanish cities (tiempo.tel)

I picked up a dropped domain in June and created the tiempo website in the Spanish language.

You can see weather forecast for Spanish cities. Information is updated 4 times a day automatically.

meanieme09-29-2011 02:37 PM

how do you update .tel content automatically? i thought it had to be inputted manually via tel control panel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-29-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanieme (Post 17806)
    how do you update .tel content automatically? i thought it had to be inputted manually via tel control panel

[size]
    Find a related RSS feed for your region and use Telmasters Feed My Tel tool to update several times a day.

For example: weather.yorkregion.tel is updated 4 times a day.

Mark[/size]

boracay.tel09-29-2011 04:02 PM

Mark is it possible yet to have twitter feeds show up in the tel ads right side area? My first few new to .tel arts n crafts customers are liking the simplistic table layout, one contact piece after the other, but have asked why are their twitter feeds mixed in with that area? They want to show their lates tweets, but also, is it possible to have image ads (created by being fed) from their lates flikr uploads?

As I'm seeing, these craftsy types are always posting new photos and tweeting about new materials and products. It's a massive user base. I'm getting some really positive feedback about .tel

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-29-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 17814)
    Mark is it possible yet to have twitter feeds show up in the tel ads right side area? My first few new to .tel arts n crafts customers are liking the simplistic table layout, one contact piece after the other, but have asked why are their twitter feeds mixed in with that area? They want to show their lates tweets, but also, is it possible to have image ads (created by being fed) from their lates flikr uploads?

[size]
    Yes both are possible. I have a couple of dynamic test images at ads4.tel. Top image is my current tweet while right image has current time of the server and background images. However, feeding from other sites takes time so such images could take a couple of seconds to render after the tel content renders.

Mark[/size]

aliencafe09-29-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 17802)
    I picked up a dropped domain in June and created the tiempo website in the Spanish language.

You can see weather forecast for Spanish cities. Information is updated 4 times a day automatically.

[size]
    Mals I cannot get a forecast for Ibiza or other areas. ??[/size]

tindaya09-29-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 17802)

[size]
    Very interesting, but is posible to change the register to see in a map? I don´t remember if is possible or not.

I have created to check a map of tiempo.tel and I have put the map in: http://dominiotel.blogspot.com/2011/...en-espana.html

And will be very, very interesting if in the line up will be the weather. Will be perfect to see, only in one map, the online weather of Spain, and with the domain .tel

http://dominiotel.blogspot.com/2011/...en-espana.html

Any ideas?[/size]

boracay.tel09-30-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17815)
    Yes both are possible.

Mark

[size]
    Ok, how please? 
    1. I need the twitter tweets to be clickable either as text or image ads (to be shown in the right sidebar area)
    2. I need the most recent (1 or 2) uploaded photos from their Flickr photo streams (to be shown as image ads, again in the right sidebar area)

thank you mark.[/size]

Mals09-30-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanieme (Post 17806)

[size]
    I don't use any ready-made tools for this. I just asked my son to write a script to take updated information from a weather forecast website.[/size]

Mals09-30-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17813)
    @Mals

Very nice idea!

Why I don't get a forecast at all locations, e. g. Ibiza?

[size]
    Thank you.

Our script takes information from another source for all cities, except for 4 locations including Ibiza. Information for these excluded locations is presented in a different, more complicated way, so our script is unable to use it - we will have to think of how to modify the script.[/size]

Mals09-30-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 17819)
    Very interesting, but is posible to change the register to see in a map? I don´t remember if is possible or not.

I have created to check a map of tiempo.tel and I have put the map in: http://dominiotel.blogspot.com/2011/...en-espana.html

And will be very, very interesting if in the line up will be the weather. Will be perfect to see, only in one map, the online weather of Spain, and with the domain .tel

http://dominiotel.blogspot.com/2011/...en-espana.html

Any ideas?

[size]
    Interesting idea about the map. However, I don't know how to implement this.[/size]

tindaya09-30-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals (Post 17837)
    Interesting idea about the map. However, I don't know how to implement this.

[size]
    Is a very useful tool of Telnic, only you must write: 

[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-30-2011 09:47 AM

Just put Sunny !
    everybody now it always Sunny in Spain!

Mals10-01-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 17838)
    Is a very useful tool of Telnic, only you must write: 

[size]
    Thank you. I can't insert the map via iframe, so I just added a link to the map for el tiempo en España[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)10-01-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 17834)
    Ok, how please? 
    1. I need the twitter tweets to be clickable either as text or image ads (to be shown in the right sidebar area)
    2. I need the most recent (1 or 2) uploaded photos from their Flickr photo streams (to be shown as image ads, again in the right sidebar area)

thank you mark.

[size]
    1. I have an experimental facility that takes the most recent tweet from any twitter account and displays it as an image. However it is not possible to change the link destination immediately. 

2. That same facility can use a background image and overlay with text and could be extended to get an image from a dynamic source. But the link associated with the image is static, ie can't redirect the click immediately.

Mark[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 11:26 am