The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

VIP.tel for the mainstream !!!

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

VIP.tel for the mainstream !!! Empty VIP.tel for the mainstream !!!

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 8:49 am

Jens09-21-2011 04:58 PM

VIP.tel for the mainstream !!!

Obsolescent

dottel.net09-21-2011 05:24 PM

i've also thought about this - and if there is red tape regarding telnic being allowed to offer this i'll offer some domains and look to other users to work together and offer this. perhaps with telcp's tool sitting above the domains (i'll agree to remove my advertising from the domains so its non profit) and only to assist getting the .tel word out there....

names i reg'd when i thought about doing this:
    http://aka.tel -> also known as
    http://atoz.tel 
    http://sme.tel -> well known acronymn to denote Small To Medium Sized Enterprise in parts of the world
    http://pty.tel -> well known acronymn to denote Proprietary Company in parts of the world

still needs a killer marketing campaign and budget to go anywhere though..... otherwise its just another good idea without any momentum....

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-21-2011 06:34 PM

I'd be offering the same with k9.tel and a bunch of other vanity tels, but through Facebook to get wider audience. Probably about a month away from delivery as it requires completion of self-service tool. All free, but remember the limit is still 3,000 subdomains.
    Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-21-2011 06:57 PM

I've got over 20 for this exact purpose,eg marco.gods.tel with a site almost ready to go.

IT'S AN INSTANT PERSONAL BRAND:

Your vanity page contains all your contact information and social identities in one spot. Customize it into your personal brand.

WHAT YOU GET:

Your customizable subdomain page may contain any of the following items:

your name
    a picture
    social network IDs (like Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    phone number
    email address
    skype address
    chat links
    web links
    gaming handle
    your map location
    hobbies and interests
    information about yourself. 

Mark

dottel.net09-21-2011 07:25 PM

if its vanity you're after there's also a further 20 or so in my portfolio. as i said before, no point waiting for someone to build something (again) - telcp already has it (i've also got it to a certain extent but not for this purpose - can be modified with a couple of days work but why bother?).

hurdle is marketing and pr.... crack that and you crack this... the tech part is easy

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-21-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17603)
    hurdle is marketing and pr.... crack that and you crack this... the tech part is easy

[size]
    Agree with you there. 
    Mark[/size]

mikeseaton09-21-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17603)
    if its vanity you're after there's also a further 20 or so in my portfolio. as i said before, no point waiting for someone to build something (again) - telcp already has it (i've also got it to a certain extent but not for this purpose - can be modified with a couple of days work but why bother?).

hurdle is marketing and pr.... crack that and you crack this... the tech part is easy ;)

[size]
    Couldn't agree more with dottel.net.

Microsoft spent a reputed 500 Million USD on the Marketing of the XBox when they took on the established Sony PlayStation.

Without the first stage of the classic AIDA marketing technique - Attention, Interest, Desire, Action - the rest is irrelevant.

The topic of .tel's visibility in the marketplace has of course already been covered in the thread The Reality of .Tel

Mike Seaton[/size]

Blunderer09-21-2011 08:13 PM

Hang on chaps, look what I've just found http://www.moreaboutadvertising.com/

I haven't seen one of those for years!

Blunderer09-21-2011 08:21 PM

I had hoped it was the second coming.

boracay.tel09-22-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 17610)
    Btw it doesn't make any sense to place ads for .tel domains before the new templates haven't been realized!

[size]
    exactly. until the new templates arrive....
    and I can't believe how poor the new .tel of the week looks. (Justin even promoting it around on twitter?)
    (surely if that Australian ballet dancer had a decent template to choose, he might have even put his face there)
    ..or was it too hard to ad his picture. who knows[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-22-2011 04:35 AM

@Boracay Good point. You know I had suggested Guestbooks.tel a few weeks ago to showcase .tel interactivity and this is the best they came up with. LOL - I just don't get it.
    Mark

boracay.tel09-22-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 17623)
    I had suggested Guestbooks.tel a few weeks ago to showcase .tel interactivity

[size]
    Your dedication is up there. I sometimes wonder how you keep inspired.
    I would have dropped out long long ago if it wasn't for your (enormous individual) effort to bring .tel positive attention.

I just don't get it either.
    ps, by the way, nice find on the mobile css.
    love to see that in action. I'm your mobile goto guy![/size]

Cees09-22-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 17624)
    Your dedication is up there. I sometimes wonder how you keep inspired.
    I would have dropped out long long ago if it wasn't for your (enormous individual) effort to bring .tel positive attention.

I just don't get it either.
    ps, by the way, nice find on the mobile css.
    love to see that in action. I'm your mobile goto guy!

[size]
    I would like to say THANKS to all members on this thread for their dedication, without you this forum would be RS, I personally don't contribute all that much as my level of understanding the tech side is on the low side, but I do log on at least twice a day for what it's worth.[/size]

spline09-25-2011 10:58 AM

If you/we do this. Each .tel included in the campaign must be valid for atleast 5 years or something.

So that not half drop out after a year.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 2:43 am