The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Warning to Domainers

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Warning to Domainers Empty Warning to Domainers

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:28 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-16-2013 03:27 AM

Warning to Domainers

From a recent post re pending .GAY TLD ...

I do love Domainers.
    They are good to party with.
    They are clever guys.

I just do not want to see ANY SINGLE ONE of them near any of the TLDs that I will ever create.

To put it more clear: In my eyes one of the core reasons of the deep failure of all to date new TLD’s are DOMAINERS.

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/01/15...dead-domainer/

I will soon have some interesting statistics about where we are with the .TEL TLD to back up the claim that domainers that do not develop their domains can ruin any TLD.

Mark

ntervu01-16-2013 09:15 AM

Mark...

Thanks for sharing this article. .Tel has challenges as a TLD with one being the mindset of what it represents. Unlike any other TLD on the planet, .Tel domains are "Ready to Go" platforms that "Old School" and "Want to Be" Domainers have not sync'd up with. Can they damage .Tel. Yes. Short Term Only. Why....

Domainers are typically depicted as Logical - Technical - Engineering - Greedy people that leverage "Replication" models and aftermarkets (parking templates, etc) to boost a domains value. And the business community knows this.

To domainers all non.Tel TLDs operate in on a digital level to the Real Estate market. Thus leaving a disconnected internet in its path by attempting to dress up domains to pull in revenues.

.Tel (if I have anything to do with it) is going to meet an Aggressive business community that will not be denied their place to lead the market with Value Add. .Tel domains unlike other domains are operational business units that require unique deployment and management strategies to be effective. Failure to put time into a .Tel domains development is like opening a store in a mall and never opening the doors.

In the domainer world this is okay. In the business world, I believe that business is going to find a way to work around the .Tel domainers and/or flush them out by outspending them into bankruptcy. .Tel is not a game. It is a game changer that requires thought, thought and more thought. 

Business leaders have Vision. If they do not get what they need, they step back and formulate strategies to win around the obstacle. They are well connected in many disciplines and will "Ride and Die" their way to achieving the success of the Vision. No is not and Option. 

Just my 2 cents.

Dan Prather
    www.danprather.tel

dialaroom01-16-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntervu (Post 26494)
    ... .Tel is not a game. It is a game changer that requires thought, thought and more thought. 
    www.danprather.tel

[size]
    Great to have your "2 cents" as you put it, and for someone with your reputation to be a part of this forum. Thanks. (Intrigued to know what was in the sentence you edited out.)[/size]

ntervu01-16-2013 03:28 PM

Also left the following response on the TelTalk forum to address user replies:

Respectfully...

If "Thought" aka thinking out a plan or course of action to run a Tel oriented business is a problem. Then being in the TEL business may not be a right fit for some.

The TEL foundation may be difficult to those who only see it as a "Quick" way to make "Quick" money. 

Unlike a .com or any other TLD -- .TEL does provide a structure to work with. 

Like .com or any other TLD -- .TEL "Requires" effort to make it work and appealing to a captive audience. With a .com you need to have Authoring among other necessary skills to be effective. Less than 98% of the websites on the web are responsible for 10 percent of GDP growth being driven by most of developed business driven sites on the internet (McKinsey & Company, 2010).

The growth and success of this ecosystem is up to those business leaders that recognize the benefits not distractions from those not willing to put in the extra effort, investment and time to plan and execute an effective business model based on this technology.

TEL registration numbers have no bearing on the success of the ecosystem. They are nothing more than a distraction for those with "One foot in a and One foot out" to use as leverage in an effort to incite a reaction from others. Why? Only those people know. And for those that jump on the bandwagon, it will be a long miserable ride for them. At the end of the day, serious business leaders are moving forward with their plans and regardless of the incitement by few, they with grow successful Tel oriented ops (with or without some) in the background because they are "Solid" and have a plan.

As far as complaints go, that is a sign of failure to communicate a clear plan, value proposition, and the necessary business elements that address a broader strategy. Cost breakdowns, Schematics, Data Models, Value Propositions, Quantitative Analysis, Patents, Pseudo Code, Risk Planning, Charts, etc... 

So developers may need to partner with business people or strong project managers that know how to compile a business and use case. Would be interesting to know what Registrars are "Dis Gruntled?" Without names and dates, the statement that they are "Complaining" is subjective at best and could be viewed by business leaders as an action to incite actions from others.

At the end of the day, we need to stop pointing the finger at the toolmaker and come together with solutions that work based on "Extensive Planning" NOT ideas.

Thanks

Dan Prather
    www.danprather.tel

supercyberheroes01-20-2013 01:54 PM

@dan prather, I agree with most of your points, but not all, I believe you are behind telpowered, so hope this will be a new starting on .tel businesses.

Regards
    http://ideal.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:26 am