The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Are we back on track?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Are we back on track? Empty Are we back on track?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:40 am

Triton NW07-06-2010 11:15 PM

Are we back on track?

I must admit that my very sour .tel mood of the prior weeks is quite a bit better today. My missing sites that fell from grace at Google are on the mend and Telnic hires a marketing manager as well. I can only see these as very encouraging events. To think that there is a person at Telnic that is charged with marketing them is pretty cool. I am curious to hear from the others that had become disenchanted in the prior weeks.

dotteler07-07-2010 02:04 AM

We all have experience fatigue along the way. I feel excited about the introduction of apps that will integrate more with .tel and create a CRM / IVR mash-up.
    New telhosting panel integration with apps, telads, and telpages will be appreciated. Do we need to form a collective to finally achieve a platform for this integration (telmasters apps, for instance)? How could the integration of email and telads will additional abilities like twitter integration be accessible on the telhosting platform? That will help generate more use of the domains, for sure.

Triton NW07-28-2010 06:53 PM

Thank you to Telmasters for the daily dropped list. That being said, is anyone concerned about the over 200 .tels being dropped each day?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)07-28-2010 07:02 PM

Not worried since the new additions are usually higher. 600+ yesterday, over 2,500 last week.
    Mark

dotteler07-28-2010 08:03 PM

did you look at what is getting dropped? some of the grab happy namers really didn't get much worth renewing.
    i'm more excited with the introduction of more tools from telmasters, like the rss feed! i've put a few on http://hometours.tel to include twitter feeds from animoto and others, and on http://mobile-commerce-daily.mobicommerce.tel/ to include rss for news.

I am most pleased at how the feed used my http://dotco.tel to point to the videos on http://dotco.tv - just what I've been wanting!

spline07-30-2010 09:44 PM

Yes we are

boracay.tel08-03-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 10274)
    Yes we are

[size]
    http://www.hosterstats.com/DomainNameCounts2010.php

Shows the latest .tel numbers. Seems like we are treading water.
    The marketing push surely needs to come, but I'm left wondering what now to push.
    A .tel business card has not taken off in any meaningful numbers. 
    And a .tel directory is very limited with the restrictive current offering.

But marketing is the next big push.
    Hope the mix is right.[/size]

aliencafe08-03-2010 03:40 AM

A marketing push will certainly be appreciated.

Triton NW08-13-2010 01:39 PM

We seem to have hit another long lull in the action. No new blog posts since June, no new feature realeases, no new press releases since the OpenAuth. I have said it before that I realise I am not very patient but geez, what is the plan?

dotteler08-13-2010 03:11 PM

The lull is just reality. There is no traction for .tel because it's pretty much panting it's last breath. I put up the 'test the pulse' post re: the wordpress plug-in and not even a peep. Telnic hasn't responded to anything I've sent them, either. 
    It was a great idea 10 years ago. Today it's not needed and apparently not wanted either.

Simon G08-15-2010 04:06 PM

dotteler

Give telnic a chance I get the feeling they are busy I'd prefer they reply to messages when they have something to provide. The did say they would provide instructions when they could.

The newsletter is due to come out, the blogs are waiting to be updated. I may be wrong but could this be a calm before the storm. 
    I cant see telnic investing all the money and waiting 10 years purely to roll over after a year and a half and because its not working. They have been the most innovative registry yet and because of that the have to be the most proactive.

dotteler08-15-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 10568)
    dotteler

Give telnic a chance.

[size]
    huh? If it hadn't been about a YEAR since I've been asking the same thing.
    I guess getting into .tel if you're not a programmer wasn't that wise.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 8:23 am