The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Any announcements

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Any announcements Empty Any announcements

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 5:15 am

boracay.tel02-08-2014 09:55 PM

Any announcements

Telnic, is there anything coming in the pipeline for .tel?
    With all the new extensions arriving almost daily, do .tel people have anything to look forward to? A newsletter perhaps? Something to read about? 

Regards

wax02-14-2014 04:26 PM

BUT THERE -WAS- A VERY GOOD POSSIBLE PUBLIC ANSWER TO THE WORLD these days

Quote:

@boracay.tel :Telnic, is there anything coming in the pipeline for .tel?

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

www.DiscoverAurora.ca , local games promoting dot TELs (Telnames feat.) and mobile coupons plus payment capabilities of dot TEL (Telnames feat.TELs) , as shown on local TV in Canada

[size]
    DEAR @ALED, dear all

@ALed , please do not see anything personal in this , and kindly relay this. :cool:

@Boracay.tel did rise a very GOOD QUESTION .

BUT THERE WAS A VERY GOOD :eek: POSSIBLE POTENTIAL PUBLIC ANSWER from TELnic/ Telnames TO THE WORLD these days .

You did NOT read it ?

Neither did I.

Therefore this post .... you can tell I am wrong , but ALL cannot be wrong.

I am VERY disapointed :mad: to see that almost 10 days after, there is NO SUPPORT , NO ADHESION, NO EMPATHY , NOT EVEN the least MENTION at ALL from TELnic nor TELnames about the public appearing on TV (ok local TV, but still TV !) about some smart project involving SEVERAL dot TELs, wholesale promoting TELs usage, whatever this usage is .

Please @ALed, can you do something about it ? :cool:

There is indeed still a superb , fantastic, UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to TELL the World about TELs by communicating over Discover Aurora initiative because it is now enough public on third party TV , so no risks at all in TELnic's communication .... Facebook does that 1 B times a day for its "customers" !!!!

And SO FAR we do NOT read ANY sign of encouragement at all from TELnic , about this
    a) on its/this own private forum b) in the outside world .

PLEASE ALED ....
    it is still HIGH TIME for YOU to leverage this and TEL the world positively on these too rare projects like DiscoverAurora, which could easily uptake and bring from other geographies more awareness and visibility to dot TELs in general , and Telnames featured TEls in particular. 

Nothing read about it on TELnic website, nothing read on TELnames website .

What are you doing guys ? Letting the community die ??????

Alternatively we could each of us shout to the external world , how nice concept (really it is , despite all potential difficulties facing JOE PUBlic , or SHYus TELnic ) , but we would be normal , and we would appreciate, that TELnic shows the way.

I am possibly wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong , wrong again , .. . 

But can' t be that ALL are wrong , and Always , aren't they ?

Thanks .[/size]

Aled02-14-2014 07:04 PM

Wax, thank you for your comments. We have never provided any guidance that could be construed as advice when people are talking about investments, which is why we didn't respond to this post in particular. Our continued aim is the increasing usage of the .tel domain for the purposes of communication, not as a vehicle for transferring financial value. As such, that is where our focus remains.

We continue to develop the technology for the .tel community, such as recently updating my.tel for use with iOS7. We are also modifying the Community TelHosting Platform with suggestions from the community, such as increasing the number of images on the proxy as was seen last year.

We will update the community when any developments occur, but reserve the right not to pre-announce any activities as we did when we first launched so as not to have planned activities be misconstrued as promised deliverables by some more aggressive members of the .tel community.

We are always open to comments, as long as they are not offensive, defamatory to our staff or other community members or contravene any laws, hence why we have a forum that requests members to register (even anonymously).

We have congratulated Mark personally on his progress and communicate with him weekly, if not daily, outside of this environment. Simply because nothing is said in the forum about this by Telnic does not mean that we do not value his dedication and contribution to the .tel community.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

wax02-15-2014 01:34 AM

Thank you Aled for your clean feedback.

You can understand on this 14th of Feb , that it is even better when the community knows and has proof that TELnic really loves and truly consider its surviving community.

Just saying that strong public support and public recognition to interesting contribution from the community ( e.g. Discover Aurora project ) never do any harm to anyone, but on the contrary might positively amplify the will and potential of the community to bring more contribution to TEL success in addition to what TELnic is working on.

So I am very happy to read that DiscoverAurora concept has been very positively welcomed so far by TELnic, TELnames , and others. I was unsure as could not find any reference to it external to the warm tribute read on this forum written by its members.

Thank you also for your hearty message that some things are on the way "under development" , which will be announced later on when ready.

It is also important for community members to understand that yourself do think also it is globally beneficial to any users of TEL, if independant nice usecases ( such as like DiscoverAurora ) can get more awareness and momentum through being indirectly but efficiently supported smartly by Telnic, TELnames and other TEL featurers.

When TElnic , Telnames and others , are indeed officially rewarding with consideration and additional communication some nice work done among the community, still in respect to fair equity among community users :

- THIS just ENCOURAGES even more new input from all the community, 
    - it INCREASES understanding of usages and build more awareness from the public about TELs with content and goal , whatever the market segment and the final usage
    - focus more attention to TELs from would be service operators involved in local mobile commerce marketing and local business communities
    - it DOES definitively discourage portfolio of empty TELs to continue to sleep at costs , versus transforming themselves or under licence why not, their empty TELs into more live TELs with interesting content and effective or promising usecase attached IRL.

Thank you for your personal continuous support to the community.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-15-2014 07:05 PM

Just want to point out that the Discover [Your Town] concept can work anywhere. In fact I am working on my next town already with a new partner. As well, individual local shopping games that use .TEL can be created for any community. It's all about using the content from easily parsed DNS records to generate games. www.ShopLocalGames.com is the start. Having Telnic/Telnames inform its partners that these opportunities exist for local growth is very beneficial.
    Mark

supercyberheroes02-15-2014 09:37 PM

Good contest on this post.
    @ Aled @mark could you please tell me how many images can we display in each page? as far as I aware we can display 3 pictures on mobile, and 5 pictures on PC, could you please tell me if I am right or wrong? if I understood well, telnic is planing to increase the #s of images, that is correct or I am wrong?

I look forwards to get some answers from you.

Thank very much guys

wax02-16-2014 04:25 AM

Quote:

How many images can we display in each page

[size]
    @SuperCyberHeroes

The practical answer , as of today, is :
    [/size]

• 3 on mobile (not enough, typically in regards to increase easy navigation options which is vital on mobile) , and

• 18 in other cases (desktop laptops tablets ) as per 6 top + 6 right side + 6 bottom.

[size]

You may have a look at www.display.DEMOS.TEL 

Possibly there might be other pending release from TELnic, ideally towards potential display of more than the too limited 3 images when TELs are browsed from mobile.

In order to cope with customers increasing mobile use and mobile browsing, under "everything has gone mobile " facts ....and 6 B mobile subscribers already mid 2013.

Keeping fingers crossed :D[/size]

boracay.tel02-16-2014 10:00 AM

I was hoping we would get some kind of news on the CTH 
    (integrating the image referencing for starters)
    It's too difficult to use another tool.

Anyway, If you are correct wax, that things are coming?
    Not sure that was said exactly. Things were delivered.
    That it?

supercyberheroes02-16-2014 11:44 AM

@ wax are you using Mark tool? or this display.demos.tel is using mark tool?
    Is great to know that we can display 18 pictures on desktop, laptop.
    But will more great if we can display 12 or 15 pictures for mobile, to be honest I prefer to focus more on the go than on line.

I am confused because Aled wrote: We are also modifying the Community TelHosting Platform with suggestions from the community, such as increasing the number of images on the proxy as was seen last year. I can read is 2 things: 1 they are modifying the telhosting platform to allow us add more images, and at the same time is telling me: like it was seen last year, (it means they are increasing again the size of the images like last year) as far as I am aware last year the images was increased in all templates, so, it could be the same size like template 8.

That's why I am asking the question if telnic is working to increase the #s of images, because if they do so on mobile, will be super great.

Regards

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)02-16-2014 11:49 AM

@wax: Thx for your great informational example at http://www.display.demos.tel/
    Mark

tony mayo02-16-2014 02:07 PM

This is a very positive discussion.

I welcome Aled's comments and find his contribution encouraging for those of us committed to making the tel domain a success through our individual and combined efforts.

wax02-17-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

@supercyberheroes / about using Mark tool

[size]
    @supercyberheroes

Yes I am myself using Telmasters Tools .

And it has also been confirmed that www.display.DEMOS.TEL had been set up using Telmasters Tools and also typically Telmasters free dedicated tool for images www.telvision.co 

I refer to display.DEMOS.TEL because maximum number and size of images display are easy to retrieve and check at a glance for desktop , or also from mobile device.[/size]

supercyberheroes02-17-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax (Post 27747)
    @supercyberheroes

Yes I am myself using Telmasters Tools .

And it has also been confirmed that www.display.DEMOS.TEL had been set up using Telmasters Tools and also typically Telmasters free dedicated tool for images www.telvision.co 

I refer to display.DEMOS.TEL because maximum number and size of images display are easy to retrieve and check at a glance for desktop , or also from mobile device.

[size]
    Thank very much, I am using Mark tool as well, do I miss some thing here, I need to check again because I did think it was 3 for mobile (1 top 2 below) and 5 for PC (1 top, 2 down and 2 side)

Thank very much I will check properly.[/size]

wax02-17-2014 03:35 PM

Multiple images OK= max 3x6 on large screens, but so far only 1+2 on mobile

It just works.fine with multiple images .
    Top x 6 ( 468x351) , Side x 6 ( 250 x 250 ) , Bottom x 6 ( 468x351)

Only Mobile is still not enough mTop x 1 (300x 225) , mBottom x 2 ( 300x225) 

Don't follow the crowd , just experiment your own way and you will see it works properly as TELnic did nicely allowed more images some months ago.

Thank you Mark again for your Tools !

supercyberheroes02-17-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax (Post 27751)
    It just works.fine with multiple images .
    Top x 6 ( 468x351) , Side x 6 ( 250 x 250 ) , Bottom x 6 ( 468x351)

Don't follow the crowd , just experiment your own way and you will see it works properly as TELnic did nicely allowed more images some months ago.

[size]
    Thanks again, I have plan to reopen movie.tel again in different way, and plan to open 4 more .tel 1 of those is very important to increase images on mobile, 3 is very few pictures it should be as well 6 top and 6 down.

Regards[/size]

wax02-17-2014 04:32 PM

@SuperCyberHeroes

Agreed that 6 top and 6 down images would be ideally plenty enough for mobile, enabling as first priority much nicer mobile navigation menu to be customised , to encourage mobile experience of users with TELs , as tiny links up on the left are not easy to see nor to click on for non regular users of TELs .

Possibly @Aled will update us on this possibility for mobile.

boracay.tel02-20-2014 04:30 AM

It would be great to access all the images via the cth

Lostwithiel02-20-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wax (Post 27751)

[size]
    Also don't forget you can use the sponsored link function to add more information, with links, at top and bottom of page. See example here 

http://gardens.tourism-activities.lostwithiel.tel/[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 1:45 pm