The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

redirect domain.tel to do-main.tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

redirect domain.tel to do-main.tel Empty redirect domain.tel to do-main.tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:27 am

riendetel03-19-2011 06:39 AM

redirect domain.tel to do-main.tel

i wish i could redirect mydomain.tel to my-domain.tel, auto-redirect i mean...

Bunjie03-19-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riendetel (Post 13476)
    i wish i could redirect mydomain.tel to my-domain.tel, auto-redirect i mean...

[size]
    I would like this as well, because I moved my data to another .tel and usualy we would do a 301 redirect so we can keep search rankings e.t.c.[/size]

dottel.net03-19-2011 10:43 AM

redirection of a tel to another tel is a useful feature. Telnic could we have this on the roadmap?

The most common case would be redirecting singular, plural and hyphen'd version to just one...

TELcp03-19-2011 12:46 PM

Yes. This feature to redirect would be very useful.
    At present registrars offer only renewals and transferring out.

Telnic should consider providing this feature to all tel domains either through CTH or allow through registrars. 

- TELcp

tel4rent03-19-2011 03:00 PM

I agree too! Good to have future

thanks,

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)03-19-2011 03:16 PM

Yep, would be nice to have, even at the subdomain level too.
    Mark

mikeseaton03-19-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 13478)
    I would like this as well, because I moved my data to another .tel and usualy we would do a 301 redirect so we can keep search rankings e.t.c.

[size]
    Yes please Telnic - definitely worth adding to the roadmap.

Mike Seaton[/size]

RonMunson03-23-2011 05:38 PM

I agree also this would be a handy thing. However I would make a strict rule that a .tel can only be redirected to a .tel. You don't want to break that rule because people that are surfing or looking for .tel should still stay on the .tel technology highway.

Someone expects a .tel when they type a .tel into their browser and will be disappointed if it redirects to a hosted website that takes time to download.

Where it would be handy is if you owned a business such as NewYorkAccommodation.tel and a common spelling mistake such as NewYorkAcommodation.tel is regularly typed in. That way you can forward directly your traffic without losing a portion of your billboard/magazine advertising.

mikeseaton03-23-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMunson (Post 13615)
    However I would make a strict rule that a .tel can only be redirected to a .tel.

[size]
    Good point - surely it would be quite easy to add a "redirect to" field in the Settings box in the CTH - obviously that would only work if redirection was done at the domain level and was not required to be specified by subdomain.

Careful thought would have to be given about whether to use a 301 or 302 redirect - for those unfamiliar with the difference:

301 Permanent Redirect A to B = use B instead of A forever and deindex A 
    302 Temporary Redirect A to B = use B instead of A for now, but ask again

A 301 will pass on the SEO link juice but has the downside that the original domain gets deindexed and there will be a time-lag (may be substantial, is undefined and will vary by search engine) before you can get it indexed again should you decide to re-use or sell it.

On balance, a 301 Permanent Redirect would IMO be the best bet for .tel redirection because of the SEO benefit - though we could of course be given the choice in the Settings box..

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-11, 10:51 pm