The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Here's a Little Beauty Aid to Typing, folks!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Here's a Little Beauty Aid to Typing, folks! Empty Here's a Little Beauty Aid to Typing, folks!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:14 am

WilliamTelz03-11-2010 04:39 AM

Here's a Little Beauty Aid to Typing, folks!

Any possibility of adding a character countdown function to the text input areas of CTH, such that when typing, the average dot-tel owner can see a display showing how many/few letters & numbers remain?

I feel sure everyone would find this very handy when adding editorial content directly into the text header field, for example. I know from first hand, because keeping track of 255 characters isn't my forte :p while typing & composing SEO & Customer-friendly keyphrases.

Now I realise when doing it in bulk with all those great Dot-Tel population tools, this doesn't apply, but I'm (as always) thinking first of our .TEL customers; the people in the street who want it easy, fast, friendly, simple.

Especially when they're on the go, smartphone in hand, in the middle of the Panama Canal or Sahara Desert or Virgin Galactic spaceflight, wherever.

What do you reckon, Telnic Techs?

telrific03-11-2010 04:45 AM

Great idea !

nadya03-11-2010 02:19 PM

The countdown is already introduced for keywords, and we are planning to add it to text header and other fields as necessary as part of the control panel redesign later this year.

TELnew03-11-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTelz (Post 6566)
    Any possibility of adding a character countdown function to the text input areas of CTH, such that when typing, the average dot-tel owner can see a display showing how many/few letters & numbers remain?

[size]
    Character countdown feature is available for titles, headers, text adverts and custom text in TELcp - .TEL control panel athttps://www.telcp.com/online

Regards[/size]

WilliamTelz03-11-2010 03:51 PM

Character Countdown revisited, by a blind man typing!

Sorry, Nadya, it's after midnight here in Oz, & either my eyes are tired or I'm going blind.

Which "Keywords" field do you mean; the Free Text field? Or Note field?

I can't see any Character Countdown DISPLAY; you know, like 255...254...253...etc all the way to ...0 as I type keyphrases.

Which one where, please?

PS TELnew, thanks for letting me know about your 3rd party TELcp having that function. I'll get to that soon to check out. :cool:

nadya03-11-2010 04:03 PM

Yes, I mean Free text and Hobbies keywords, there's a countdown there.

Triton NW03-11-2010 04:05 PM

When you type as poorly as I do, you need to use Word for the spellcheck and counter. Then cut and paste. Accurate count (with spaces) as well as spellcheck

WilliamTelz03-12-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 6612)
    Yes, I mean Free text and Hobbies keywords, there's a countdown there.

[size]
    You know, Nadya, that's great! I never noticed it in "Free Text" because it's not been critical for me with the few bits I've had to type there—before I ran out of steam from boredom. I haven't used it as much as others have, I see now.

And "Hobbies & Interests"; let me check that out now...hmm...will you look at that! 255 character countdown. Just what the doctor ordered!

Yes, please, I, BRENT WILLIAMZ, Username WilliamTelz, hereby officially signoff on that one! Perfect for the person on the street, using .TEL as their very own Primary Point of Contact. Good on you, Telnic Techs :D

enthusiastically look forward to its being implemented in the aforementioned 255-character-critical fields because that's where, for me, I'd find it the most helpful, time-critical, non-interruptive to my typing thought-flow, if you know what I mean?

Again, thanks for (nearly) second-guessing me on this one, mate. Do well. Cheers.[/size]

WilliamTelz03-12-2010 02:13 AM

Addendum to counting characters!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 6613)
    When you type as poorly as I do, you need to use Word for the spellcheck and counter. Then cut and paste. Accurate count (with spaces) as well as spellcheck

[size]
    Haha, mate, I've been doing something similar with MY Dot-Tels but I tell you, I'm mentally worn out flicking between program windows. :eek:

(Microsoft, there must be a better way, like a slide-out mini-wordprocessing "notepad" area in all programs, always there.)

PS Triton NW, thanks for "befriending" me. I've been backreading a few of your posts to learn from; good stuff. Cheers.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 2:31 am