The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Please run an official secure .tel MX server

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Please run an official secure .tel MX server Empty Please run an official secure .tel MX server

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:12 am

Bunjie11-01-2010 04:59 AM

Please run an official secure .tel MX server

After them tinkering with my forwarders and MX data or idk what they have done as I am no longer able to receive emails through my .tel email addresses, I don't trust my registrar to maintain a working email forwarder service anymore.

As the point of .tel is communications please run an MX server because I'd prefer Telnic who run my profile on the .tel (proxy) with what seems to be 99.9% up time to be able to run a mail server as well, other than being reliant on a registrar who has now broken all my emails that go through my .tel domains.

I don't mind paying a little extra for this service, all I require is the ability to create email forwarders from my .tel domain control panel and the ability to over ride the API so it never changes.

Perhaps you could even use it to allow emails to be sent from .tel to .tel with a form of encryption.

Offering us and those professionals you wished to use .tel a form of encrypted communications that give us greater privacy.

The last few days has opened my eyes as to how important an MX server is and how fragile my email can be while it's prone to being lost or sent somewhere else or possibly even hijacked (If my api key was stolen).

My main point is I did what you expected us to do, one profile, one email for all stuff like

Email = msn as well as email which looks better communication wise.

The problem being that everything I have goes through one email address and is now broken.

I'm still waiting for a Mr fix it reply from D***** M******.

In the meantime I'm hoping you will put on the table the possibility of having a official .tel MX server, so we don't have to be reliant on registrars who have issues understanding why they broke things.

And perhaps even have some of those email messages sent through it show up in the control panel for various purposes in the future.

I think it would be interesting if it had a filter and backed up important emails in our .tel control panel, then alerted us when we visit a .tel page or .tel site that we have a email waiting that is marked important, or maybe even have the control panel send us a DM on twitter about it.

Anyway to the point? .tel = communications, 3rd party registrar = weak link, official .tel MX = logical service add on.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)11-01-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 11412)
    Anyway to the point? .tel = communications, 3rd party registrar = weak link, official .tel MX = logical service add on.

[size]
    Sure would simplify the complications of setting up email for a .tel - a usually painful process (eg Gmail instructions) if you don't already have a website. Try to convince a small business to buy a .tel after they ask about email. I've had to forward domain emails through my own server. Not an ideal situation. 
    Mark[/size]

dotteler11-01-2010 07:30 PM

.tel email is a way overdue addition. It's not very valuable having a domain if you can't easily have yourname@your.tel email.
    Open ID and email and .tel are made for each other. Then you truly do have a single point of reference online, which .tel claims to be.

Justin Hayward11-01-2010 07:46 PM

As a Registry, we are not permitted to provide registrar services. It's just one of those things. Whilst there may be issues every now and again, registrars do set up and manage email services.

Thanks
    Justin

rgolds11-03-2010 09:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your MX problems, Bunjie. It might help to switch to name.com. I've been using them for years, and they have great security features and responsive support.

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 6:22 pm