The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telfriends account - unauthorised activity

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telfriends account - unauthorised activity Empty Telfriends account - unauthorised activity

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 9:58 am

Blunderer03-01-2013 01:12 PM

Telfriends account - unauthorised activity

Hi Aled,

I have just received a number of email alerts advising that various .tel domains have been removed from my TelFriends account.

I don't actually use TelFriends, but I did not initiate this removal. The email included a link through which to contest this but, is it actually from Telnic, or is it a scam?

dottel.net03-01-2013 01:19 PM

oddly enough - i also got a bunch of these today. shouldn't have been sent unless there's a problem with telfriends....

Aled03-01-2013 01:19 PM

Hi,

We've had a few customers get in touch regarding this today. Are the names with Domain Monster? It seems they have performed some kind of change to the contact details used in the WHOIS. Any change made to the WHOIS results in the name being automatically removed from TelFriends. This is a safety feature in case the change is actually a change of ownership.

If this does affect you, and you do use TelFriends, if you ad your name back to TelFriends all of the settings will have been preserved.

Thanks,
    Aled

dottel.net03-01-2013 01:20 PM

what's the implications (if any) of not adding back? as i don't use telfriends but not sure what (if anything) else hangs off this?

Blunderer03-01-2013 01:30 PM

Thanks Aled. I'll leave things as they are.

tony mayo03-01-2013 01:33 PM

Same TelFriends issue here today. Also having problems getting authorization code from DM to transfer domains. I have emailed them about the latter issue - but possibly connected with Aled's explanation regarding WHOIS change.

Aled03-01-2013 02:08 PM

dottel.net, other than TelFriends, the only other thing that ever relied on it was TelStats.

dottel.net03-01-2013 02:46 PM

great - thank you Aled.

supercyberheroes03-01-2013 10:41 PM

It happen to me as well all of them with DM, I have some with name but not problem just DM.

@ tony mayo you wrote: Also having problems getting authorization code from DM to transfer domains. I have emailed them about the latter issue.

I am transferring most of my domains from DM to name.com but I will not transfer all of them, I just created 3 auth code at DM without any problem.

1 question to everyone: once we generate a Auth code for transfer, this code will expired? 

Regards

http://ideal.tel
    http://movie.tel

aliencafe03-02-2013 06:39 AM

Same issue.

dutchstreetdog03-02-2013 11:04 AM

I love telfriends !
    One time it alert mi that my grazy
    provider toké out One of my domains, without permission !

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 3:22 am