The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Merge Mobile and Standard Ad Images

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Merge Mobile and Standard Ad Images Empty Merge Mobile and Standard Ad Images

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:24 am

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-18-2011 04:35 PM

Merge Mobile and Standard Ad Images

I find myself taking the 448x60 ad links at top and creating mobile links with the same images. I suggest to Telnic to have an option, default yes, that takes the 448x60 image and automatically renders it on the mobile device. Would save so much time since these can render well at 300x50. At this point in time, it is about getting simple things that are convenient for tel owners. (Not to mention default records across subdomains too).

http://www.telvisitors.com/magic/?bg...topbanner1.jpg

vs.

http://www.telvisitors.com/images/30.png

Telnic can we have in next update?

Mark

tel4rent05-18-2011 08:52 PM

Mark,

It should be an option. Making it default rendering would certainly be an advantage. However, i like the fact that i can present two different ads to my users : PC and mobile. It is two different markets.

Some clients want to offer two different ads (products) to their customers. 
    - One would be for users on the PC able to click on the ad and access a web site for more information. 
    - The other would be for users on the mobile to click on the ad and download an apps or access stuff related to smarphone.

thanks

Aled05-19-2011 08:22 AM

Mark,

I can't see how reusing the same image would work as they have different aspect ratios and as such one would be distorted?

tindaya05-19-2011 11:03 AM

I think also will be important to translate the standar publicity of 468x60, to 448x5x, o something like that. The size 250x250 is perfect and we can find this format, but the 448x60 is imposible, noboby use it, because everyone use 468x60, so will be interesting to traslate the 468x60 to a estandar 448x58 and to mobile 300x50.
    So, if I put one image of 468x60 resize automatic to 448x58 and 300x50 to mobile (we need to be estandar with the rest of advertising)

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 14758)
    Mark,

I can't see how reusing the same image would work as they have different aspect ratios and as such one would be distorted?

[size]
    As you can see by my example, the distortion is minimal. This is a solution only if someone chooses it because different images are not needed for mobile vs desktop and if there isn't a need for maintaining the exact aspect ratio as it the case for text images. Sure if it is a picture of a person, distortion count. Please discuss and hopefully provide this valuable and convenient option soon.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-19-2011 12:44 PM

Furthermore, 448x60, as noted a long time ago (I thought it was a typo in your docs), is NOT a standard IAB format. The only reason you have it is to constrain images to fit tel template record width of 448. The CORRECT format as Tindaya noted should have been 468px × 60px scaled to 448px × 57px. This is a design flaw that should have been caught before production and could be a problem in the future as more advertisers see the value of .tel. I would suggest an internal review to accommodate the correct size.

Mark

TELcp05-19-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14751)
    I find myself taking the 448x60 ad links at top and creating mobile links with the same images. I suggest to Telnic to have an option, default yes, that takes the 448x60 image and automatically renders it on the mobile device. Would save so much time since these can render well at 300x50. At this point in time, it is about getting simple things that are convenient for tel owners. (Not to mention default records across subdomains too).
    Mark

[size]
    We agree with this as we have tested the following image of 448x60 on both pc and mobile devices.

https://www.telcp.com/images/bannerimg.png

Cannot notice any distortion at all when it renders on mobile devices.

Therefore, we suggest that Telnic should reconsider this issue and use a single image size for both pc and mobile versions (top & bottom). And also stick to the IAB standards for size and weight. 

Regards[/size]

TELcp05-24-2011 12:53 PM

Would appreciate a response from Telnic for this issue, as it has to be resolved once and for all.

Aled05-25-2011 09:52 AM

TELcp, as with all suggestions made on the forum and through the other channels, we've recorded this request and it'll be discused internally. If the decision is made to implement this then it will be added to the roadmap.

TELcp05-25-2011 01:31 PM

Aled and Telnic, thank very much for your attention.

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 4:05 pm