The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel and barcodes

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel and barcodes Empty .tel and barcodes

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:47 am

nadya07-10-2009 05:53 PM

.tel and barcodes

An idea: some barcodes, at least the 1D usual ones that we get on everyday goods, often have a number on them. Why not put that on a .tel? 

With a unique barcode and 'Bring this to the store and get a 10% discount' make the .tel your new voucher, and in your mobile too. 

Similarly, ISBNs can be published in .tel as literary references or to promote a new book. 

Indeed, there are many ways that .tel domains can play with numbers

OnSpec07-13-2009 03:20 PM

Im looking to incorporate this into condos.tel.

Cheers,

nadya07-13-2009 08:08 PM

Looking forward to seeing your project, OnSpec

RonMunson07-14-2009 04:02 PM

Excellent idea. I noticed some really cool creative ideas on this page also such as a voice recognition gps system that ties to dot tel.

Tel Domain Name Registry

telfriend08-23-2009 01:05 PM

haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 513)
    Excellent idea. I noticed some really cool creative ideas on this page also such as a voice recognition gps system that ties to dot tel.

Tel Domain Name Registry

[size]
    Speaking of voice recognition...whenever I try and ring paypal, it becomes insanely annoying as the voice recognition they use fails to recognise what I say (maybe it's the kiwi accent, not being compliant with U.S accent for which it was built, lol. Anyway, .tel will gladly see an end to voice menu's...did anyone see that vid made by webnames.ca on this very theme? :cool:[/size]

RonMunson08-23-2009 06:59 PM

Voice menus can be annoying and .tel definitely offers the advantage that a user can look at a list rather than wait for a menu to be read out by a computer.

However, I see the value in voice recognition as an entry point to enter a .tel. For example if I say 'ticket master' into my phone and get ticket master from there I can use the .tel menu features. The biggest barrier to using devices today without a proper keyboard is typing the domain into the keyboard available. In some instances such as driving the user doesn't have the advantages of his hands and eyes where voice recoginition gains value even if it isn't accurate. There is a fine line in how what people will take and in the case of the Webnames video I have definitely been there more than a few times.

Microsoft and Google are working hard to perfect this feature and in the last five years you can see that it has definitely advanced. If you try Google 411 you'll see a vast improvement over previous systems.

My feelings are that if we as humans can differentiate different words in speech it will only be a matter of time before a computer systems can.

henri08-24-2009 09:23 AM

I for one would instantly update my iPhone .tel app Superbook to utilise the "voice typing" feature as soon as Apple makes it available in the SDK.

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 1:25 am