The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel translator

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel translator Empty .tel translator

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 2:57 am

Shahid08-24-2009 11:16 PM

.tel translator

Hello,

since .tel is multi lingual why not have a bar on side of every .tel or a map of a country to translate the page right away to the language required.

lets say i was on a .tel domain and it spoke Russian or German and i didnt know it all i had to do was just click on the uk/us flag or choose English int he language bar and see the whole page in English, wise versa for other people who don't know English and want to see .tel in different language

it can be connected to google translator 

its just a suggestion.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-24-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 1136)
    Hello,
    since .tel is multi lingual why not have a bar on side of every .tel or a map of a country to translate the page right away to the language required.
    its just a suggestion.

[size]
    This is an interesting suggestion since a tel might not be in the language of your viewer yet you want them to use it. Since we cannot embed something like google translate script ourselves, doing so is up to telproxy to support. Perhaps at bottom and to left of vcard link you could offer a translate icon (whatever that international symbol would be).[/size]

Howard08-25-2009 08:49 AM

Good suggestion Shahid. 

I don't think using Google translate would be an option for languages that we don't yet support, as it often provides a rather confused translation which would provide more problems than it solves. Having the option to change language in the proxy page could be usful to many, however.

For those who aren't currently aware, the TelProxy page is currently available in the following languages - English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The site will default to your browser language. If you wish to view in a different language just change your browser setting and refresh the page.

Shahid08-25-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 1140)
    Good suggestion Shahid. 

I don't think using Google translate would be an option for languages that we don't yet support, as it often provides a rather confused translation which would provide more problems than it solves. Having the option to change language in the proxy page could be usful to many, however.

For those who aren't currently aware, the TelProxy page is currently available in the following languages - English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The site will default to your browser language. If you wish to view in a different language just change your browser setting and refresh the page.

[size]
    Thanks Mark and Howard,

sorry for the misconception i guess over here, as i m not a programmer or anything i don't know how it goes about but i just suggested it on basis of ease, how would you find if tomorrow you would be on .tel that is French or Spanish rather then english.

anyway i know telnic will come out with a way but translator is something to be looked at for the global demand in .tel as it support various languages in the control panel i think a translator should be that much of a headace either :)[/size]

dottel08-25-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 1140)
    Good suggestion Shahid. 

[size]
    To access the via browser is great, but if I change the language in my browser will that not change language on all the browser buttons too?

Consider a developer/seo is working for a .tel and its in Foreign language.
    I just want to read the stuff in side the .tel site and not to change my browser buttons and stuff.[/size]

Howard08-25-2009 10:14 AM

No - it's just the browser content that is changed. Your buttons in your browser bar etc stay the same, so you can easily change back when you have finished "testing". Give it a go and see it in action.

Shahid08-25-2009 10:28 AM

i think if its something done both for mobiles/smartphones and pc use that would be something, since .tels main intention is to be a mobile based or communication based so it would be nice if the same options also work on phone like 

Blackberry Bold 

Iphone and many more

henri08-25-2009 10:50 AM

on the iphone, whether using Safari or Superbook, you'll see it localized.
    I'm finalizing (today) a localization of Superbook in french, russian, and german.

Shahid08-25-2009 11:51 AM

cool henri sounds good, i would be happy if something interactive application like that can be made for blackberry.

dottel08-25-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahid (Post 1149)
    cool henri sounds good, i would be happy if something interactive application like that can be made for blackberry.

[size]
    I would be happy to see if this is made at root level.
    I browse from china using a china mobile and I am prompted with a message "this is site is in english do you want to view in Chinese?, click ok to view in Chinese or cancel to view in english".
    ;)[/size]

Shahid08-26-2009 10:14 AM

Exactly dottel, that is what i meant by translator if a person is browsing it through any medium one can opt for language change right away it should but only iphone or blackberry or browser

tel4rent12-17-2009 08:45 PM

I just found this thread and i think it is very very interesting...really like the conversation.

An option to translate the content would be superb. Translate the content on the fly. See Maktoob

I would like to bring the attention to telnic about arabic / english language. Both languages are widely use in the middle east and simultaneously. Lots of web site offers their content in both language and arabic web content and web sites is growing very fast. 

Recently yahoo bought Maktoob (a jordanian arabic content provider http://en.maktoob.com/) because they believe in the market. If you choose arabic language when you access the web mentioned above, you will notice that not only the site is totally translated in arabic but also the text direction has moved from right to left including the icons.

In my testing for arabic / english on the dot tel, i have noticed the following:
    1- arabic is entered from left to right;
    2- the display of the language is left to right (it does not shift right to left after entering the data);
    3- the icons are not being shifted to the right;

You could see what i mean on this web site www.mparking.tel (i entered non meaningful words)

I may have missed something in my testing. Hope it helps.

Be well.

tel4rent12-18-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 3477)
    I just found this thread and i think it is very very interesting...really like the conversation.

An option to translate the content would be superb. Translate the content on the fly. See Maktoob

I would like to bring the attention to telnic about arabic / english language. Both languages are widely use in the middle east and simultaneously. Lots of web site offers their content in both language and arabic web content and web sites is growing very fast. 

Recently yahoo bought Maktoob (a jordanian arabic content provider http://en.maktoob.com/) because they believe in the market. If you choose arabic language when you access the web mentioned above, you will notice that not only the site is totally translated in arabic but also the text direction has moved from right to left including the icons.

In my testing for arabic / english on the dot tel, i have noticed the following:
    1- arabic is entered from left to right;
    2- the display of the language is left to right (it does not shift right to left after entering the data);
    3- the icons are not being shifted to the right;

You could see what i mean on this web site www.mparking.tel (i entered non meaningful words)

I may have missed something in my testing. Hope it helps.

Be well.

[size]
    Hi Howard,

Posted the above message and wondering if arabic language direction would be addressed in the near future.

Many thanks.[/size]

Howard12-21-2009 12:31 PM

Hello tel4rent,

Thanks for the suggestion. As mentioned in my reply to your mail, I've made a note of your comments and, like all the suggestions we recieve it's something that we will certainly discuss internally.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:44 am