The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Celebrities in Internet

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Celebrities in Internet Empty Celebrities in Internet

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:14 pm

Serg09-05-2012 05:03 PM

Celebrities in Internet

celebrities.tel - new site (in English)
    The site can vote for celebrities. (Use the Google + button on the pages of celebrities). The rating will be updated weekly on the basis of the number +. Tracks the position of the favorites!

Like the idea?
    I hope the site will help in promoting the technology.

Serg

tony mayo09-05-2012 08:31 PM

Well done Serge.
    Very clever use of .tel with a nice social feel to it.
    I particualrly like your use of Home button and Back to Top.
    Just shows the potential for this domain if the shackles were removed to let innovation blossom.

boracay.tel09-06-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 25501)
    Well done Serge.

I particualrly like your use of Home button.

[size]
    Unfortunately, this also exposes the lack of options.
    Even for such a simpe idea as a quick icon based link to the home page! I have about 10 tabs opened after clicking around serg's site.

telnic added an update/upgrade click to template 8 large photo recently.
    So changes are possible.[/size]

dutchstreetdog09-06-2012 08:06 AM

Nice site Serge
    Is it posseble to vote from within your DotTel ?

tindaya09-06-2012 08:26 AM

and how do you know how many votes have each celebrety??!!!!

tony mayo09-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 25502)
    Unfortunately, this also exposes the lack of options.
    Even for such a simpe idea as a quick icon based link to the home page! I have about 10 tabs opened after clicking around serg's site.

telnic added an update/upgrade click to template 8 large photo recently.
    So changes are possible.

[size]
    I should have pointed that out the tabs issue.

Sooner or later Telnic has to allow the creative developers we have on this forum a free hand to transform this domain - otherwise it will wither on the vine.[/size]

Serg09-06-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 25505)
    and how do you know how many votes have each celebrety??!!!!

[size]
    in Google Chrome extension can be set and you can see how much + given on each page. Google + is convenient because you can add one and then can be removed, and the fact that 1 vote = 1 account (in contrast like - Facebook and Twitter)[/size]

tindaya09-06-2012 10:19 AM

I understand that the botton home is a simple image. but I don't understand how get de numbers of votes and put in the head????

Serg09-06-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 25509)
    I understand that the botton home is a simple image. but I don't understand how get de numbers of votes and put in the head????

[size]
    Not quite understand you. The "Home" is not related to voting.
    Try clicking on the Google+ pages of actors - your voice will be considered on Monday. (rating is a gross basis)[/size]

tindaya09-06-2012 10:53 AM

the votes are writing in the domain .tel manually or automatically?
    if is manually is very hard, and if is automatically is very great. for that is si important the doubt

tony mayo09-06-2012 11:27 AM

You can even blog - with nice urls.
    http://freetime-freesat-boxes.satellitetv.tel/

Serg09-06-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 25512)
    You can even blog - with nice urls.
    http://freetime-freesat-boxes.satellitetv.tel/

[size]
    this is other idea (format)[/size]

Serg09-06-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 25511)
    the votes are writing in the domain .tel manually or automatically?
    if is manually is very hard, and if is automatically is very great. for that is si important the doubt

[size]
    manually

1. monitor and change is not very difficult (maybe I'm hard-working?: Rolleyes:) is estimated from 20 minutes to 60 minutes per week (depending on the number of changes)
    2. do not see how you can fully automate the (partial automation does not make sense)
    3. at this stage the automation of this site does not really matter.

What is the use of automation when the site will be an unknown? 
    Ie Automation of this website does not add users, it only relieves me a bit, but I still need to work in a manual that would be "in process"
    Automation is worth doing if you make changes on-line - until this point do not see.

While Planned Activities other improvements that I have already planned.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-06-2012 01:22 PM

The problem with the "Home" button is that even though it links back to the same .tel, the image links are treated as external links. This is an issue for many of my sites that link back to same.

Aled, can a change be made to have the proxies automatically stay on the same .tel when an image link doesnt switch domains?

Mark

boracay.tel09-06-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25516)
    have the proxies automatically stay on the same .tel when an image link doesnt switch domains?

Mark

[size]
    A very good compromise.
    Perhaps go 1 further and apply to "same or any other .tel"

Just like how the standard contact links currently treat a .tel link (the link stays to the SAME window)[/size]

Serg09-06-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25516)
    The problem with the "Home" button is that even though it links back to the same .tel, the image links are treated as external links. This is an issue for many of my sites that link back to same.
    Mark

[size]
    In fact, not a problem with links SEO, I have a lot of sites have such buttons (home), there are sites on which to search for more than 20 thousand people every month, and take in its subject all the first place in the high-demand.
    Improvement of navigation I still Nadya Morozova said.
    In Russian it's easier to explain what can be done easily by writing in Telnic now and not trying to.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-06-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serg (Post 25519)
    In fact, not a problem with links SEO, I have a lot of sites have such buttons (home), there are sites on which to search for more than 20 thousand people every month, and take in its subject all the first place in the high-demand.
    Improvement of navigation I still Nadya Morozova said.
    In Russian it's easier to explain what can be done easily by writing in Telnic now and not trying to.

[size]
    Sorry, didnt explain myself enough. It's not an SEO problem. It is the fact that clicking such opens up your .tel in a new window even though it is the same .tel site. Clicking a text or image ad with the same .tel should be treated like a "Go To" whereby the new page is opened within the same browser tab, not a new browser tab.

Mark[/size]

Serg09-06-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 25520)
    Sorry, didnt explain myself enough. It's not an SEO problem. It is the fact that clicking such opens up your .tel in a new window even though it is the same .tel site. Clicking a text or image ad with the same .tel should be treated like a "Go To" whereby the new page is opened within the same browser tab, not a new browser tab.

Mark

[size]
    Totally agree here - but this is not news. Have to choose, if you do not do the buttons, no one at all will not come home (because 99% do not know where to click to go home). The principle of "Agree or not do"[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 5:33 pm