The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Hibu

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Hibu                      Empty Hibu

Post by Telnic 2015-01-01, 3:39 pm

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-12-2013 08:55 PM

Hibu

Good to see around 200 new registrations for Hibu (Yell). Some initiative happening. Hopefully, unlike the past efforts, these will result in renewals. Hibu needs to follow up with customers. Most Hibu sites are unpopulated due to bulk loading, expect content by end of week.
    Mark

Blunderer02-12-2013 11:43 PM

How will this help us - can we compete with Hibu/Yell's marketing power? 

And where does it leave TelPages - our USP?

Associating with regional yellow page providers, at the expense of TelPages, shatters our almost uniquely integrated business.

The problem now is that .tel and Telnames are not reconciled through the search function, and there is a need for a group search function (to support local directories, or brands; activities).

My problem has never been worry about the number of sites sold, it has been about the lack of supporting search functionality, and the lack of a back button, and perhaps a separate, dedicated block of six or so additional admin folders for my business contact details - so that I can use all 100 existing folders for customer related links (I can't use the keyword info section for live links, and the display order of records is unpredictable - so admin items have to take-up and be mixed with customer records/notes/folders). 

With these types of issues addressed, we could keep Telnames within an entirely Telnic directory system.

Simon G02-13-2013 02:03 PM

Agree with blunderer,
    The search facility both in .tel and telpages and group search is something I've been waiting for for almost 2 years .

I appreciate direction has changed somewhat with the introduction of telnames but I can't help feeling the tel product is half finished or even half started with out it. 
    As it is semi working currently it puts out a poor impression of .tel, telnic and those who populate directorys.
    All in my humble opinion.

Simon G02-13-2013 02:07 PM

On a note, I'm sure my grumbling could be seen as the procrastinating mindset of a want to be directory builder. 
    However I don't believe any project should be started when the main tool to be used is half finished, untested and inspires no confidence in its current state.

Blunderer02-13-2013 03:21 PM

Well, TelPages certainly finds results - I show a link to it on all my sites. The problem is that the field is now too wide. I can invite viewers to search within a directory (excluding Telname content) but, if the service required is not available in that directory, there is no easy way I can point them to a location a few miles away. They have to take pot-luck with global results in TelPages.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 7:18 pm