The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Display Advertising Protocol

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Display Advertising Protocol Empty Display Advertising Protocol

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:47 am

OnSpec07-08-2009 08:08 PM

Display Advertising Protocol

In an effort to profit from our .Tel investments, and with the input of fellow Telsters, I designed the TelCartel Protocol - a standardized set of display advertising guidelines that are simple, scalable, equally suitable for directories and personal and business sites. 

Advertising Revenue Challenges

Telnic imposed technical limitations and traditional web-based hypertext linking methods create challenges in .Tel. Some companies are developing ‘click thru’ advertising systems whereby links embedded in .Tel sites, when clicked, take the end user to the advertised site. Unfortunately, early offerings can have long unsightly URL strings that clutter the site, improper placement of ad links, ad links that have unrelated connection to the domain and severe keyword overkill. 

Is There a Better Way?

For many of us that don’t have the time, money and technical expertise to design software solutions, we have to make the best use of the tools that come packaged with all .Tel domains. I’m almost embarrassed to say that those tools have been there from the beginning and that I am only just now seeing them for what they are and the power they enable.

So What Are These Power Tools?

Creative use of text, and;
    Select placement of contact links packaged with every .Tel domain

The TelCartel Protocol includes self-defined text strings, select placement of contact links, combinations of text and contact links and strategic use of keyword customized text (made possible with the http://promoting.tel Quick-update tool).

The concept is demonstrated on our first directory – http://condos.tel. Directories are prime candidates for widespread adoption and over time, potentially significant profit centers. 

TelCartel Protocol (ver.1):

• Home page headers are designed to welcome the user and reinforce/ confirm the sites content. Header ‘tags’ are never placed on the home page
    • Maximum of 20 directory links on the home page
    • Maximum of 2 custom text units on the home page
    • Maximum of 1 header tag in any sub-folder
    • First 2 contact links in any sub-folder are reserved for the advertiser that purchased the header tag – ‘Tagteam’
    • Maximum of 20 directory links (or 12 contact links in sub-folder 1 as req’d)
    • Maximum of 12 contact links in sub-folder 2 (hierarchical pricing)
    • Maximum of 3 contact links per person in sub-folder 1 (or 2 as req’d) 
    • Sub-folder 1 or 2 “own-the-page” exclusives are available on a select basis
    • 3 or more sub-folders triggers reconfiguration (.Tel a/or Tel.com)
    • Administrator review of all text prior to placement
    ad units shall be totally and contextually relevant to the domain or subfolder

Ad Units and Placement Rules

Header ‘tags’: Header tags are text strings positioned at the lower portion of header separated by at least 1 open line (new paragraph) from the introductory text above.

Directory links: are created by the Administrator in concert with the .Tel domain subject and target audience.

Contact links: are the native contact options (phone, web, email, fax etc.) available in the contact information section in the Telhost control panel.

Custom text units:

• includes a descriptor label and up to 255 characters of text
    • positioned in the keyword section
    • Telnic induced ad-hoc rotation

Here are 2 example sites, our display advertising and another provider’s click thru version. Be sure to test both of them on your computer and on your mobile phone.

Our site: Condo.tel example: http://condos.tel >> Toronto >>> downtown

NOT our site: Cosmeticdentist.tel: cosmeticdentist >> kims-cosmetic-dental-studio675-to-n-m-plastic-surgery764 >> lynn-duncan-permanent-cosmetic720

Profits from .Tel display advertising will only be realized if:

• Substantial traffic is generated and;
    • Advertisers can measure and verify traffic statistics.

In order to be taken seriously as a bona fide advertising vehicle, the TelCartel Protocol must incorporate professional tracking and reporting systems. We’ll continue to test several products to find the one that best extrapolates information from .Tel domains.

Summary:

As part of the TelCartel Protocol, I created an advertising spreadsheet that describes the condos.tel site elements and the number of ad units available to be sold to advertisers broken down by page and sub-folder. If you’d like a copy hit me up at sercom at gmail dot com.

We are still very early in the game. Only time and mass end user uptake will dictate which systems work best and ultimately generate profits. It is my understanding that Telnic and others are looking at this as well. It would be great if they all dove-tailed into a best protocol solution (or variations) for all Telsters. 

All constructive criticisms, rants, raves are invited.

dotteler07-09-2009 02:25 PM

Without a payoff, i.e. being able to click to something, will anyone find value in placing ads on a .tel?
    I know that a lot of people have gotten into the .tel game assuming as much.

OnSpec07-13-2009 03:18 PM

I'm speaking to several real estate agents about advertising on condos.tel and the initial feedback is positive. 

Initially I'm selling the ads at low cost and strictly as display advertising with no guarantees in reference to traffic. 

The payoff is the "click" to their chosen contact link(s) to their personal website, email, phone or specific listing.

I'll update as the process continues.

Cheers,

henri07-13-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotteler (Post 480)
    Without a payoff, i.e. being able to click to something, will anyone find value in placing ads on a .tel?
    I know that a lot of people have gotten into the .tel game assuming as much.

[size]
    Ummm... everything is clickable: not just web links, but any uri including phone numbers.[/size]

Dafuco090108-29-2009 02:06 AM

Hello,

thanks for sharing information and providing newest news for us, i'm going to read your forum more keep updating it.
    meilleur taux voiture simulation credit auto pret automobileUne simulation credit auto instannee et facile ici si vous avez une voituremeilleur taux voiture simulation credit auto pret automobile

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 8:14 am