The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Designated subdomain or Top level forwarder.

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Designated subdomain or Top level forwarder. Empty Designated subdomain or Top level forwarder.

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:16 am

Bunjie12-21-2010 03:48 PM

Designated subdomain or Top level forwarder.

Say I want to share a long link on Twitter, I could go to bit.ly like everyone else which brings me nothing but a few stats and a short URL.

But what if by owning a .tel of my username "bunjie.tel" I can shorten links on it, there for branding those links as from myself with my own reputation and not a generic bit.ly that people might feel less inclined to click.

So I think we should for the purpose of pushing .tel into social networks, and giving us another api tool we can put in apps for personal use only, the ability to shorten a URL that links back to our reputation on our .tel, and dumps stats into the control panel.

So I own bunjie.tel > If I pick my sub domain in the control panel as url.bunjie.tel

I can then api spit out links like url.bunjie.tel/url-shortener or just from the top level bunjie.tel/url-shortener

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-you...ke-short-urls/

Bunjie12-23-2010 07:00 AM

If you did this we can have one of those forwarders we put adverts in on the top bar, 5 sec or click to skip advert.

Which if we're giving out files of our work (free) it's worth it for a little extra income.

dottel.net12-23-2010 10:50 AM

bunjie - i really like this idea and am surprised nobody else has commented. think it has merit but appreciate it's probably not on the tel roadmap to be considered/delivered anytime soon.

great ideas - keep them coming

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 6:44 am