The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

what does tel mean?

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

what does tel mean? Empty what does tel mean?

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 11:47 am

webmaster04-06-2010 11:50 AM

what does tel mean?

I just see the tel new tld. But what's for? Please let me know I can invest on this domains.

nadya04-06-2010 11:53 AM

Hi, .tel is a TLD for contact information. You can learn more about .tel and its specifics on the main website, www.telnic.org. A good place to start would be to take the .tel tour for an overview of features, and follow the other main tabs at the top for details.

webmaster04-06-2010 12:03 PM

can i use for a gaming site? i mean does it behave normal tlds? or it has to be mobile WAP etc? can i use it for a comapny web site etc? is tel a country name?

nadya04-06-2010 12:08 PM

Hi,

No, .tel doesn't behave like any other TLD. You cannot host a website on a .tel domain, you store contact information entries (addresses, weblinks, phone numbers, emails, etc.) directly in the DNS. It's a sponsored TLD, not a country name. 

When you buy a .tel domain, you get hosting for that information, as well as a CRM to input data and a proxy service that will render a .tel on any device connected to the internet. On mobiles, the proxy is optimized for low data transfer. Yes, you can use a .tel for a company website - visit ".tel for you" and see .tel for businesses for examples of companies using this technology. 

The main Wiki article about .tel can also be of help for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tel

Current date/time is 2024-05-02, 11:02 am