The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Hot give away idea

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Hot give away idea Empty Hot give away idea

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 3:16 am

Cees03-28-2010 03:07 AM

Hot give away idea

OK Telnic.org
    Have a look at this brilliant idea, is this worth while doing? can you do something similar.

http://creativity-online.com/work/ik...showroom/17962

Cheers 
    Cees

JLouisBiz03-28-2010 09:15 AM

Nice. And nice to win some furniture.

But TEL domains are not furniture. Nowhere in the video say "how many people" and if there were any new sales of the furniture based on Facebook "promotion". I know and see there were gifts, free furniture.

The purpose of promotion and marketing are sales. If the only purpose for promotion becomes promotion, that does not lead to end results.

Sales are measured by statistics.

Now, back to your proposal:

Do you think you could start such a promotion with free TEL domain for your company? As anyone can resell TEL domains. You can sign up for telsweepstakes on CJ.COM and earn some commission, or you can signup with some of domain registrars to resell TEL domains.

By checking out such a promotional action yourself, you can know and see if it actually works. Nice video says long nothing about the actual sales.

Cees03-28-2010 09:34 AM

C'mon Louis, 
    You could come up with something along these line, not selling furniture perhaps, however my understanding is that your'e able to sell fridges to Eskimo's:)
    Cheers

JLouisBiz03-28-2010 09:54 AM

Promotion is of course good thing to do. And well, Sweden, such a large country, furniture manufacture there is well priced.

I have not heard of other furniture company in Sweden giving away the furniture as a promotion. Maybe because some other furniture companies don't have spare children for a factory, to produce cheap furniture for promotional purposes. IKEA was using children to produce stuff, later they made large promotional campaign to turn around the situation to basically become fighter for children's rights. Double moral. 

But don't think that furniture in video is produced in Sweden, by Swedish hands. They would then never give it away.

Telnic is a company which has larger responsibility and works on higher level with different marketing channels. So far they don't sell directly TEL domains, as they are sold by domain registrars.

And regarding promotion, there are already free promotions in the value of cheap foreign worker made furniture.

http://www.yceml.net/0284/10762524-2.jpg

Everyone gets US $200 worth in services by simple purchase of a single TEL domain by that program. Just about the value of a nice piece of furniture made by Philippines woman.

Further, there is drawing with a prize of US $5,000.

TELNIC is working with registrars and large technology partners, and that work drives TEL sales. It is government for TEL domain business. You don't usually ask government for free bucks, right? 

Registrars work with people and companies and sell them TEL domains. I did not hear registrars giving away domains for promotion. It is like purchasing bottle of beer. You don't ask barman to give you one for free. 

But give-away is maybe good for companies on the end of the chain, selling TEL related services or other services. For example a web hosting company shall offer free domains with some hosting services. We sell business services, and sometimes we give away TEL domains to clients. Usually, they purchase additional domains, once they realize the value on search engines. 

Some clients pay for different service, and they get promotion on 10-20 TEL domains for free.

So, yes, when your friends invite you for a free beer, that makes image to them.

dotteler03-28-2010 04:59 PM

the thing not to miss about the idea: use of facebook.
    if you watch trends and notice that FB outpassed google recently, you'll know what i mean.
    can .tel be used to 'tell' people things? the persistent data model that .tel represents is a great platform for pertinent real time information, but people actually need to populate such to make it so.
    what we actually need to answer: why would people use .tel today? we seem to be having a difficult time coming up with the real answer.

JLouisBiz03-28-2010 06:24 PM

I am certainly working on it.

Cees03-29-2010 09:50 AM

I guess I should have been clearer, I was attempting to highlight the power of leveraging Face Book, and not the actual giveaway, although that model would probably work in some instances.
    BTW not all Ikea products are made in 3rd world Countries.
    Cheers

JLouisBiz03-29-2010 10:44 AM

Yes, definitely, we shall see how to embed TEL domains into many social networking websites.

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 8:41 pm