The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Rules-based proxy

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Rules-based proxy Empty Rules-based proxy

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:01 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-19-2010 01:53 PM

Rules-based proxy

This is an idea to personalize the page or content that is initially displayed when a user visits a .tel domain. Personalizing a tel page to meet the needs of the visitor makes a domain more attractive to a visitor. The idea is to home in on why the person visits your page and present more specific information first. If you can detect why a person is visiting your page, you can keep their attention.

Rule 1 - Geo detection 

changes the initial page based on geo location: if a user visits a tel from a known location, display the subdomain page for that location. Suppose I am in Toronto with my mobile phone and type bakeries.tel. The proxy jumps to toronto.bakeries.tel automatically.

Rule 2 - Search query detection

changes the initial page based on the search keyword: if a user visits a tel as a result of a search query, display the subdomain page for that query. Suppose I type "bars in Toronto" and visit bars.tel. The proxy jumps to toronto.bar.tel automatically.

Rule 3 - Geo+Seach combo

A rule that combines search keyword plus location, could take you to a more detailed subdomain.

Rule 4 - Image changes

Changes the logo image based on the detected location or search query. Suppose you have a generic domain like shopping.tel and you get a visit via the query "flowers". The rule would cause a flower image to appear instead of a generic logo.

How Rules Work:

In the root DNS for the domain, have TXT records that embed rules. The proxy gets the geo location from the cell provider or IP. It also knows the search query from the incoming server data. The proxy reads these rules and applies logic by checking for a match between "geo" rule or query rule and makes the adjustment to the content and subdomain displayed. 

Something worth thinking about?

Bunjie08-19-2010 03:19 PM

Makes things even faster, and .tel was extremely fast to begin with. Great ideas.

Cees08-19-2010 08:44 PM

I think Blunderer may be interested in some of what your saying in another thread, sorry I cant remember where.

Blunderer08-19-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 10663)
    I think Blunderer may be interested in some of what your saying in another thread, sorry I cant remember where.

[size]
    Hi Cees, it's good to know I'm not the only one that forgets where I am? lol

http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1430 )

Anyway, as I understand it, Mark's suggestion relates to the result of actual searches on a generic name .tel which is open. My suggestion relates to a quicker means of accessing sites that are frequently used, in the first place.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-22-2010 03:32 PM

Extend the geo detection to Tel Ads so that tailored advertisements can appear based on rules. One rule could handle hundreds of different variations to a single ad. Change the ad text to suit the locality. 

Extend the search engine keyword detection in the same manner to provide ads based on what the visitor has searched.

Rules could also be applied to change the product code in an affiliate link as well.

Rules allow for a very powerful and intelligent content manager to be created.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:58 am