The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Active Profiles

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Active Profiles Empty Active Profiles

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:56 am

Bunjie12-20-2009 02:26 PM

Active Profiles

I think we need two "active" default profiles that work with the proxy page, one that you can add for:

1. Mobile
    2. Web

[size]
    Add your mobile links and will show only when a mobile phone hits the proxy page.
    Add your web links and will show only when a anything else hits the proxy page.

Thus all problems with what kind of links to add is solved as you can add both versions without over cluttering your page.

From a google seo point of view, they don't like you showing something different to the search spider and something else to the visitor.

That is something Telnic would have to sort with google for .tel.[/size]

nadya12-20-2009 05:44 PM

Hi,

It's an interesting way of thinking, always great. My concerns would be: 

iPhones and other smart devices; we've had a lot of feedback about those larger-screen mobiles being capable of handling better-quality pages, so do we count them as mobiles (per traffic economy) or as normal browser
    - Opera Mini and other mobile browsers [/B ]that reroute traffic, so the proxy is hit by a request from a normal browser, not a mobile browser; 
    Deviation from the DNS; so far, all that you see on a .tel page is stored directly in the system, no cheating, no URL masking, only reliable content; with content filtering based on device, do we store a flag for each contact item, whether it's shown on a mobile or not?
    Client software; requests from iPhone, BlackBerry and other client apps go straight through the DNS, no proxy; do they get content from both profiles? or mobile only, since they're using on a mobile device?
    Auto-filtering or manual settings; in other words, does the proxy decide whether content is mobile-friendly, or is that the task for the owner? Neither would make the choice that would be ideal for every visitor. 

I would be cautious about rendering of different content depending on the device. After all, the visitor should be able to decide which contact items to use. We can surely help by tagging contacts as mobile-friendly to encourage usage. Other opinions welcome.

Bunjie12-20-2009 06:02 PM

Hi nadya,

I forgot the proxy page is for web only, I will have a think about what you said then reply in a bit.

mactel12-20-2009 07:55 PM

I think, tagging contacts as mobile-friendly, would be very fine, and very helpful, at the moment. I can't think of anything better, right now.
    Perhaps, we could be able to tag website links as mobile-friendly, if they are, so that you don't get a "non-go", with try and error, when clicking on a non-mobile-friendly website link (hoping it is a mobile-friendly website link). - Quasi: What you see, is what you get, without fruitless attempts to see a mobile website / mobile content.

Redirects.tel12-21-2009 12:44 AM

Bunjie, great input to this forum! The iPhone is a game changer, and that was shown 9 months ago to telnic re proxy graphical layout. Other handsets capable of similar desktop rendering.

At least it's on the table....

mactel12-21-2009 09:51 AM

The iPhone is only one phone, within the new generation of smart mobile phones. Other manufacturers are catching up: Same big screen/panel, same functions, etc.
    Furthermore, they are cheaper than the over priced iPhone.

If Telnic can offer apps, software, etc., that is compliant on any smart phone, but that is not only fucused on the iPhone, that would be good.
    As people will be buying some other brand and model, than iPone/Mac, for reasons of a better relation price to value for money. 

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:14 am