The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel promotion suggestions

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel promotion suggestions Empty .tel promotion suggestions

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:40 am

TELcp06-17-2011 01:23 PM

.tel promotion suggestions

Although we are not experts in marketing we can suggest few events for promoting the tel.
    Telnic should take the .tel to the people instead of tel Owners doing it for the .tel and Telnic.
    Telnic may have already made arrangements for future promotions. If not please take note of forthcoming sporting events taking place in the UK where the .tel (at least the .tel logo) can be promoted to a billions of TV viewers.

London Olympic games 2012, Wimbledon, Scotland commonwealth games 2014 etc and see here for UK sporting calendar. Telnic can become a sponsor for some of these events and let the sportsmen wear a cap or a T-shirt with .tel Logo, 

Telnic can become an "official communications provider" for any selected event. Telnic can have a Logo painted on the ground. Telnic can do thousand and one things to take the .tel to the people.

There have been many sporting events viewed by billions of people since the launching of the tel. Unfortunately we have never seen any sign of .tel logo anywhere. Telnic must remember that .tel is a peoples' domain. Not just a technical thing.

We feel that so far the tel has not been brought to the attention of the general public. No point in tel Owners developing and investing in the .tel unless the general public is aware of the existence of something called ".tel", Unfortunately, this has not happened in the past, not happening at present and no idea of any signs for future.

Others in the forum can add more suggestions here for the benefit of all of us.
    We can't afford to let the .tel shrink just like that.

Regards

mikeseaton06-17-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15466)
    We feel that so far the tel has not been brought to the attention of the general public. No point in tel Owners developing and investing in the .tel unless the general public is aware of the existence of something called ".tel"...

[size]
    This hits the nail on the head - "Joe Public" and the average small business owner (at least in the UK) simply hasn't heard of .tel !

TELcp has suggested Telnic sponsors major sporting events, others (including myself) have suggested giving away .tels (via Telcos) for 1-year to generate "critical mass" (and large renewal income) - I'm sure there are lots of other valid ways .tel could be brought to mass public recognition.

I don't care how we resolve this issue, but unless this can be done, all the new things like improved templates etc. won't make any real difference at all !

After 2 years 3 months time is running out because if .tel doesn't get into public consciousness soon the investors who are still "keeping the faith" will dump thousands of domains, developers will find it is not worth their while developing due to a limited market, and Apple, Google or Microsoft (or some new outfit) will develop, or buy in, a "Dial-By-Name" solution that is "good enough", probably free, and get their millions of existing subscribers using it.

There is probably only room in the mass marketplace for one "Dial-By-Name" solution - it needs to be .tel but something has to be done urgently to generate mass public recognition.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Kartoshka06-17-2011 06:33 PM

well said, Mike, well said. Every word. 

Telnic team (Justin, Ian, Henri, etc) can you please share your thoughts on this matter?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)06-17-2011 07:42 PM

Agree with everyone and waiting on response on this and the other recent threads. How about Monday Telnic?

Mark

tindaya06-18-2011 07:19 AM

IMO before of that, we must have a App that all of us say "WOW THIS IS MAGIC, THIS IS DIFFERENT, THIS IS A NEW CONCEPT"

In this forum there are many magic ideas, so at least one must be done quickly and well.

TELcp06-18-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15474)
    IMO before of that, we must have a App that all of us say "WOW THIS IS MAGIC, THIS IS DIFFERENT, THIS IS A NEW CONCEPT"
    In this forum there are many magic ideas, so at least one must be done quickly and well.

[size]
    Very good imagination.
    Unfortunately Apps cannot be made by magic. Wish we could that!
    [/size]

• Creating Apps need lot of planning, man hours, funds.
    • To plan something, there should a be solid foundation (.tel does not have that at present - see other thread).
    • Man hours and funding can be provided only if there is a return.
    • To get a return ,there should be a market for any product.
    • To have a market, there should be a demand,
    • To generate demand, one needs to create awareness.
    • To create awareness, one needs to promote the product.
    • To promote the product, one needs to have a target.
    • To meet the target, one needs to have sufficient funds!

[size]
    So, someone should take the lead.(And do it before its too late).
    It is not happening. That is why we all voice our concern.

- Hope this clarifies our request.[/size]

TELcp06-18-2011 08:52 AM

To whom it may concern (re: .tel domains),

"Consumer will not buy what we want to sell, they will buy only if we sell what they want to buy."

tindaya06-18-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15476)
    "Consumer will not buy what we want to sell, they will buy only if we sell what they want to buy."

[size]
    Yes, you are right... for that, I am a consumer, and I´ll like a Telview of Mark, with iframes like the Mapview of telnic, with the multiusers of TELcp and this integrated in a dottel, where also will be a button of easy call.[/size]

dottel.net06-18-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15475)
    So, someone should take the lead.(And do it before its too late).
    It is not happening. That is why we all voice our concern.

[size]
    Most folks here have invested funds in buying domains, building tools, etc and are only left with their own man hours to work on projects part time. Can't see anyone other then telnic investing the kind of money needed to get this app developed....

Hopefully this is an area Telnic is able to spend their funds (I know they have rules within which as a registrar they must operate)[/size]

TELcp06-18-2011 10:19 AM

Hi to All,

On this thread we should concentrate mainly about promoting the .tel domain to the people who have not heard about the .tel. Creating awareness (of the .tel) is very important. 

Something like putting the horse before the cart.

The domains what we have purchased and the apps we build are worthless if there is no outside participation (outside demand).

dottel.net06-18-2011 11:18 AM

perhaps telnic should be reaching out to companies like this (see thread: http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2077) and helping them populate their tels and explain benefits of using them...

TELcp06-18-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15481)
    perhaps telnic should be reaching out to companies like this (see thread: http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2077) and helping them populate their tels and explain benefits of using them...

[size]
    @dottel.net

Sorry, Cant' understand why you are trying to deviate from the topic of the thread??[/size]

dottel.net06-18-2011 12:24 PM

@telcp - it's a suggestion for how to help promote tel - contact large companies/orgs that have reg'd their own tel's (like the one indicated) and get them to actually populate and use.... isn't that what this thread is about????

mikeseaton06-18-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15480)
    The domains what we have purchased and the apps we build are worthless if there is no outside participation (outside demand).

[size]
    .tel has been overtaken by events in the UK Mobile Coupons marketplace - see http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2105 - I really hope this will not happen to .tel generally and the chance is lost to change the way the world communicates.

I look forward to reading Telnic's response a.s.a.p. to the genuine concerns expressed in this thread.

Mike Seaton[/size]

stel06-19-2011 04:43 AM

1) I agree that promotion at the Olympic Games in London would be the way to get some international recognition. However I don't know what Telnic's advertising budget is....
    2) Should Telnic promote .tel on social networking sites? It is cheap or free and one in six Internet users seem to be on Social Network sites nowadays. One of the reasons why I compiled www.socialnetworkpages.tel listing with over 1000 social networks (other than mild curiosity to see what niche social networks are out there) was to provide Telnic with a list of niche social network sites where they might choose to promote .tel. One idea would be to put socialnetworkpages.tel as a site of the week and then to have people on social network sites bring attention to the fact that that particular social network site was mentioned as one of the Top 1000 niche social network sites on socialnetworkpages.tel- the .tel of the week. I don't know if it is a good idea but maybe it is better than nothing. 
    3) Another idea might be to make some controversial clips on youtube that go viral with .tel at Mardi Gras in New Orleans or the carnival in Brasil, etc. Or a great looking model playing tenis makes visual contact with some guy who watches her playing. Then she bends down for a tennis ball and her underwear shows a .tel with her name on it. OK not exactly professional, but it might spread the word a little.....

tindaya06-19-2011 09:15 AM

This news is good o not important?

http://www.e-kaimon.com/2011/06/18/m...on-revolution/

Cees06-19-2011 12:24 PM

Any mention of .tel is a positive, hope they have a decent readership.

mikeseaton06-20-2011 10:21 PM

Dot Tel on the UK High Street ?

About 18 months ago, just before Xmas 2009, I went into an Orange (one of the UK's biggest Telcos) store in a major UK city to look at smartphones. I got chatting to the salesman about the pros and cons of different phones, and at the and of the conversation asked him about .tel - he hadn't got a clue what I was talking about !

Today I was in an O2 store (another of the UK's largest Telcos) looking at smartphones and mentioned .tel to the salesman - not only did he not have any detail knowledge he had never even heard about the .tel extension !

Two of the biggest UK Telcos, who push information out to their staff from head office to their branches, and absolutely zero knowledge of even the existence of .tel !

This worries me - Telnic we would all appreciate a response to the concerns expressed by many of us in the last few days in the thread http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2103

Thanks in anticipation.

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton06-22-2011 12:53 PM

Dot Tel Promotion at sporting events

When .co was launched they gained a lot of publicity worldwide from advertising in the interval at SuperBowl 2011 - this put a (relatively) new TLD extension in the mindset of 100's of millions of potential buyers

Click Here To View GoDaddy.CO Ad Teaser 

Click Here To View GoDaddy.CO SuperBowl Ad 

Why is .tel not seen as a headline sponsor (you know the ones that have their name on the wall behind anyone being interviewed) at Wimbledon etc. or alternatively have one of the .tel videos such as "Ben.tel" showing in the advertising break?

There is a potential audience of millions who could become instantly aware of .tel - is it just the cost of such marketing that is the problem?

Mike Seaton

marimax06-24-2011 06:15 AM

Do you know the cost of advertising during these sporting events ?
    It is HUGE.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

.tel promotion suggestions Empty Re: .tel promotion suggestions

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:40 am

TELcp07-02-2011 05:32 PM

This is why we need promotion.

Total regs going down......

Date total tels
    01/Jan/2011 - 250,550
    01/Feb/2011 - 274,042 
    01/Mar/2011 - 333,891
    01/Apr/2011 - 326,805
    01/May/2011 - 314,061
    01/Jun/2011 - 297,058
    01/Jul /2011 - 296,158
    01/Aug/2011 - ??

tindaya07-03-2011 02:50 PM

I think only about 20 people in the world believe in dottel. And the 50% are in this forum. I am one of them. We are crazy?

TELcp07-03-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 15988)
    I think only about 20 people in the world believe in dottel. And the 50% are in this forum. I am one of them. We are crazy?

[size]
    Sorry to say that "you are wrong" on that statement.

Because, going by the number of registered owners and number of .tel domains registered at telcp.com, we can say a lot of people from this forum and outside the forum (specially in the USA) have interest in .tel domains. Most of them want to create Directories.

But, what we don't have at the moment is that there is no .tel usage among the masses, who are the actual end user. When there is a demand from them, the demand for the tel will rise. That is why we tell Telnic repeatedly to promote the .tel to the ordinary people.

If .co can get popular through Super Bowl, why can't .tel get similar popularity?
    You need promotions. Promotions. Promotions....[/size]

tindaya07-03-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15989)
    If .co can get popular through Super Bowl, why can't .tel get similar popularity?
    You need promotions. Promotions. Promotions....

[size]

I´m with you. I'm in love with dottel.[/size]

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 8:10 pm