The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The speed of development and its importance!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

The speed of development and its importance! Empty The speed of development and its importance!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:45 am

Jens08-21-2011 07:40 PM

The speed of development and its importance!

Obsolescent

TELcp08-22-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16932)
    Is it only me or is it unbelievable we have the greatest business idea in history of the internet, but it just get neglected?

[size]
    You are NOT ALONE. There are many like yourself.
    Those who believed in .tel back in Dec2008 (and some even before that) are still with the tel.

Cheers![/size]

TelRise08-22-2011 09:26 PM

I wish I had the brains to help with development. But I don't. However, I love the potential of dot tel, and will continue to put as many pages out there, on the net, and visible to as many visitors as possible (that's one thing I can do, and hundreds/thousands of people a week see my sites). 
    It's not hard to be visible with a populated .tel, and apart from personal satisfaction, there might well be a financial reward in the future.

boracay.tel08-23-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16932)
    Is it only me

[size]
    No.
    When I read news such as...
    " two manufacturers making the iPhone 5—named as Hon Hai and Pegatron in the report—have been told to prepare for initial production of 45 million devices.thei That’s more than double what Apple sold in its last reported quarter, Q2—20. 34 million/"

Thats just the initial batch. It's troubling that such huge numbers (like 200 million new iPhones alone) each and every year will be sold, mobile mobile mobile... and theres zero meaningful promotion of .tel into the faces of the masses adopting smartphones

Reality check too. something as crucial as the mobile search function is taking an eternity to get corrected. Directories are basically broken while this tool delivers non-sense results on mobiles[/size]

mikeseaton08-23-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 16981)
    It's troubling that such huge numbers (like 200 million new iPhones alone) each and every year will be sold, mobile mobile mobile... and theres zero meaningful promotion of .tel into the faces of the masses adopting smartphones.

[size]
    That worries me too - I think it's the biggest problem that .tel faces - far more important than new template formats etc. To quote from a previous post:

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 16922)
    Jens, all you need to do is to apply 2 simple tests:

1. Go into a mobile phone shop in a High (or Main as they say in the USA) Street, discuss mobile phone contracts and ask whether any of the Telcos will include a .tel with the mobile phone contract.

2. Ask someone you've just met for their .tel, not their phone number.

When the above 2 tests are consistently met with a positive response, rather than a blank stare or "What?", you know you're well on the way (if you own enough high quality .tels) to choosing whether your next new car is a Porsche or Ferrari - though I'd probably just renew my BMW Coupe and buy a new boat with the money saved !

Seriously though, IMO the biggest threat to those in the .tel ecosystem is that before .tel reaches "critical mass" someone like Apple, Google or Microsoft (all who have billions of dollars tucked away ready to be spent) will buy up a site like http://www.CardCloud.com, or develop the software themselves, and offer it free of charge to their millions of existing users.

That's why I believe "time is of the essence" and Telnic must get "Joe Public" using .tel as naturally as they use their mobiles, even if it means doing a deal with the Telcos to give away millions of .tel domains for the first year of registration.

I know this would be controversial, and would need the registrars to agree to it, but think of the renewal fees after that first year and the new registrations that would happen if everyone who owned a mobile expected to have their own .tel.

Remember Bill Gates many many years ago when he had this vision of a computer (running Windows) on every desktop - he has successfully achieved this objective though Microsoft had to be prepared to give away things like Internet Explorer free of charge to get critical mass.

Bill looked at the "bigger picture" and judged it worth it !

[size]
    Mike Seaton[/size]

Simon G08-23-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jens 
    Is it only me or is it unbelievable we have the greatest business idea in history of the internet, but it just get neglected?

[size]
    Nope not just you. Which is why I believe there must be something
    Happening... Its not blind faith I have but rather and hopefully common sense. I simply
    Don't Believe that there is nothing going on behind the scenes. Some intelligent and connected people
    Are employed to push and build .tel into a successful tld.

It is highly important that things move quicker and changes are implemented faster and smoother[/size]

spline08-23-2011 07:00 PM

Now google has bought Motorola, they will soon start to integrate similar services.

.Tel needs development and more promotion...

daytonac08-25-2011 09:49 AM

or .tel could continue at the speed there they currently at, look i dont know how hard things are to get off the ground, or whats required to reach people on the street with this great invention, so that the old boring outdated, hard to remember phone number is a thing of the past, replaced by a up to date modern .tel, the only thing i can think of is to pay to have it used in a high profile movie, then, you'll have a serious forrest fire on your hands, you wouldn't be able to reg a 3, 4 or 5 letter .tel, as they'd all be gone, reg's would pass 2-5 million quickly. So my suggestion is choose a successful movie company, with great actor/s to promote dot.tels in it, all he or she would have to say is "hey, whats your dot.tel??" after meeting someone new in a scene between the 2 main characters, or as the old saying goes "keep doing the same thing, and you'll get the same result"

mikeseaton08-25-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonac (Post 17045)
    So my suggestion is choose a successful movie company, with great actor/s to promote dot.tels in it, all he or she would have to say is "hey, whats your dot.tel??" after meeting someone new in a scene between the 2 main characters...

[size]
    Great idea Daytonac - the only problem is it would be many months before the movie premiered - Time is not on .tel's side !
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by daytonac (Post 17045)
    ...or as the old saying goes "keep doing the same thing, and you'll get the same result"

[size]
    Or to quote a famous definition - Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-25-2011 07:58 PM

I'm not so worried about (non) develop yet. Besides the upcoming big change for templates, there are lots of small technical improvements and streamlining that Telnic can make if it is really listening to this community and cares. So just patiently waiting for development to catch up to needs.

What Yellow Book is doing experimentally, whether with or without Telnic's help, is positive. We need to see more of that, not just a bit here and there. I sure hope that Telnic is moving aggressively towards having YP's embrace this technology as a free add-on for their clients. That is a win-win for all. Why this hasn't happened en masse is a mystery.

Partnered with YP companies, Telnic could focus on these small business, not individuals - the businesses that spend tons of dough annually on yellow page ads and have no content control and not many leads. A joint marketing campaign on how SMB can get more local business presence through long-tail SEO in layman terms - without alienating or lessening what the yellow page companies already provide. Dot tel add-ons for each small business. What's another 10 bucks to a YP company when they are taking in hundreds?

I do like giving away tels to Telco's, but Telnic probably can't do that without a registrar that sees the value of all those mega renewals a year later. 

Mark

Simon G08-26-2011 10:24 AM

one of the things for getting .tel promoted was this:
    I was thinking of was groupon. Have a registrar price it up for 2 years @$40 then sell it for $25 or there abouts with the groupon coupon. From the costs the registrar would make nothing from the coupon initially but could get further sales both in two years time/ free advertising and perhaps telnic could provide a discount on there costs for the project and free marketing that would arise from it such as the one that I think they provided for enom or directi resellers years ago. 

End goal would be promotion and increase in numbers and hopefully an increase in future business for the registrar. 

Am sure many people would pick it up if they say you could get web presence for two years with "hosting" for only $25

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 7:20 am