The .TEL Community on the .TEL Domain Forum!

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TELuser - .TEL user management

Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TELuser - .TEL user management Empty TELuser - .TEL user management

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:37 pm

TELcp02-24-2010 03:28 PM

TELuser - .TEL user management

Hi to All,

TELuser - .TEL user management service, based on TELcp script, will be available sometime during the month of April. Release date will be announced later.

Stay tuned.

JLouisBiz02-24-2010 06:52 PM

Do you mean Telfriends management?

Which user?

TELcp02-25-2010 08:18 AM

TELuser.com will allow third party subdomain users to insert content into .TEL pages (subdomains). The users and their content will be managed by the domain owner in compliance with Telnic's AUP. More details will be published later, most probably closer to the release date.

JLouisBiz02-25-2010 08:24 AM

Right. Database that third party insert data into subdomains.

I really wonder how much is that needed. They can purchase their own domains.

steved197503-05-2010 07:39 AM

Well put JLouis - its almost *****ic to purchase subdomains and especially idiotic to try to build commercial directories on it... sure, you want to do directory listings, fine; but to charge someone for it is absolutely silly... Even if you succeed in explaing to your client what a .tel is, he would be an absolute ass if he didnt think to himself... "hmm... why dont i buy a .tel for myself at $10 a year?" instead of paying this $300 / year that this guy is demanding??

Moreover, Telnic should do a better job of making his site discoverable by telpages/whatever if it was a direct domain rather than some obtuse subdomain of a subdomain!

So all you guys dreaming of selling space on .tels - ha ha goodluck!

TELcp03-08-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5843)
    I really wonder how much is that needed. They can purchase their own domains.

[size]
    Quote:
    [/size]

Originally Posted by steved1975 (Post 6179)
    Well put JLouis - its almost *****ic to purchase subdomains and especially idiotic to try to build commercial directories on it... sure, you want to do directory listings, fine; but to charge someone for it is absolutely silly... Even if you succeed in explaing to your client what a .tel is, he would be an absolute ass if he didnt think to himself... "hmm... why dont i buy a .tel for myself at $10 a year?" instead of paying this $300 / year that this guy is demanding??

[size]
    For reference please have a look http://www.telnic.org/forum/showpost...99&postcount=6

Regards[/size]

JLouisBiz03-08-2010 09:02 PM

Yes, building paid directory on TEL makes no much sense. But who knows, maybe someone markets one of TEL domains very much, that it becomes worth having entry on that TEL domain. So that depends of the value of such directory, and value is made by marketing.

But right now, so many people offers listings, sublease, and so on, makes no sense.

Blunderer03-08-2010 09:50 PM

Sleekit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6411)
    Yes, building paid directory on TEL makes no much sense. But who knows, maybe someone markets one of TEL domains very much, that it becomes worth having entry on that TEL domain. So that depends of the value of such directory, and value is made by marketing.

But right now, so many people offers listings, sublease, and so on, makes no sense.

[size]
    You will no doubt be wanting to take my directory (chagford.tel) off your directory then? I didn't ask you to put it there.

Roy[/size]

dialaroom03-08-2010 09:56 PM

Sorry, don't have time for a full reply, am busy clearing the backlog of "absolute asses" booking paid ads, also need to pay in cheques from affiliate links, before I have another online meeting with a couple of "*****s" from South Africa and Australia on the exact details and launch of their areas.
    Don't have time to "dream of selling space", too busy being "idiotic" doing it.
    Anyway got to go just had another request for space, not sure what to invest the .tel profit in.

Oh! I know, I can spend a bit of it on takin out the owners of the London Hotel chain that want me to create .tels for them and link them all into the dialaroom london subdirectory hub, and as they're looking for a new, bright, clever, positive thinking PR and SEM guru, I'll put a word in for steve1975.

JLouisBiz03-08-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunderer (Post 6413)
    You will no doubt be wanting to take my directory (chagford.tel) off your directory then? I didn't ask you to put it there.

Roy

[size]
    Oh, no problem, you have been removed forever.

Just note: we don't ask for permission to link or show where a business is located if the business advertises itself. But everybody can choose to be removed, because there is no option for TEL domains to specify robots.txt or who can index your data.

And most of all, very important, see here, what every TEL domain directory owner is required to do:http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=764

Quote:
    [/size]

Domain Name Holder hereby represents and warrants that it has (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that third party's information in connection with the domain name, and (b) obtain that third party's express consent to the disclosure and use of that third party's information

[size]
    There is no such legal stuff on COM and other domains. And I doubt that TEL domain directory owners have sent those notices and received permissions.

Further, third party business details in one TEL directory are not property of the TEL domain owner. You should not be surprised to see in the future companies copying all the business data which you have so carefully placed.

If someone copies your third party business addresses, you can complain or argue, but it is questionable if you will be able to enforce removal of such third party information, which you obtained anyway without proper notice and express permission.

You obtain it without proper permission, and then you try to "license" your stuff.

Double moral.[/size]

Blunderer03-08-2010 11:06 PM

Myopia.

Irony is wasted on some people.

Roy

JLouisBiz03-09-2010 12:29 AM

@dialaroom

Your point is valid. If you do marketing and provide value to your clients, you build your success. And you gain clients, you can sell your advertising space, listings and so on.

One of very successful directories I have seen is Angie's List, and many directory builder could learn from her:http://www.angieslist.com/angieslist/

What I am pointing is the mass of TEL domains offering listings, such as:

Quote:

visitchicago.tel, To advertise in this “SuperBook” directory, see contact information below. Lease or Sale also possible
    birdcage.tel, To Advertise in this "SuperBook" directory, please see contact information below
    provinces.tel, To advertise in this “SuperBook” directory, see contact information below. Lease or Sale also possible
    whitefield.tel, A complete directory for Whitefield. 'Whitefield' is a generic name and is searched in Google 135,000 times a month. 
    theatricalagents.tel, TO PURCHASE THIS MULTI MEDIA LINKED INTERNET DIRECTORY DOMAIN NAME OR ADVERTISE YOUR COMPANY ON THIS DOMAIN CONTACT ; DA
    spraypaint.tel, To advertise in this “SuperBook” directory, see contact information below. Lease or Sale also possible
    pubguide.tel, Welcome to Pub Guide.tel - Check back soon for details of how to advertise your business on the exciting .tel domain. It

[size]
    And thousands of such.

The abundance of the TEL business directories offered lowers down the market value of similar or connected directories.

Especially, TEL domain, although not having that real purpose, it offers hierarchical system for people to build directories, even to those people having no clue that they could build on .COM without having a burden of TEL limits, without having to send notice and get express permission from third parties, and without being subject to private agreement, but rather to the common law.

There are many contact and link directories as software, ready made, and free of charge. TEL domain is still easier to use, as it requires no installations, and you can start building your "Yahoo" or "Phonebook", let us all dream on it. 

But the life is not a dream.

Building a commercial directory on TEL domain is very much different from the COM domain:

While on COM you can have your data organized in such a way to give hard time to anyone wishing to copy it, the TEL domain is saved in the DNS system, making it extremely easy for other businesses to copy your whole work. Even the online business card builderhttp://card.ly/demo# is harder to copy then TEL.

TEL domain holder has (must have) a private agreement with registrar, and domain holder is bound to give notices, and ask for express permission from third parties to build such a directory, while COMs are just common law based. No such strange bureaucratic stuff.

Let us see examples: DNS storage allows anyone to build applications based on your TEL domain information. 

How about your information on third party website: dialaroom.tel on third party website

Or how about Chagford.Tel on third party website 

I am soon to release, for free, such a similar small peace of software, which allows anyone to make the similar stuff like Glittel.com. For free. It will be your TEL proxy on your DOMAIN.

Anyone can then use such script with their own template, on their COM domain.

Example of my buggy script:
    dialaroom.tel

spawp.tel

chagford.tel

Soon, everyone will be able to make their own TEL proxy, and publish it on any page, as they want it, spiced up, with advertising, pictures, whatever.

Download here, it is free, buggy, and soon finishedhttp://www.teldomaintel.com/files/JLouisBiz.txt

Such software can help TEL domain owner, spice up their TEL domain information on their COM 

While dialaroom.tel has links to affiliates, and is thus benefiting directly from such copy stuff on other websites, some other people such as Chagford.tel builder, might feel offended, as they might soon find their data everywhere online.

And there is no way to sub-license business contact information, as that is not possible to copyright or to prevent third parties to publish your contact information. It would be mess on Internet if it would be so.

Think twice, before you decide to build a TEL directoryand don't whine when you see your TEL information on numerous other websites indexed, stored, spiced up, copied, printed out, and also profitable to third parties.[/size]

Blunderer03-09-2010 11:39 AM

Doppelganger.

You could also shave the top of your head and put on a false beard and moustache and look like me but, you still wouldn't have a sense of humour or irony.

Roy

JLouisBiz03-09-2010 11:52 AM

Roy, I understand your attempts to get to know me, but sorry, I am married and straight.

Blunderer03-09-2010 12:25 PM

Breakthrough.

Thank's for your concise reply. I had a £50 bet that I could get you down to one line.

Roy

tel4rent03-09-2010 01:31 PM

i could not stop laughing...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry guys but no offense.

Be well.

TelRise03-10-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 6414)
    Sorry, don't have time for a full reply, am busy clearing the backlog of "absolute asses" booking paid ads, also need to pay in cheques from affiliate links, before I have another online meeting with a couple of "*****s" from South Africa and Australia on the exact details and launch of their areas.
    Anyway got to go just had another request for space, not sure what to invest the .tel profit in.

Oh! I know, I can spend a bit of it on takin out the owners of the London Hotel chain that want me to create .tels for them and link them all into the dialaroom london subdirectory hub, and as they're looking for a new, bright, clever, positive thinking PR and SEM guru, I'll put a word in for steve1975.

[size]
    Love your post. And you are doing a great job, working on dialaroom.tel. 

It's amazing how much time and effort is being spent by some on this forum bickering and nit picking. 

Some of that effort might be put to better use actually working on .tels to increase visibility on the internet. Finer points can be tweaked later.[/size]

steved197503-11-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 6414)

[size]
    Check out my new .tel - http://dialaroomnow.tel - which is, an EXACT copy of whatever you have on dialaroom... IN FACT, its setup so that any change you make on YOUR site, i will replicate in 15 mins...[/size]

JLouisBiz03-11-2010 06:30 AM

It is not registered or active yet: http://dialaroomnow.tel

And so far Dialaroom.Tel has affiliate links, so I think replication contributes to his commissions, which is good.

dialaroom03-11-2010 10:19 AM

Thats cool steved1975, make as many as you want, dialaroom will love the google link juice, the extra commision etc. and all for free. 

Seriously steve1975, I appreciate the points you were making, it was just the way you made them, "*****, genius, ass" that I found amusing. There are always exceptions to any rule.
    Telnic
    Telnic
    High-Flyer
    High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TELuser - .TEL user management Empty Re: TELuser - .TEL user management

Post by Telnic 2015-01-02, 12:37 pm

JLouisBiz03-11-2010 09:28 PM

@steved1975 (you cannot receive private message)

Do you think AUP does not permit it if the user clicks on TEL page, pays and by permission gives his details?

By the TEL domain registrar agreement, which is not AUP, it says more clearly, if you have third party's permission, you can place their contact details. Of course provided that all contact details are accurate, or slap by registrar or TELNIC, etc.

For me, I really cannot ask third parties for permission, as long as their businesses are publicly registered. So, I will face simply anything that comes with it.

Regarding software, it works very well for me, but it would be hard to explain to someone how it works. What we publish is free software, if we publish it ever. And prior to release, we sell it, prices are 1000 dollars and up, complete package is 2000.

For example, this is free software now:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/teldomainproxy/

Which means, complete and private TEL domain proxy. Make your TEL on any other COM domain accessible. 

It also proves the concept how easy it is to display TEL information. Or to copy it. Get it? People try hard, build their directories on wrong foundation. Then someone installs TEL proxy, his advertising, and can easily remove private information, such as advertising from TEL domain author, and there you have got a complete website, you can even earn more money on someone else's work then he/she, and very probably you can even rank better then the original author, due to present SEO optimization.

Example: http://www.teldomaintel.com/cgi-bin/JLouisBiz.cgi

Let us review what it does: it reads DNS records and shows on COM domain. It is an application, it does not copy website, it reads DNS records. And it is in development.

What do some iPhone appliations like? They read DNS records. Displays data. Basically the same. So, it is encouraged that people build applications and display directories of other TEL domain owners. Indirectly, encouraged, made possible.

Only I did not see how registry agreement says that user gives consent to it. It gives consent to TELNIC to do with data stuff, but not to anyone.

Nothing prevents anyone earning on that content, making better proxy, making more money then the original TEL domain owner. Imagine.

DNS is like a public database. 

There will be little option to complain, when people start copying the hand work of other people into new TEL domains, COM domains, or simply displaying TEL on various devices by various software, gaining popularity and more image, eventually, then the original author that worked hard on it.

Louis

maximka03-12-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved1975 (Post 6570)
    Check out my new .tel - http://dialaroomnow.tel - which is, an EXACT copy of whatever you have on dialaroom... IN FACT, its setup so that any change you make on YOUR site, i will replicate in 15 mins...

[size]
    It is very interesting idea and nice modeling of a situation. Sooner or later somebody surely will begin to do such things, and people who invested a lot of their work in creation of their TEL-projects will suffer great losses.

What Telnic think about prevention of such kind of things?[/size]

JLouisBiz03-12-2010 03:33 PM

Sorry, but it is not preventable.

See this: [size=32]turtles.tel

Har, har, har....[/size]

maximka03-12-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6667)
    Sorry, but it is not preventable.

See this: [size=32]turtles.tel

Har, har, har....

[/size]

[size]
    What do you think about coping not contacts but the text from my site? Do you think it is legal?

Look here: http://about-this-project.turtles.tel/[/size]

JLouisBiz03-12-2010 07:13 PM

Hey, I don't copy anything. You copy it yourself by clicking on the link. 

BTW, I like turtles, I had couple of these. Died during the winter due to hungry ants:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...allorca_02.jpg

Regarding your TEL domain, and ALL TEL domains, I don't think that legal agreements are legal enough. 

SOON there will be all kinds of applications to READ and DISPLAY your and other TEL domains. One of those is this one:
    http://telnic.org/images/screenshots...ook/622910.jpg

Now you get the point. TEL information is stored in the DNS because mobile applications, but not only mobile, will be able to READ your information and DISPLAY your TEL information. And while doing that, someone can sell TEL domains, can sell anything, show advertising and so on, get it?

So, if that application is illegal, mine is illegal too.

tel4rent03-12-2010 10:04 PM

Hi all,

it looks very interesting the points that are mentioned here. A question:

aren't all information related to a particular domain / user saved in the DNS under his domain name and only accessible to him during change/update of information?

are you saying that you could access via the DNS the information of any domain /user using specific script/apps?

OR

are you copying the data by visiting the domain? copy paste like copying the text displayed on the domain page?

Thanks for clarifying.

Be well.

JLouisBiz03-12-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

are you saying that you could access via the DNS the information of any domain /user using specific script/apps?

[size]
    Yes, sure. That is the whole point of the TEL domain, so that applications can "speedily" access the information, parse it and display or use in some manner.

The information is easily readable by simple commands, such as:

host -t naptr dubaimetro.tel

But you need some simple software to read that information and show it or use it in some manner.

For example:

Quote:
    [/size]

dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tkw" "1" "ft" "Dubai Metro\010\010Dubai Metro Red Line is NOW OPEN.\010Dubai Metro Green Line expected by End of 2010.\010Dubai Metro Blue Line expected by 2014.\010Dubai Metro Purple Line expected by 2012."
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tkw" "1" "nl" "" "nn" "Dubai Metro"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "100" "RED LINE (Open)"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "101" "GREEN LINE (Not Open)"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "102" "PURPLE LINE (Not Open)"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "103" "BLUE LINE (Not Open)"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "104" "WOJHATI (Journey Planner)"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "105" "Road and Transport Authority - Government Of Dubai"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "106" "Inquiry"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tlb" "1" "100" "107" "Rate US"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tsm" "1" "dds" "Dubai Metro"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text ".tsm" "1" "pddx" "1"
    dubaimetro.tel descriptive text "Dubai Metro - Metro Service reverted to normal schedule.\010\010Saturday-Thursday 0600-2300 (6am-11pm)\010Friday 1400-2400 (2pm-midnight)"

dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 100 "" "" "" redline.dubaimetro.tel.
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 107 "u" "E2U+web:http" "!^.*$!http://www.topdottelsites.com/index.php!" .
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 106 "u" "E2U+email:mailto" "!^.*$!mailto:tel4rent@gmail.com!" .
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 105 "" "" "" rta.dubaimetro.tel.
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 104 "" "" "" journey-planner.dubaimetro.tel.
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 103 "" "" "" blueline.dubaimetro.tel.
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 102 "" "" "" purpleline.dubaimetro.tel.
    dubaimetro.tel has NAPTR record 100 101 "" "" "" greenline.dubaimetro.tel.

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 7:43 am