The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.Tel hub for social media connectivity?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.Tel hub for social media connectivity? Empty .Tel hub for social media connectivity?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:02 am

Geo03-26-2012 12:04 AM

.Tel hub for social media connectivity?

When I look at a .Tel and see the various social networking and media icons, online gaming or photo sharing links, etc... I can't help but dream of seeing TEL becoming the central hub and go to point for those wishing to get connected to the world. 

We all know the technical dream of .Tel to become the premier connectivity hub and replacement for Telephone numbers in this day of VOIP and online interactivity, but in order to achieve such a dream, isn't it necessary to gain popular traction and identity as a central social media hub?

In an earlier post I showed a screenshot of what Namechk offers in terms of allowing people to do a quick check on username availability amongst a bunch of the most popular social connectivity sites. I think Telnic should become a supercharged version of Namechk... so to establish the TEL brand as the hub of connectivity and communications ... reaching out to the masses on a social level in addition to whatever technical evangelizing they are currently doing. 

Something has to be done to make .Tel go viral, and that by definition involves a social outreach.

I feel that if Telnic offered such a platform in which a user could view the panorama of social options out there, it would be very attractive just for that reason alone... to find out what is the latest, the most popular and best of breed... all based on the input of the visitors. In other words, take the populist route, to achieve household brand recognition... as a hub, or a place to go to... and then place the .TEL identity right in the middle of that hub so that no one can miss it and what it stands for.

Is my vision making some sense? ... I'm only just scratching the surface of what I'm imagining.

Let's say that I want to check out the latest photo sharing sites... I would come to the TEL hub and see there in a quick and easy presentation what they are, how many users they have, what are their strengths and features, reviews, as well as discussion forum with other .TEL owners. Think how Amazon has established a community simply around its clients' reviews of Amazon books. Many people go to Amazon just to read the reviews on an author or book or product. But where do they go to get connected in general? 

I say make TEL front and center... become popular and it will provide leverage to the dealing on the technical and business front with telcos, VOIP providers, etc. 

http://apcmag.com/images/namecheck-620.jpg

Geo03-26-2012 12:10 AM

Then provide easy attractive tools to engage and interface the various social media sites and networks... all through our own .Tel - with very easy options for establishing private networks as well as public networks... 

TEL should be in the middle of the picture:

http://kikolani.com/wp-content/uploa...onnections.jpg

Becoming More Accessible on Social Networks

Geo03-26-2012 12:14 AM

TEL where are you??

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l5j_vhIr_w...orks44142o.png

Geo04-03-2012 07:22 AM

Bump... I guess I'm alone on this one.

TELcp04-03-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21618)
    Bump... I guess I'm alone on this one.

[size]
    Hi Geo,

You are not alone!

Anne Helmond has created this image in May 2009 - .tel had just started for anyone to notice big time.

And FredCavazza.net created the image on 9 June 2008 - .tel NOT yet arrived at that time.

However, .tel can do all what you mean.
    Only thing is it has got limited icons in its image store.

:)[/size]

TELcp04-03-2012 12:49 PM

Just thought of adding this for everyone to understand the .tel little better.

The .tel is much more than just a Social Media.

When you go through the resources available at Developer Area, I hope, you will find what is actually .tel is. And what it can do for the social media.

Cheers!

Geo04-03-2012 05:16 PM

Thanks for making this at least a discussion TELcp... I now realize that perhaps I didn't explain myself very well so far, and that explains why no one has responded to my idea.

You are right, and I fully understand that Tel is still new to the world and so hasn't become a major piece of the social media/networking big picture... yet. That's why I put this topic into the Tel dreams section. And I've also been through the developers area - I realize that Tel has a lot to offer, including the potential to revolutionize the way we connect... this is all well and good... but the problem as I see it is that along the path of history many good technologies have lost in the race to lesser rivals. And in a way that's what I'm trying to address with my idea here... the issue of gaining popularity through reaching out to where the people are, rather than just expecting the people to come to our super new technology. The people don't care about technology; they care about the fun stuff that technology can do for them. 

So for starters, I'm saying that .Tel has to be fun - super fun. It should be fun to play with the features such as inputing pictures or video and seeing it all work just the way it should... it should be fun to be able to select from the many icons associated with the many social networks and tools out there... so instead of a small selection of icons, which don't even include many of the biggies, the user should be overwhelmed with a choice of icons, and lead the user to a process of discovery. Tel should be a gateway for the whole world - all the various different languages and social circles and bring everyone together. When I log on to Tel, I should feel like I'm plugging into the world, and entering an exciting gateway to literally thousands of social groups, tools, etc. 

My dream for Tel, is for it to be the hub of all things social on the web. It won't become that by itself. Why? Because there is competition - the Facebooks, and Yahoos, and Googles want to become the same thing - they want to rule the web... and they are achieving that. But to be frank, I don't like that these companies are becoming the dictators and architects of the matrix so to speak. They do not have our interests at heart, but their own bottom line. I see Tel differently - hopefully it does too. 

So in order for Tel to not only reach it's potential, but also to become the social grand central of communications it has to have that viral outreach. I think it can only do this if it embraces the many little players and elevate them, and not just reach out to the mega big social powers that be. For starters, create a system that highlights social circles such as Pinterest, so people can discover them and desire to connect to them... but not just Pinterest - the hundreds and thousands of other small niche circles out there in the many different languages. 

The big hope of Tel is not in the big players, but in drawing in the many little players... currently hidden in the shadows of Facebook and Google. And it's not just the hope of Tel, it's the hope of the internet. The domination of the internet landscape by a few giants is going to spell disaster for the internet in general... it will end up stifling great technologies like Tel, because if they can't control it they won't support it.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-03-2012 05:53 PM

@geo: I like your idea about making .Tel super fun to use. It's missing in today's fast, interactive and modern world.
    Mark

Geo04-03-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 21673)
    @geo: I like your idea about making .Tel super fun to use. It's missing in today's fast, interactive and modern world.
    Mark

[size]
    Yeah, it should make people jealous when they see their friends playing with their Tel.

Seriously though, it can be made fun... on two fronts - first on feeling connected to the world, and second on feeling empowered with tools and features to show off through our Tel. Of course Tel isn't going to be the same as having a full hosted website that can harness the power of databases and programming, etc, but that's just the point... most individuals are unable to cope with databases and programming - they just want to drag and drop, and choose from a potpouri of options and colors etc. Heck, let's throw in sound too... so when someone visits my Tel they get to hear my favorite song or a voice message from me or my dog's barking sound - why not? 

I'm tired of hearing about how slow the mobile is or how we need to minimize - rubbish - we need to offer fun features and bells and whistles because we are reaching out to teenagers and grannies - we are reaching out to everyone - "Get Your Tel"! It's easy. It's fun. It's exciting. It gets you connected to the world. It gives you an identity without hassle. It's universal. 

We have to get over focusing on Tel as a technology and focus on Tel as the new way of interfacing... and what better way than to really make interfacing seem interesting and fun and worthwhile. Tel can't do it all by itself, but Tel can leverage what's already out there by becoming the hub. The mega big social networking sites need to be cut down to size - I hate them becoming so big. Tel offers one possibility of making a new online world that celebrates and empowers the small players. That's what the internet should be about, and that's why I'm passionate about Tel. I want to connect with people around the world, but I don't want to sell my soul to Facebook or Google to do so.[/size]

Gibran06-28-2012 11:34 PM

In view of your vision (maybe not Telnic's vision) can we catch up with the likes of these guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 21663)
    Thanks for making this at least a discussion TELcp... I now realize that perhaps I didn't explain myself very well so far, and that explains why no one has responded to my idea.

You are right, and I fully understand that Tel is still new to the world and so hasn't become a major piece of the social media/networking big picture... yet. That's why I put this topic into the Tel dreams section. And I've also been through the developers area - I realize that Tel has a lot to offer, including the potential to revolutionize the way we connect... this is all well and good... but the problem as I see it is that along the path of history many good technologies have lost in the race to lesser rivals. And in a way that's what I'm trying to address with my idea here... the issue of gaining popularity through reaching out to where the people are, rather than just expecting the people to come to our super new technology. The people don't care about technology; they care about the fun stuff that technology can do for them. 

So for starters, I'm saying that .Tel has to be fun - super fun. It should be fun to play with the features such as inputing pictures or video and seeing it all work just the way it should... it should be fun to be able to select from the many icons associated with the many social networks and tools out there... so instead of a small selection of icons, which don't even include many of the biggies, the user should be overwhelmed with a choice of icons, and lead the user to a process of discovery. Tel should be a gateway for the whole world - all the various different languages and social circles and bring everyone together. When I log on to Tel, I should feel like I'm plugging into the world, and entering an exciting gateway to literally thousands of social groups, tools, etc. 

My dream for Tel, is for it to be the hub of all things social on the web. It won't become that by itself. Why? Because there is competition - the Facebooks, and Yahoos, and Googles want to become the same thing - they want to rule the web... and they are achieving that. But to be frank, I don't like that these companies are becoming the dictators and architects of the matrix so to speak. They do not have our interests at heart, but their own bottom line. I see Tel differently - hopefully it does too. 

So in order for Tel to not only reach it's potential, but also to become the social grand central of communications it has to have that viral outreach. I think it can only do this if it embraces the many little players and elevate them, and not just reach out to the mega big social powers that be. For starters, create a system that highlights social circles such as Pinterest, so people can discover them and desire to connect to them... but not just Pinterest - the hundreds and thousands of other small niche circles out there in the many different languages.

[size]
    Check this: CallAPP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=eQYwhrqa6pU#![/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 1:36 am