The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

say.tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

say.tel      Empty say.tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:46 am

dotteler07-02-2009 04:50 PM

say.tel

Since the new iPhone release utilizes voice commands, I'd like to explore developing say.tel as an application for iPhone whereby you'd be able to access addresses in the directory via voice command, even if that address wasn't in your own iPhone presently. In other words, access the .tel directory outside your own phone, to find .tel addresses you know, or find listings.
    If you just heard a radio spot in your car for pizzatown.tel you'd be able to just speak: pizza town dot tel and the application would access it for you!

Is that too far fetched?

Gav07-02-2009 05:55 PM

Think the idea is great, I love it.

Probably a bit far to fetched though, but who knows maybe one day.

Great thinking though.

Regards

Gav

Shahid07-02-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotteler (Post 379)
    Since the new iPhone release utilizes voice commands, I'd like to explore developing say.tel as an application for iPhone whereby you'd be able to access addresses in the directory via voice command, even if that address wasn't in your own iPhone presently. In other words, access the .tel directory outside your own phone, to find .tel addresses you know, or find listings.
    If you just heard a radio spot in your car for pizzatown.tel you'd be able to just speak: pizza town dot tel and the application would access it for you!

Is that too far fetched?

[size]

Mr. Dotteler 

i m quite impress by your idea and i think it can go far..very far i am not a programmer neither a designer but sure believe in development and as far as that is concerned.

incase you want to discuss the idea or something would love to work on it as well

Shahid[/size]

john07-06-2009 04:47 PM

don't think this is too far fetched - voice recognition is already available and been in phones for many years.

trick is writing an app that picks up the voice command and performs the query using the usual soap apis and hey presto. just need a whizz iphone developer to help you

RonMunson07-14-2009 04:23 PM

Voice recognition and dot tel

The idea is obviously going to happen down the road. Many people have thought the same thing including myself. Microsoft and Google are investing a lot of money into voice recognition and it has come a long way. Dot tel in my opinion is the perfect platform for this.

The way I see the future of this idea is you pick up your phone, click on one button that directs you to your Dot Tel OS and from there you say into your phone what you want. If I were to say Gold, the system should automatically search for results that come come closest to what I just said into the phone. So there will have to be a step where the user will look at his phone and see a list such as:
    Gold
    Gould
    Good

etc. The user will then click on the result that he was looking for which will be 9 times out of 10 the top result.

I see voice recognition definitley being a piece to the .TEL puzzle down the road. There is also other really cool ideas on Dot Tel Registry in which they talk about a voice recognition system for GPS.

For this example you are driving in your car and you want to reach a person. If you verbally tell your car 'CoquitlamSafeway.tel', the car could repeat all matches until you tell it 'YES' or 'REPEAT'. At this point the GPS would instantly click in guiding you in the right direction.

What has gotten people so excited about .TEL is the fact that each Dot Tel represents an entity. My company should have a Dot Tel and I may have a completely different one. Google loves it and has been giving Dot Tel weight on search engines because it helps them identify these identities and how they connect which helps them drive more applicable results on their search engines.

It also opens the door that we can start guessing companies or services on the fly. For example Long Distance :eek:

nadya07-14-2009 04:38 PM

Voice recognition has been on everybody's mind for quite some time now. So far, few systems can get it right. If you haven't seen it yet, here's Webnames commercial on the 411 dialing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ema7uixOp0Q 

.tel offers you an easy way to get contacts and avoid the voice recognition hassle

However, when the audio-recognition systems improve, we can certainly hope to see .tels using them.

Triton NW07-14-2009 05:07 PM

Hello Ron
    I look forward to seeing what you do with longdistance.tel. I am in the telecom industry and am trying to find the right fit for 800number.tel, t1providers.tel, mpls.tel. PM me if you have any thoughts on a partnership.

RonMunson07-15-2009 07:55 AM

Hi Triton I have exactly the solution for you. How do you intend on getting traffic to these domains?

I'll contact you shortly as soon as my workload decreases. Do you have a personal .TEL?

Triton NW07-15-2009 03:19 PM

Hi Ron,
    Of course.

joeb.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 6:35 am