The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

iPhone and .tel

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

iPhone and .tel Empty iPhone and .tel

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:21 pm

kruwreka06-18-2009 12:34 PM

iPhone and .tel

Alright. Since there doesn't seem to be an iPhone thread here yet, I shall start one.

The two applications for the iPhone available in the App Store are Superbook and My.tel. If there are others I am currently not aware of them 

Both, Superbook and My.tel are being developed by Henri Asseily. I gave my opinion on the initial versions of the applications to Henri in another forum and can't wait to see where he take them.

henri06-18-2009 01:09 PM

I'm taking them in... ummmm.... somewhere. Yes! Somewhere!

First of all, Superbook changes are on the way: being able to store .tel data in your addressbook is already done, I just need to clean the UI a bit and send that to Apple.

Second, those apps are totally open source, so anyone can take the stuff and do what they want with it. I'm just showing the way, so to speak.

And finally, I'll work on privacy for superbook as soon as I have the time.

dnsRegistrar.tel06-18-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasseily (Post 205)
    so anyone can take the stuff and do what they want with it. I'm just showing the way, so to speak.

[size]
    thanks in advance to hasseily for the codebase
    the itunes-U courses in "iphone app development" are now being made available. there are 24 free lectures. I have never been more motivated than now (to develop an app) simply because the .tel proxy treats the iphone like a relic.

back to school on this one.[/size]

kruwreka06-20-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasseily (Post 205)
    I'm taking them in... ummmm.... somewhere. Yes! Somewhere!

First of all, Superbook changes are on the way: being able to store .tel data in your addressbook is already done, I just need to clean the UI a bit and send that to Apple.

Second, those apps are totally open source, so anyone can take the stuff and do what they want with it. I'm just showing the way, so to speak.

And finally, I'll work on privacy for superbook as soon as I have the time.

[size]
    Hi Henri. I was wondering if you were roaming the halls around here. Unfortunately programing was one of the few things I just never could figure out when I was in school all those years ago so I have to rely on smarter folks to create something for me to use. 

Glad to hear your progress report though it sounds like it's starting to get to you.

Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by dnsRegistrar.tel (Post 206)
    thanks in advance to hasseily for the codebase
    the itunes-U courses in "iphone app development" are now being made available. there are 24 free lectures. I have never been more motivated than now (to develop an app) simply because the .tel proxy treats the iphone like a relic.

back to school on this one.

[size]
    DnsR are you talking about the iPhone SDK tutorials? Do I have to dload those to my laptop to play since it keeps telling me that the video format is unsupported when I try to grab them on my iPhone. I have an application in mind that doesn't seem to be out there in any particular shape and maybe just maybe I will have to dig down and teach myself the programing part.[/size]

dnsRegistrar.tel06-21-2009 03:12 AM

Just do a search in iTunes for "iPhone application development"
    it's seperate from sdk stuff. I use an iPhone to view the lectures so not sure about desktop. You will need some "c" experience as well as familiarity with object oriented programming. There are assignments to complete etc etc. I'm at lecture 4. Going ok. :-/

nadya06-21-2009 10:24 AM

Hi, when you're ready to start coding for .tel, there are some resources that you may find useful, also developed by Henri for new iPhone coders:
    - iPhone SDK for .tel http://dev.telnic.org/downloads/tools/iphone_sdk.zip
    - Sample iPhone application that does DNS lookups, supports click-to-communicate and integrates location with map,[url=http://dev.telnic.org/pages/iphone/landing.html#Sample Application]http://dev.telnic.org/pages/iphone/l...%20Application[/url]
    - Source of sample iPhone app is in public SVN at http://dev.telnic.org/rep/apps/iphon...leTelApp/trunk

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 9:23 pm