The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Still nothing new here

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Still nothing new here Empty Still nothing new here

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 7:54 am

telepass01-28-2011 04:14 AM

Still nothing new here

Hey

It's been more than a year since I came back here. And I'm sorry I invested thousands in ,tel premium domains and it's still the same.

- Still no real business using .tel and promoting it actively (I mean millions$$)

Please unlock the DNS so we can use it as a real domain OR provide a REAL cross-platform mobile design tool.

The whole "phone directories are dead" pitch is just fluff. Ask any normal person around you (ie not geek) and they still use yellow/white pages. 

Get real and stop pushing a soluton that solves a problem that does not exist.

telrific01-28-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telepass (Post 12359)
    Hey

It's been more than a year since I came back here. And I'm sorry I invested thousands in ,tel premium domains and it's still the same.

- Still no real business using .tel and promoting it actively (I mean millions$$)

Please unlock the DNS so we can use it as a real domain OR provide a REAL cross-platform mobile design tool.

The whole "phone directories are dead" pitch is just fluff. Ask any normal person around you (ie not geek) and they still use yellow/white pages. 

Get real and stop pushing a solution that solves a problem that does not exist.

[size]

Although your sentiment is shared by more than a few, it's not quite as bad as that ... after all, new forests don't grow overnight.

"Ask any normal person around you and they are still using Yellow/White Pages" says it all really.

A. "Phonebooks are dead" was the statement when websites and search engines came out, yet this is far from true today, and after almost 20 years of public use, with 10 of those very strong years.

B. Yellow/White Directories are moving to 100% online, with no offline Directory.

C. "A Better Directory begins with a Better Listing" is where .TEL blows away anything offered online in the way of a self-managed/interactive Listing.

These points, no matter how slow adoption is (and you're right, it's slow) are still true.

There will always be a need for:

A. Directory + Listings
    B. Directory + Websites

The two are never the same because of devices, and customer needs.

Websites are a nightmare to navigate and .TEL listings are a dream to navigate on many devices.

.TEL listings offer device connection options upfront, Websites must be coped with.

What do we see used most ?

Yellow Pages, with no real option for listings upgrades to Businesses. ( Same with White Pages/Individuals )
    Google, which indexes billions of webpages regardless of content, structure, or user intent.

Telnic's best approach is to get Yellow Directories to provide a better listing option to Customers.

Hmmm. That's working, even if it's slowly, because .TEL is the best listing, and that's no fluff.

TelPages.com is still needed in the Global lookup sense, and even the local sense, for many devices.

:cool:[/size]

Bunjie01-28-2011 01:12 PM

Not sure if what I'm about to say is correct, will be amended when my headache tablet kicks in.

*eats an apple* it would be nice to have something that links us in more than url links, so theirs more of a community feel around .tel use as a platform of discovering people and businesses as opposed to being singular investors in a piece of a web directory which is alienating customers.

We're not corporations, we're not cold we're vibrant and alive! and this is why you have a community manager.

Telnic you keep telling us you don't want Telfriends to become a social platform, yet you know theirs not much for a community manager to do around here (sorry CM) and your missing the point of what you developed by a wide mark, a .tel is supposed to be a contact card ok? so the point of having one in the real world is to give it out in a social way that gives us a return on investing in that piece of card but in this case a web url.

You tell us you want professionals and promote it as such, yet you let us miss out on the opportunity's of having a .tel linked to our LinkedIn e.t.c in more than just URL form and sure in some cases it's up to these services to come on board and look at what can be done but we need some progress on such services taking .tel on board in more than a promotional aspect.

I'm not a professional yet, but I can totally see the benefits of having .tel as a web anchor that allows me to modify and control my other services like LinkedIn or FB or Twitter behind the scenes and up front provide a great front facing telsona! how control? well control the content that's posted on them from my .tel control panel.

There are many services and apps that take all your social networks and feed them into one page so it makes it easier to manage, it would be nice if you decided to scrap the control panel as a name, and give the registrars http://telfriends.com urls to put over the control panel as a piece of distributed social software, so it's no longer the control panel it becomes http://telfriends.com a distributed network of registrars providing a social media profile anchor platform through the DNS as the anchor for your telsona! (Persona).

Because like it or not the world is going social and if we can't give out .tels in more than just url form as a link we're loosing out on a heck of allot of exposure.

You told us, that we could use .tel to update it and as such be able to update other websites that integrated it, yet I've not seen one major site do that, you partnered with my space yet they didn't integrate it in any meaningful form (MySpace = losers).

Ditch MySpace and get partnered with Twitter and I would suggest Second Life, why SL? because they're crying out as web merchants to have their business and brands discovered by customers and you and I know such imaginary content makes BANK $$.

This is why I asked for custom Google maps, so such businesses could put links to their server on the grid, and don't forget Anche Chung made 1million when it first started and is still going strong selling fake land that's really just web space.

Now more people are moving to their own Opensims a version of the software that's more distributed and being able to be discovered is a hard thing.

Like it or not .tel will have to have avatars I believe Telnic will have to put them into the "control panel" which should be under thehttp://telfriends.com brand but distributed as it is now. 

Like it or not Facebook is becoming a social web node for everything, and .tel has a chance here to side swipe them by becoming what it's supposed to be a web node for profiles and peoples avatars, FB doesn't want to do games as a primary thing but they know it makes BANK $$ so they hired Cory Ex-Linden YES CORY LINDEN the one who helped make Second Life to work on the games platform in HTML5 because it makes BANK $$.

http://gigaom.com/2011/01/27/faceboo...-games-evolve/

Google it, Google him, we need avatars on the list it will bring people to .tel as in many thousands to centralize their telsonas and businesses that are struggling to be discovered though normal means, these can be pulled out by openid/oath if you can store web links you can store web links to someones virtual skin on a 3rd party service as a normal url and hide it.

Let me give you some social examples, I don't like Facebook but it's use is an unfortunate necessity in this day and age and every developer from here to joe the plumber is developing some kind of way to interact with it so they benefit from the social aspect it provides.

Rockmelt is a web browser entirely revolving around Facebook, this I can't live without now, not because of Facebook but because of how it displays the information I need to survive online.

Bunjie01-28-2011 01:12 PM

Blekko a search engine that allows you to import your Facebook likes and the likes of all your "friends" in order to search them and get a better social search.

So please work on getting 3rd party services integrated with the control panel and change the name of it to Telfriends.

And give us a Rolodex in our control panel "telfriends panel" as opposed to how it's setup now, I should be able to save "star" peoples .tels under lists without having to friend them specifically.

And let us import Facebook friends in one click, and discover if they have a .tel by YOU auto searching the DNS server for a corresponding FB url on a .tel profile.

maximka01-28-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telepass (Post 12359)

[size]
    I personally think that investment in TEL-domains is a long-term investment. I believe that it is a good investment as long as you had chosen the right domain-names and are ready to wait until the market will boom. Of course, here - as everywhere in the World - there are any easy, quick and guaranteed ways to become a millionaire overnight. Who want to have super-profit, must take risks.[/size]

dialaroom01-28-2011 09:54 PM

Just a thought.
    If all "premium" names have been bought by "investors" who have done nothing with them for a year, is it any wonder that no big business has developed a .tel .

Cees01-29-2011 07:54 AM

Absolutely spot on Steve, you make your own luck, if you own some premium names, do something with them, most people just aren't prepared to put in the hard yards.

maximka01-29-2011 09:09 AM

If those names are "premium" then they were registered, perhaps, no later that in April 2009. So almost two years had passed. If there would be some projects made at these names, then now - after two years of time passed they would be, perhaps, in the good positions at all search engines and so it would be easier to find a buyer for them and to sell them.

Current date/time is 2024-05-18, 11:47 pm