The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel QR venture! QR gravatars: QR yard signs pointing to .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel QR venture! QR gravatars: QR yard signs pointing to .tel Empty .tel QR venture! QR gravatars: QR yard signs pointing to .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 4:40 am

dotteler05-19-2011 04:32 AM

.tel QR venture! QR gravatars: QR yard signs pointing to .tel

I'm wanting to set up a reseller account whereby people can get a .tel, create a QR code that points to it, and then be able to utilize it for whatever purpose they find. A reusable QR since you simply update the .tel.
    I realize this isn't that new, but with the artsy angle of what a QR can look like and where you can display them seems to be bringing more attention to them versus them being replaced by NFC and so forth that some were suggesting.

I see the QR to .tel as a great value. Imagine using the QR on a sign in your yard to sell your house. Or the QR in a car window to sell your car.

Why not just type the .tel? What is it about the QR that makes it better or worse?
    http://juliusalbert.com/wp-content/u...5/homesign.jpg

dottel.net05-19-2011 08:56 AM

in the uk the QR code appears to be widely adopted now. many newspaper, mag, etc ads carry a qr code at the bottom. its all about market awareness and adoption, QR seems to have cracked it so your packaged idea would seem like a very good offering

tindaya05-19-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotteler (Post 14753)
    I'm wanting to set up a reseller account whereby people can get a .tel, create a QR code that points to it, and then be able to utilize it for whatever purpose they find. A reusable QR since you simply update the .tel.
    http://juliusalbert.com/wp-content/u...5/homesign.jpg

[size]
    How and where can we create our QR code?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 14764)
    How and where can we create our QR code?

[size]
    I've had it for at least a year for .tel business cards ...

[url=http://www.nametag.me/qr-code-dot-tel-business-cards.php?y=tbc1&t1=YOUR company&t2=www.yourcompany.tel&f=p&tf=imprisha&tc=purple&m=1]http://www.nametag.me/qr-code-dot-te...&tc=purple&m=1[/url]

I'll find some time to create a standalone version you can use.

Mark[/size]

Justin Hayward05-19-2011 01:58 PM

It's very easy to create a QR code using http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 14770)
    It's very easy to create a QR code using http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

[size]
    Actually that's perfect. They give us a dynamic URL, eg ... kprobe.tel that fits 250x250 right side image ad ...
    http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&...www.kprobe.tel[/size]

Blunderer05-19-2011 04:11 PM

Justin,

Do they have to be hosted somewhere? How would I get one to display either in the logo area of the heading or, in one of the side (or future top, on mobile) ad boxes?

dotteler05-19-2011 04:58 PM

The point I'm trying to make: a platform whereby this combination is offered: the name registration, the QR code creation, the adding the image to your .tel (if you wanted), the ability to order the additionals like bus. cards, sign riders, yard signs, etc.
    This seems like it would be a good business.
    I'd like to find help in creating it.
    It would be able to become a reseller platform.
    I have interactiveID.co which I think would work well with it.
    I'm setting up QRazy.SO for the project right now.

Is there another entrepreneur in the room?

Cees05-20-2011 06:21 AM

Mark,

I'm aware of your long held position on QR and respect your views, are you able to shed any light on "Microsoft Tag" in your view a good? bad?.
    Below in quotation marks, a bit of info for those not familiar with Microsofts offering.

Linking real-world objects to deeper experiences on mobile phones started in Japan with QR Codes. Microsoft Tag provides a next-generation solution that offers many useful improvements. Tag is an end-to-end system that provides many capabilities beyond simply opening a URL, and is built upon a highly scalable and flexible architecture.
    The Tag system uses a cloud-based back-end that provides access to data that just isn’t possible with earlier QR codes, such as reporting on how frequently and where your Tags are being scanned. In addition, Tags allow you to dynamically change your data source – unlike other 2D codes that are associated with a single, permanent URL, Tags can be updated as frequently as you like to point to new websites, allowing you to reuse campaign materials.
    Tags can be created in a much smaller size and can be read faster and under a wider range of lighting conditions. Tags can also be customized to your brand’s specific look and feel, creating visually exciting codes that enhance your message and brand. Learn more about creating*Custom Tags.
    The Tag Reader application runs on all major phone platforms, and unlike older formats, every Microsoft Tag can be read by every Tag Reader, so there is no consumer confusion from incompatible solutions. Tags just work.

dialaroom05-20-2011 08:03 AM

QR codes have been around for quite a while, with lots of different scanners that don't all work on all phones.

The newer microsoft tag will is a High Capacity Color Barcode or so microsoft call it, and having the backing of microsoft is being hyped in the USA rather more, it does have the capacity to be smaller and was designed to be picked up by most phones even if a little blurred or poor quality. It can also be customised with different backgrounds.

That being said, I prefer the QR, perhaps because it is nearer to the bar codes every product uses, however I don't think the Tag will go away. Whats just as good of course is a memorable URL. Not sure why you'd want to put one pointing to your URL on your web site, or .tel though.

dotteler05-20-2011 04:28 PM

I think it's about packaging a service, in this instance for Real Estate, whereby the app is the reader and tour creator. I'm calling this Snap.SO
    You're correct.. there are issues with codes being universally read. That's why a reader that works with this particular pool of codes being created for .tel will be useful.
    ScanLife, for instance, boasts the widest read for their codes.

Cees05-20-2011 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
    HOW TO: Make Your QR Codes More Beautiful

http://mashable.com/2011/04/18/qr-code-design-tips/

dotteler05-24-2011 02:53 PM

Two opportunities for white label have resulted: idintity & realty-qr, both would pose a great addition for .tel or other domain sales.
    Is anyone positioned to be an equity player in acquiring these. idintity will be retooled a bit, but will offer the product sales. realty-qr would become hometours.tel/.co

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 11:01 am